Question about Breeding Mutations

SlowestBuffalo

Question about Breeding Mutations

Hello all, first post here and I couldn’t find a way to post to the PS4 Ark Breeding Forum so I figured I’d ask here. My question is simple: when breeding you ultimately want to get to one single male with perfect stats, no mutations and a plethora of females with perfect stats with no mutations and then mass breed for mutations. If one pops a male with a mutation, replace the breeding male. If one pops a female with a mutation, breed her with the 0 mutation breeding male until you get a male and then replace that guy with the breeding male. My questions is, say you get lucky and have two females each pop out a male with mutations. How do you consolidate both of those mutations onto a single male to continue breeding? 

2 minutes ago, Carhauler said:

You only breed mutations for one stat at a time.  If breeding for hp, only keep hp.  If breeding for melee, only keep melee.  Then combine the stats at the very end when you are satisfied with the results you have.

True if you only want one kind of mutation in the end, but if you for example in the end want mutations on for example Hp, stam, weight and melee I wonder if its faster to not include all mutations you get when you get them instead of one at a time, ofc counters will reach 20 fast and decrease mutation chance but mathematecly without really doing the maths right now it seems taking one mutation at a time takes more time in the long run? 

10 minutes ago, Carhauler said:

You only breed mutations for one stat at a time.  If breeding for hp, only keep hp.  If breeding for melee, only keep melee.  Then combine the stats at the very end when you are satisfied with the results you have.

How do you go about combining 6 sets of mutated stats into one Dino? 

6 minutes ago, Rogero said:

True if you only want one kind of mutation in the end, but if you for example in the end want mutations on for example Hp, stam, weight and melee I wonder if its faster to not include all mutations you get when you get them instead of one at a time, ofc counters will reach 20 fast and decrease mutation chance but mathematecly without really doing the maths right now it seems taking one mutation at a time takes more time in the long run? 

That’s what I thought, I thought you just breed and breed for random mutations. The counter doesn’t matter as long as it’s on one side. So my original question: two of your 60+ perfect stat breeding females pop out mutated males. How do you combine these males into one for breeding? 

10 minutes ago, SlowestBuffalo said:

That’s what I thought, I thought you just breed and breed for random mutations. The counter doesn’t matter as long as it’s on one side. So my original question: two of your 60+ perfect stat breeding females pop out mutated males. How do you combine these males into one for breeding? 

Once mutations are done. Then its just breeding for stats to combine them.

25 minutes ago, SlowestBuffalo said:

If we're talking about two different females getting mutations on the same stats... for instance, two HP stat mutations... You can't 'stack' two discrete mutations of the same stat # together. The reason being that any new babies will only ever inherit one stat or the other. They have to be 'strung' together in a series of mutations, one after the other on a line of male dinos being used as breeders. If they were mutations that gave different stat boost, you could work them both in. 

What you can do is start a second line if you wanted. For instance, move both females new mutations onto two different mutated males, then give a tribe mate the other mating pair to start their own line. 

There's a misconception that you can 'stack' mutations, but really, you can only 'string' concurrent same mutations. 

1 hour ago, Rogero said:

It is longer but easier to keep track of.  If you start with both male and females all with identical stats, say level 260.  Every mutation will go up 2 levels, so if you keep only one stat mutation at a time you know where the mutation went.  Say you get  melee mutation, now at level 262.  Next melee mutation you need to keep would be at level 264, knowing the mutation is in melee because it's the only stat that will change that you can see.  Every new melee mutation will go up 2 more levels each time you get one.

If you keep all mutations you can get one in a lower stat, which would be a waste because you already have a higher mutation stat.  Then comes the issue of where the mutation went every time you get one.  The more mutations you have the harder it would be to keep track of.  Ark smart breeder is a program i use on pc to keep track of stats.

Well agree its harder to keep track of all stats if keeping all mutations, but expressing me badly  ofc I mean all muts at the highest stat  and I got the impression that the question was if 2 females give for example melee mut and hp mut from same batch? Or maybe he meant stacking 2 melee muts wirh same numbers wich is impossible.

Archived