Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

Hello Mirage. Love your tool and i use it all the time.

However, after i just wiped the server, it is now failing to load content from the save.

could you take a look at this save file and see whats causing it to fail possibly?

Ragnarok.ark (MEGA LINK)

would appreciate it very very much, would love to provide more info, but it does not seem the program gives any sort of log when it fails to read content.

Edited by LustWare

1 hour ago, Larkfields said:

>> However, after i just wiped the server, it is now failing to load content from the save.
Are you using any mods?  

ASV's log file might be in the directory where you have ASV installed.

yes, i have 2 servers running the same mods, same map.

one loads fine, one fails, im wondering why this one fails.

as nothing should be different between the two (except players and tribes and buildings...)

1 hour ago, LustWare said:

yes, i have 2 servers running the same mods, same map.

one loads fine, one fails, im wondering why this one fails.

as nothing should be different between the two (except players and tribes and buildings...)

I tried an earlier version of ASV, and it reported
LoadSaveGame failedSystem.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: DinoCharacterStatus_BP_Coel_C1

So I wonder if it's worth trying a wild dino wipe.

1 hour ago, Larkfields said:

I tried an earlier version of ASV, and it reported
LoadSaveGame failedSystem.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: DinoCharacterStatus_BP_Coel_C1

So I wonder if it's worth trying a wild dino wipe.

hmm, thats odd.

i have every single water dino disabled (including all fishes) on both servers. (due to none of the water dinos are being used with the mods i run)

not sure why it would say it has something to do with the Coel fish

I also did a dino wipe, saved world, still not loading.

Edited by LustWare

@LustWare it appears to be a stored creature (cryopod/vivarium) that has somehow lost it's TargetingTeam property.  I will add some defensive code so that it dosn't crash when attempting to replace this with the owner of the cryopod/cryofridge/vivarium it is in.

Will do a new build and get it uploaded after work this evening.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MirageUK said:

@LustWare it appears to be a stored creature (cryopod/vivarium) that has somehow lost it's TargetingTeam property.  I will add some defensive code so that it dosn't crash when attempting to replace this with the owner of the cryopod/cryofridge/vivarium it is in.

Will do a new build and get it uploaded after work this evening.

appreciate it, thank you very much.

yea no idea how that has happened hehe

• 2 weeks later...

Hello MirageUK.
I wanted to thank you for the fix! it really saved me a lot of work!

i do have a little request..

is it possible to see who in a tribe has placed a certain structure?

reasoning is to figure out which player is breaking certain building rules, and i do not want to punish the whole tribe if just a single player is doing it.

• 2 weeks later...

@MirageUK First thank you really much for this nice tool. It really helps us alot to do the admin work.

We added a new Mod (akka's Interior Decor Structures) to one of our servers in the cluster and after that, we can not read the ark savegames anymore. It just shows: "Content failed to load. Please check settings or refresh download to try again."

I tried a savegame before the mod and it works. I did not find any logs inside the folder where the executable is located at. So is there a way to get more information what the problem is?

Thank you very much!

8 hours ago, zzzmarshmallow said:

Just wanted to say thanks for this tool and continuing to update it. This app is hands-down the most essential thing for running a server for friends, and it has saved so many headaches of lost dinos, items and players. Without it my friends would have given up the game day 1. Cheers!

Glad it's helping so many people out.  All started as a simple grid to show the best wilds to try and tame and introduce to our breeds on our own private server between friends. 

It became what it is due to one of them suggesting it'd be useful to others.. then after adding a few features and releasing it on here, you guys are the ones that kept it going with new requests, bug fixes and additions :) ... and I'm always keen to learn and fix things where I can.

It could be much better had it been a real "project" instead of something I've just hacked together learning along the way.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zzzmarshmallow said:

Just wanted to say thanks for this tool and continuing to update it. This app is hands-down the most essential thing for running a server for friends, and it has saved so many headaches of lost dinos, items and players. Without it my friends would have given up the game day 1. Cheers!

I agree.  ASV has been absolutely brilliant, and I really appreciate MirageUK's time and responsiveness for updates and fixes.

• Like 1

I must say this tool is invaluable thank you very much.

Would it be possible to add a column to the Player Structures list to indicate if the structure was locked or not?

This would be very useful when determining if a player left storage locked when they claim items went missing from it.

Would also be very nice if the name of the structure was included if the player has renamed it.

Edited by OneDarkJester
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, OneDarkJester said:

I must say this tool is invaluable thank you very much.

Would it be possible to add a column to the Player Structures list to indicate if the structure was locked or not?

This would be very useful when determining if a player left storage locked when they claim items went missing from it.

Would also be very nice if the name of the structure was included if the player has renamed it.

No idea - don't believe I ever used any "lock" feature when I was playing so wasn't aware one was available.

Re-installing ARK atm so will see what I can find and let you know.

4.5.1.5 now available to download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tlvcIB9MfDF_wzV2uoalKtJVsnSZCBHF/view?usp=sharing

Features

• Added user allocated "Name" and "Locked" columns to the Player Structures tab. @OneDarkJester
  • Added same properties to the exported json player structure file.

lockedstructures.jpg.4343593abec75269b028d5a15c4c8055.jpg

Edited by MirageUK

hello Mirage, another question / problem.

when i am searching through tamed creatures and i tick the include uploaded checkbox, it doesnt actually do anything / show anything.

i have tested this myself with dinos i have uploaded to the obelisk but they do not show in the program.

is there any fix to this?

edit 1:
i think i know why.
the uploaded dinos are uploaded in a soul ball / cryopod
would it be possible to see what dino is in said cryopod / soul trap

edit 2:

even after looking at item search, specifically searching for the soultrap and ticking the uploaded box, it does not show it.

the uploads are stored in a seperate "cluster" folder, if that could be why?

Edited by LustWare