Overpowered dinos with insane abilities

Butterfly

Overpowered dinos with insane abilities

I love the idea of the genesis map. I love the idea of the new dinos that have been put into the game, but I cannot understand where WildCard thought it would be a good idea to yet again put not one (managarmar), but three dinos in the game that are able to outrange turrets. Not only can they outrange them but they can damage them from that range. On top of that there is one buildable cave on the entire map. For a map you want people to play on long term you obviously didn't think this through very well. There should never be a dino that outranges turrets the whole point of this game is to build up enough with enough turrets and dinos to defend your base. You aren't able to do anything if everything attacking you is outside of turret range.

16 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

As much as I hate to call for nerfs, the magmasaur is indeed broken in its current state. Very easy to acquire, able to outrange turret and can easily destroy just about any base.

The bloodstalker is pretty much a mobile ESP creature with a short range aimbot for picking up players...

With its coming fixes turrets will shoot the fireball and it’ll take ingots to fire it and bloodstalker has a built in counter for when ya get grabbed you can struggle to get free or just pike/shoot it as it’s pulling you in they don’t have much hp and eat the rider after there health gets low 

1 hour ago, Markdh31788 said:

With its coming fixes turrets will shoot the fireball and it’ll take ingots to fire it and bloodstalker has a built in counter for when ya get grabbed you can struggle to get free or just pike/shoot it as it’s pulling you in they don’t have much hp and eat the rider after there health gets low 

i don't see making it cost ingots to fire going to be a issue for most tribes that like to go around destroying other peoples bases, on the island and valguero I've seen exposed tek storage boxes that have over 200k ingots in them,  not to mention all the ingots you can acquire from doing the extinction drops and breaking them piles of gates and pillars you get from them down to base materials.

4 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

i don't see making it cost ingots to fire going to be a issue for most tribes that like to go around destroying other peoples bases, on the island and valguero I've seen exposed tek storage boxes that have over 200k ingots in them,  not to mention all the ingots you can acquire from doing the extinction drops and breaking them piles of gates and pillars you get from them down to base materials.

it’s to even out the cost they use ingots to shoot your turret uses bullets to stop it it’s just to balance it out some which soaking via fireball would take longer than soaking via a tank anyways 

Just now, Markdh31788 said:

it’s to even out the cost they use ingots to shoot your turret uses bullets to stop it it’s just to balance it out some which soaking via fireball would take longer than soaking via a tank anyways 

bullets cost alot of ingots, and don't do the splash damage that the magmasaurs blast does, even rockets don't do nearly that much damage,  I magmasaur turret fire will wipe out a stone behemoth gate, and destroy any stone walls/foundations it hits,  takes two hits from a wild one to destroy a metal gate door.  i doubt that even the ingot cost they will apply to the turret fire for this beast will even out the damage, let alone its range vs. the standard turrets or previous turret dinos.

1 minute ago, caleb68 said:

bullets cost alot of ingots, and don't do the splash damage that the magmasaurs blast does, even rockets don't do nearly that much damage,  I magmasaur turret fire will wipe out a stone behemoth gate, and destroy any stone walls/foundations it hits,  takes two hits from a wild one to destroy a metal gate door.  i doubt that even the ingot cost they will apply to the turret fire for this beast will even out the damage, let alone its range vs. the standard turrets or previous turret dinos.

They’ve tossed around other ideas like reducing range increasing drop rate stuff like that but they wanna see how it goes with the first patch then go from there so they don’t end up nerfing it into the ground.  Go to there twitter page and you can see some of the discussions about it 

5 minutes ago, Markdh31788 said:

They’ve tossed around other ideas like reducing range increasing drop rate stuff like that but they wanna see how it goes with the first patch then go from there so they don’t end up nerfing it into the ground.  Go to there twitter page and you can see some of the discussions about it 

nah that's okay, I think i'll pass on the one-sided twitter discussions.  Just have to wait and see what actually gets implemented, as what they 'discuss' doesn't always mean that's what's going to happen.

15 hours ago, MrHalloween said:

You always could outrange turrets with a cannon so it's no different imo

Besides the fact any base can be raided with a tek suit and riot shield

Or a quetz box or racer box, no base is safe no matter how many turrets you cap

Even if they nerf it, your still gonna get mek rushed or rocket run in the end xD

Do box dinos still work?

Then don't play pvp, it's simple that easy. Magmasaur is supposed to be the creature that destroys everything on sight. Can you ever think about a lava metaor that is directly coming onto your house in real life? I don't think any metal or higher quality materials will stand against it without getting any damage at all... 

Archived