Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

On 12/19/2019 at 7:47 PM, MirageUK said:

Donations

Please don't feel you need to donate ANYTHING but if you really want to you can at https://ko-fi.com/mirageuk

@geigercom - I have a Ko-fi account setup for donations but please don't feel you need to. I enjoy coding and helping others where I can and have a well enough paid "day job" to cover the bills :)

• Like 1

Apologies guys - I know you're patient but I should have updated you. 

I managed to get the whole save file parsed but had to start a new library project of my own to do so as it was proving quite difficult to try and add in the bits that had changed to the existing toolkit ASV uses.

The good news is it appears to be VERY fast in comparrison to the old way of loading a save.  I'm now only loading information I need instead of everything and as the properties are stored with the game objects it makes multi-threading more performant :)

I also imagine that it will also be possible to delete stuff offline without having a knock on effect on other data in-game because of how it's now stored.

Unfortunately, as it's a new toolkit, I now have some work to do to surface all of that information up to ASV in a way that it already understands which is going to take a few more days.  I've already got the map image and co-ordinate system worked out as that was slightly different to the original Island on ASE so it is literally just pulling all that info up to the UI and export options.. then work on adding the new properties as appropriate in future builds of ASV.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

Apologies guys - I know you're patient but I should have updated you. 

I managed to get the whole save file parsed but had to start a new library project of my own to do so as it was proving quite difficult to try and add in the bits that had changed to the existing toolkit ASV uses.

The good news is it appears to be VERY fast in comparrison to the old way of loading a save.  I'm now only loading information I need instead of everything and as the properties are stored with the game objects it makes multi-threading more performant :)

I also imagine that it will also be possible to delete stuff offline without having a knock on effect on other data in-game because of how it's now stored.

Unfortunately, as it's a new toolkit, I now have some work to do to surface all of that information up to ASV in a way that it already understands which is going to take a few more days.  I've already got the map image and co-ordinate system worked out as that was slightly different to the original Island on ASE so it is literally just pulling all that info up to the UI and export options.. then work on adding the new properties as appropriate in future builds of ASV.

Thanks - that you work on it...  we miss the Tool, but we know, you give us a great Tool back. Take the Time you need.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MirageUK said:

Would it then be possible (in theory) to add things or specifically "export" from an ARK:SE savegame for example dinos... (in cryo) and "import" them into an ARK:SA savegame... probably not applicable to everything, but perhaps beloved dinosaurs could be reused in ARK:SA?

Edited by CityDuke

13 hours ago, CityDuke said:

Would it then be possible (in theory) to add things or specifically "export" from an ARK:SE savegame for example dinos... (in cryo) and "import" them into an ARK:SA savegame... probably not applicable to everything, but perhaps beloved dinosaurs could be reused in ARK:SA?

Nope - it's possible in theory to copy from one ASA db to another - but the binary format from ASE would still be incompatible due to the changes.

On 12/8/2023 at 12:26 PM, HPTD1 said:

there is an option ingame on each tame to export them to a file. the Ark Smartbreeding app uses these files to read tame data to make the breeding database. You could make a converter that could read a exported tame from ASE read the stats and create a spawncommand for ASA.

This. I've been longing for a way to move at least some of my ASE creatures to ASA to make the experience perfect for me, and to prevent myself from totally starting from scratch.

@MirageUK and other admins Did you know the console command cheat ListDinos ? I wasn't aware that such a command existed because it's not even listed in the wiki. It's useful because it displays (in the extended console, press the console key twice) the list of every dino currently on the server, sorted by species, with the numbers of tamed, wild, female and babies. And the list is also automatically pasted to your clipboard. Locations are not revealed, so you can even share this list with the members of your server.

While waiting for ASA ArkViewer it's an interesting command to know !

2 hours ago, Elgar said:

Awesome !

One question when I see this screenshot : are wild babies and juveniles tracked too ?

Im not actually sure yet - have to check the data.  Just wanted to get it working the same as it did for ASE before looking into how wild babies are handled but would imagine they are included.   Future updates of ASV will include the "age" of wilds if that information is available.

...edit.. - wild baby properties are available.

image.png.e60709613232bf97b60c0c5f847cfb90.png

Edited by MirageUK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ASAViewer.jpg.fe65def8aa58f3a5f6480456ea729c6e.jpg

Version 5.0.0.0 now available for download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wOILl1DTPhvZCKs4x0J_0tfM4kv1NYQu/view?usp=drive_link

Alternatively for those that can't access Google (drive) it's also available on my public Github repo:

https://github.com/miragedmuk/ASV/releases/tag/ASA

Features

• Initial support for Ark Survival Ascended file format.

Fixes

• Copy/Rcon command no longer causes an error on dropped/item search tabs.

Work in progress

• Painting support for ASA.
  • Filters by baby and display of baby age for wilds  (currently filtered out same as cave dinos if "Tameable" checked).. and tames.
  • Cryopod support.
  • Investigate new ASA data properties to see if they might provide more feature to ASV.
  • Refactor the code so its more readable (no effect on app use)

Donations

Once again, please don't feel you need to donate ANYTHING, but if you really want to you can at:

https://ko-fi.com/mirageuk

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

After a few minutes testing it (and after installing .NET Desktop Runtime which was required), it works flawlessly ! Thank you :)

- Just noticed a shift between the positions shown on map and the reality in-game. For example, what is in game on Herbivore Island itself is shown on ASV map on the main land beach in front of Herbivore Island.

- Carchas and Rhynios are named Carcha_Character_BP_C and Rhynio_Character_BP_C

Edited by Elgar
  • Thanks 2