ARK: Extinction vs ARK: Aberration

Fonseca

ARK: Extinction vs ARK: Aberration

Hello, 

I started the game a few months ago and I'm in love :), so I wanted to buy a dlc to continue my adventure.

The problem is I don't know if there is any order I should buy them or if it doesn't matter, yet I want some suggestions in what to buy first: Aberration or Extinction.

Tell me about the map and the bosses, as well as the other creatures. 

Ps: I was going to buy extinction because of the snow owl (I like it a lot) 

If you're going for the story experience, Scorched is the best way to go, as it follows up the Island. It also has Wyverns, Elementals, and various other creatures. It's gameplay is challenging, but not too tough.

Aberration is probably the best DLC(Aside from Ravagers). It's creature roster, gameplay mechanics, and general atmosphere are superb. 

Extinction is alright. It is a but buggy, and can be daunting at first, but it's solid otherwise. As a solo player, I found completing it a little harder than I bargained for, but it's definitely doable. I would caution getting the DLC just for the Snow Owl, as you may be disappointed with the rest of it if you only go in for that. 

Aberration is probably the way to go. It's such a divergence from the normal Ark experience, and plays into a lot of the game's often overlooked points. 

2 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

If you're going for the story experience, Scorched is the best way to go, as it follows up the Island. It also has Wyverns, Elementals, and various other creatures. It's gameplay is challenging, but not too tough.

Aberration is probably the best DLC(Aside from Ravagers). It's creature roster, gameplay mechanics, and general atmosphere are superb. 

Extinction is alright. It is a but buggy, and can be daunting at first, but it's solid otherwise. As a solo player, I found completing it a little harder than I bargained for, but it's definitely doable. I would caution getting the DLC just for the Snow Owl, as you may be disappointed with the rest of it if you only go in for that. 

Aberration is probably the way to go. It's such a divergence from the normal Ark experience, and plays into a lot of the game's often overlooked points. 

agreed about ravagers!

if they didnt have bleed. they would be ok

1 hour ago, Qwertymine said:

Dont forget glow in the dark creatures

1 hour ago, Fonseca said:

what are ravagers?

They are appropriately named, because they will ravage you

3 hours ago, Fonseca said:

what are ravagers?

Basically hairless wolves. They spawn primarily in the beginning area, and have Gnashed when wild, meaning if you don't kill them fast enough they can kill anything in under 100 seconds(Give or take). They are tough to deal with until you get a mount that can kill them, outrun them, or is simply ignored by them. 

Archived