Hide, industrial quantities?

wizard03

9 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

Store hide from hunting trips on dinos, I have so many dinos full of hide! It wont help immediately but for the future it can!

Exactly, Ark is as much resource management as survival. Why farm twice, if you keep what you collect meat farming you won't need to make hide farming an additional chore.

On 10/16/2020 at 8:40 AM, wizard03 said:

I did not know you could harvest pure hide with theri.......dats interdasting.....

Current situation to help you guys is I am in SE with a secound player, and we are offline.....and the reason for the industrial amounts of hide is due to the ascendent saddle for the megalos.....25k for each saddle, and Iv bred up about 6 of em....anyone got a spare 200k hide? XD

The fastest way to get hide by a longshot is to harvest ovis with a chainsaw. I'm not sure what rates you have going, but I play on a cluster with 1.3x gathering multiplier for hide. Max level is 202. I'll explain how I do it but some of these things may not apply to you due to singleplayer.

I went to valguero and tamed like 40 ovis, trying to find a high hp stat. Best i found was 1240. I then raise lots of them at once and put them in cryopods when they're grown. I leave them in cryopods for a while so they passively gain levels. After doing this for a while I basically always have a full cryofridge of unslaughtered ovis that are passively gaining levels. Spending points into HP on the ovis increases the yield when you harvest it. I usually keep them stored until they have ~60 unspent points. That takes their health up to about 5000. I then use a crafted chainsaw with 570% dmg (crafting bonus). And then you need a mindwipe potion so you can spend your points into melee damage. It may be smart to spend a few points into weight as well. Then  I slaughter the ovis next to a couple of vaults/dedicated storages in a room with 20 grills. Dump the hide/fur in storage and run around filling up the grills with mutton. I get about 12-15k hide and fur per ovis this way. 

You want lots of grills because you will be getting so much mutton this way. I end up with like 40 stacks of cooked lamb chops from a single ovis. It's worth doing for a while if you need the meat, but at some point you will have so much excess fur and mutton that you're likely gonna start dumping it naturally just to save yourself having to interact with 20 grills. I started dumping the fur when I had 1 million on storage.

Archived