Do not allow players to essentially destroy their own character in good faith

Fresiki

Suggestion

Do not allow players to essentially destroy their own character in good faith

I am currently experiencing a bug where I get disconnected whenever I try to access something after having uploaded too many items into a tek transmitter. I didn't know about this at all, and have gathered all of what I am currently about to say from google. Apparently others have experienced this issue as well. What I hear people talk about in relation to this issue is that you can only store 50 stacks of items inside the "Ark data" on a transmitter, and going over that will (or can) cause your connection to crash every time you access an obelisk or transmitter.  A fix that the people affected by this bug have reported to solve the issue is to go into single player and build a tek transmitter there, then download items from your Ark Data and into single player so you get the total amount of uploaded items down to 50, then going back online. I am on an unofficial cluster that does not allow transfer to/from other servers, so I can't do that. The server admin probably won't enable cross server transfers just to help me with this issue. I am not sure what's gonna happen, but I can't really see this issue being solved then.

So my suggestion is, for God's sake, don't let your game allow for players to end up in this rut. How is there not some kind of limit to how much you can upload if this is indeed the case? Why does it let you upload so many items that something somewhere in the system can't handle it and everything collapses? Why isn't there a popup saying "you cannot upload more items" before you get to that point? Make it so that the game won't let you upload more items than you actually can upload before things go haywire.

2 replies to this server topic

if you crash every time you access an obi or transmitter, its your local files i bet!

i had that problem too!

check if you have stuff in your transmitter/obi in singleplayer, if so, take them out and/or delete your singleplayer world!

thats what fixed it for me in an instant!

the other "fix" i heared of, is deleting your local player file ( wich contains the map exploration/achivement data) that should help too!, but didnt have to try it

Archived