Interesting Raptor Behaviour

HoboNation

Unsure if it's intended or if it's just a random coincidence but it seem to have been pretty consistent up to this point. For me at least 

Whenever I see raptors in the wild, If I am just running by them they will aggro me and chase me down relentlessly until either I die or the raptor dies, pretty standard stuff and that is what I would expect. However every time I want to tame a raptor and I run at one with bola in hand they almost always run from me, before I even do anything to the raptor it will spot me and then turn around and run the opposite direction, almost as if it can see the bola and knows what I plan to do. Now I have tested this and it happens every time, if a raptor that I ran at with a bola is now running from me, and i put the bola away and give it a minute or so, the raptor turns around and will run at me again. Only then can I pull out my bola once more and do what I gotta do. 

So has anyone else noticed this behavior? is it just random that raptors sometimes run from you and it just so happens that it only seems to happen to me when I have a bola out and intend to tame one. It has just seemed too consistent at this point to be random but hey I could just be an anomaly and maybe most other players dont experience this so wanted to see what others had to say. 

Edit: And yes I usually have to put the bola away before it will stop running, Otherwise it will just keep running the closer I get. Once I chase one for a solid 5 minutes. 5 MINUTES, and this thing eventually ran off a cliff in it's desperation to get away, at certain points I was so close to the raptor that I could've piked it, yet still it wouldn't attack me or jump stun me despite being close enough to.

also gigas can do this and alpha mosa, i think its actually a bug,
they also all look over there shoulder if they run away from you which makes me believe they have a baby flee or passive flee bug.
they are doing this for at least a year, maybe longer and i remember that they didnt have this behaviour in legacy.

Archived