New Item: Backpack

Sbh0004

Suggestion

If there were an inventory item that function similar to the inventory folders, it would alleviate a lot of inventory management. There are items i always try to have in my inventory but every time i fast travel or transfer maps my inventory folders get deleted (on xbox at least). Having a backpack would help a lot to quickly pick up a kit that you regularly use. In my case its like 15 different items I always try to have on me.

5 replies to this server topic

On 11/13/2020 at 9:18 AM, Qwertymine said:

LOL! When Atlas was first released you could open the Ark Singleplayer menu in it and Atlas was marked as a DLC map. 

Yes, I am well aware that initially Atlas was marked as a DLC as Ark and they then split. That happened quiet a while ago and is beside the point being made. The similarities were merely pointed out as an example as the possibilities with keeping folder's in place during the travel between maps. Having played both games officially and unofficially, and a follower of both on multiple media platforms, I am fully aware of how they started and where they are today. 

Regardless, the point to this suggestion is that if Ark is unable to come up with a method to keeping those folders in place, having an item such as a backpack that could be used to sort items separate from the character inventory as another method to staying organized. A point, once again, I fully agree with and support. 

Added features could be: 

• Weight reduction for a standard bag could be upgraded if the backpack is upgraded
  • Additional line items between the backpack and your own inventory
  • If added as an accessory, then the glider suit and such items could also be added as accessories so that wearing full sets of skins is a more likely possibility
  • Another item to reskin with fun holiday set's 
  • It is fitting to a survival game to have a luggage set of sorts so it is a feasible item for the game type.

And I am sure there are many other reasons that it could be used as well.

Honestly, besides having a "dumping" folder - I haven't used them in so long... 

Mostly because of the loss of folders during transmitting (on xbox here as well so I can't say its the same for PC). It is very annoying and in the end, I became frustrated enough to do away with it. 

At first I thought it had something to do with the transmitting process, but then I played Atlas for a bit and found that not only would my folders transfer between ocean grids, but so would the inventories on creatures and in storage both with and without folders as well....

And I know the two games are different and created by different people - but it does make it seem possible for them to create a way to lock folders in place when moving between maps.

The backpack idea isn't a bad backup though. Personally I would rather it be something for mass storage that would possibly cut weight - but I can see how using it to lock the items you wish to keep and still have access too in place works since nothing else does. (unless you are playing on one map.)

If they had an Accessory Slot(s) for the character as it has been suggested for items like the glider suite - it would even have a place to go. 

1 hour ago, Sbh0004 said:

If there were an inventory item that function similar to the inventory folders, it would alleviate a lot of inventory management. There are items i always try to have in my inventory but every time i fast travel or transfer maps my inventory folders get deleted (on xbox at least). Having a backpack would help a lot to quickly pick up a kit that you regularly use. In my case its like 15 different items I always try to have on me.

also maybe it could Reduced wight on items and allow you to hold more! Like 200 bullets! 

Archived