Ghillie Suit Mechanics?

NymeriaSaida

So, how exactly does the "reduces the enemy visibility range by 50%" feature of ghillie armor work? I have a couple specific questions that the wiki entry does not address:

1) Does it only affect the aggro range of dinosaurs (and if so, does it work on wild dinos or just tamed ones?), or does it actually have any impact on the distance at which your character renders in for other players?

2) Does it affect the targeting range of x plants or auto turrets?

3) Do you have to have the full suit equipped to get the effect, or does it scale with each piece you add and reach 50% once you have all the pieces equipped? Or does it just give you the 50% bonus as soon as you equip one piece?

If anyone with hands-on experience could answer any/all of these questions, it would be much appreciated! Me and my tribemate are planning to do some stealthy recon on the jerkwads who moved in on our peninsula and raided our little hunting shack, but I wanna get a solid idea of what sort of stealth bonuses I'm gonna get from the ghillie armor before I go making a fool of myself because I think I'm more effectively hidden than I really am...

A few months ago I was on a PvE server, kind of new doing my own thing on my boat , and saw this guy on my boat in prone wearing full ghillie, he said he's been there for over 20 mins .. some random guy

I was in the middle of the ocean, he snuck on whilst I was on dry land I guess lol didn't even notice !!

So it must do something 

3 minutes ago, d1nk said:

A few months ago I was on a PvE server, kind of new doing my own thing on my boat , and saw this guy on my boat in prone wearing full ghillie, he said he's been there for over 20 mins .. some random guy

I was in the middle of the ocean, he snuck on whilst I was on dry land I guess lol didn't even notice !!

So it must do something 

wonder how long he's been stalking you...  maybe he still is :ph34r:

Honestly I've seem no benefit to stealth between players.  But dinos are affected, there are 5 pieces of the suit and I believe they do 10% reduction per piece up to 50% with a full suit..  The plants act like dinos and can't see you as well..   Humans CAN see you but the dinos will run past you if they whistle attack my target..  Though once you are passed by them they will then see you. .  I use ghillie and Fabricated sniper rifle quite often for swamp hunting..  I'm pve so no benefit for player stealth.. 

It doesn't appear to have any significant qualities PvP wise. I have been able to hide  fairly well while prone, but that's probably mostly due to me hiding in foliage under tree cover. I've pretty much always been seen while moving in the ghillie suit.

In my opinion, it should reduce the draw distance for players as long as you aren't moving. Since ground clutter is scalable, natural fieldcraft isn't possible.

Archived