Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

How you guys identify in which tribe is a player?
I'm the admin of a server and have to join in different tribes. I read now the savegame and export ALL.

In the ASV_Players.json and ASV_Tribes.json my character is in 3 different tribes right now. Its hard to figure out which is the current active tribe. Not get me wrong: for me as person its easy, i know it, but from code perspective 🙂

EDIT:
Or @MirageUKcan you check again is your export-data correct? It looks like something get wrong. Because in the wrong tribe i have also the coords of the location of my real tribe. And in the real tribe my coords and inventory are empty, in the JSON. 

Thanks for your reply, @StevenB. I'm using the latest 5.0.0.10 version of ASV.

I already wrote with Mirage. I think there are two problems:

• Export is not working correctly when in the targert directory already existing JSON-files. I exported last night 3pm and today 11.30pm. Only the Tribe JSON gets replaced. The other wasn't touched by ASV.
  • I deleted now the JSON files and now i'm only in two (instead of three) tribes. So seems the first issue needs to be fixed and then he can research why i'm still in two tribes

I hope its only a small thing mirage 🙂 🤞

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, pleinx said:

Export is not working correctly when in the targert directory already existing JSON-files. I exported last night 3pm and today 11.30pm. Only the Tribe JSON gets replaced. The other wasn't touched by ASV.

Hm interesting. Granted I run it on Linux, but it overwrites fine on my end with 5.0.0.8 (unable to test newer atm)

On 12/29/2023 at 10:54 AM, MirageUK said:

5.0.0.10 now available for download:

Features

• Split mutated stats into their own view. Toggled similar to base/tamed using the new "Mutations" option. @Elgar

image.png.694dc003c824bb9d2d35be9496c7e8ea.png

Fixes

• Crash attempting to blindly read in unknown data for saddle/costume/skin of a cryo stored creature. @GodOfNoiseMods

First of all thanks for your contributions to the community, this tool looks awesome.

I'm hosting an ASA server on patch 33.23. I can't seem to get it to load the file from local. I'm self hosting on an extra windows 10 desktop. I downloaded the .net and the application launches and attempts to open the file (TheIsland_WP.ark) but says "Content failed to load". I did get an older version of the game to load that I had backed up a few weeks ago but the current server isn't loading.

Any ideas?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kestrl said:

First of all thanks for your contributions to the community, this tool looks awesome.

I'm hosting an ASA server on patch 33.23. I can't seem to get it to load the file from local. I'm self hosting on an extra windows 10 desktop. I downloaded the .net and the application launches and attempts to open the file (TheIsland_WP.ark) but says "Content failed to load". I did get an older version of the game to load that I had backed up a few weeks ago but the current server isn't loading.

Any ideas?

Working on a new release at the moment.  

The previous releases with cryopod support has memory leak issues which may be preventing your save from loading.

If you can provide a copy of your backup for me to download I can check my current changes fix the issue you are also experiencing.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MroczneZakamarki said:

Hi ;) I noticed one more thing, that dino in cryo (Pelayori's Cryo) are not visible on the grid if they are in the player's inventory.

Aah, and something weird with Svartalfheim map, everything is somehow squeezed on the map 🙈

obraz.png.b811fcc658226c9764286b13e5df97de.png

Svartalfheim is still in development.  Just been in-game and had a fly around in GCM and that is the only area that is playable at the moment and so the only area things spawn.  Looks weird but that's actually correct.

I'll have to investigate the cryopod stuff but I have a REX in a pod on my own personal inventory and that's showing in my list of tames but this is standard not Pelayori's Cryo so might need your backup again to investigate that one.

5.0.0.11 now available to download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FnlNXRSy7fUZK0qkOrL2IsHG550WOi44/view?usp=drive_link

Fixes

• Re-worked cryopod reads for ASA to prevent memory leaks.
  • Added some additional code to re-generate new UUID for cryopod dinos and their status components if the UUID they have assigned is already in use.
  • Re-worked how players are assigned to tribes to prevent a player being incorrectly assigned to multiple tribes. @pleinx
  • Now deletes any previous export json before writing a new one.  Previously it did not overwrite in some cases when the same file names were used. @pleinx
  • Re-worked some loops and tried to improve performance of larger reads.  @StevenB
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks (again and again) for the quick-fix. Works perfectly! 🙂

Btw. a quick question. How was the syntax for only export specific data?

C:\temp\ASA\asv\ASVExport.exe tribes tamed "C:\temp\ASA\TheIsland_WP\TheIsland_WP.ark" "C:\temp\ASA\export\"

C:\temp\ASA\asv\ASVExport.exe tribes tamed "C:\temp\ASA\TheIsland_WP\TheIsland_WP.ark" "C:\temp\ASA\export\"

ASVExport.exe is doing something for 1-2sec but not output. Its broken, deprecated or i'm doing something wrong? :)

6 hours ago, MirageUK said:

Working on a new release at the moment.  

The previous releases with cryopod support has memory leak issues which may be preventing your save from loading.

If you can provide a copy of your backup for me to download I can check my current changes fix the issue you are also experiencing.

Will do thanks! Also as a fellow software dev, I appreciate the work you're putting in for free. I would get burnt out so fast

Edit: The new version works perfectly! Thanks again.

Edited by Kestrl
new version works
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, pleinx said:

Thanks (again and again) for the quick-fix. Works perfectly! 🙂

Btw. a quick question. How was the syntax for only export specific data?

ASVExport.exe is doing something for 1-2sec but not output. Its broken, deprecated or i'm doing something wrong? :)

ASVExport.exe <option> <input.ark> <output.json>

Options:

• all  (<output> should be directory not file.)
  • map
  • structures
  • logs
  • tribes
  • players
  • wild
  • tamed
Edited by MirageUK

13 minutes ago, Kestrl said:

Will do thanks! Also as a fellow software dev, I appreciate the work you're putting in for free. I would get burnt out so fast

Edit: The new version works perfectly! Thanks again.

I like a challenge sometimes and it's a balance between getting time to play and trying to improve the app - as it helps us play :) 

I know you guys all seem to use it for admin purposes but for me it's always just been a tool to help me find the best wilds to add to our breeding lines.  Glad it's helping so many of you all out though, however you use it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MirageUK said:

Svartalfheim is still in development.  Just been in-game and had a fly around in GCM and that is the only area that is playable at the moment and so the only area things spawn.  Looks weird but that's actually correct.

I'll have to investigate the cryopod stuff but I have a REX in a pod on my own personal inventory and that's showing in my list of tames but this is standard not Pelayori's Cryo so might need your backup again to investigate that one.

There really is a shift of coordinates, here you can see all the fish in the water :) and in the table they start at 40. Apparently the coordinate system converter had to be changed, the long ones from the game and the readable lat/lon ones :)

fish.jpg.db3dd4cdafd8ba2ffb0e17705e252555.jpg

For Cryo searching I will send you my savegame in the PM :) THANK YOU!

3 hours ago, MirageUK said:

Yes.  The option is a for a single output.

If you want all output continue to use "all" and discard the files you don't actually want.

All good :) My purpose was to see if i can a little bit save the load on the server running the export. Currently i'm using the cpu affinity and assigned one-core to the ASVExport.exe. Works good so far.

But it makes no really difference. ASV has to parse anyway the savegame first and export the things thats requested. So i will go for "all". Thanks.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

5.0.0.12 now available for download:

Features

• Player structure export now includes include/exclude lists for feeding troughs. @pleinx
  • Tames export now includes "mutation" point allocations (suffix -m)

Fixes

• Pelayori's Cryo mod (possibly standard too) now reads in all "CustomItemDatas" instead of blindly assuming cryo data is stored in the first set of custom bytes. @MroczneZakamarki
  • Svartalfheim for ASA map re-aligned (horribly) but it'll have to do til Nekatus resumes work on it after Scorched Earth. @MroczneZakamarki
Edited by MirageUK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Orbis said:

Anything I can do about "Content failed to load"? 

I have another build to release with some fixes for duplicate "unique" id's used by both in-world and cryo creatures at the same time.  New build will give cryo creatures a new UUID regardless of what is in the game data to prevent this crash on load.

Still some testing to do and working on exposing chibi xp so won't be until later today I put a release out.

In the meantime if you want to provide a copy of your backup I will test it in dev and ensure the issue you are experiencing won't be an issue in next release.

• Like 2