Why did I die as soon as I got to the island map

lzihl

If you jump or it does the jumping thing that sometimes the mana does when in not plain terrain just before a lag spike there are chances of it going high enough just to cross the top kill zone.

The only solution is just to avoid using managarmr in older maps.

Btw the managarmr is really broken in other aspects, just a moment ago I crashed right after ice shoot engaging a corrupted red:

Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:F:\build\Trunk\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers\Array.h] [Line: 572] 
Array index out of bounds: 0 from an array of size 0

And WC really you dont know how an user could feel when this happend while you have high tier cryo items on you (Giga 425 100% imprinted, wyvern 2,5k weight, mantis with 40 something points in dmg..) and you are in a hostile pve server that if someone finds your body before you can reconnect you will lose all that things at once...

19 minutes ago, arkark said:

and you are in a hostile pve server that if someone finds your body before you can reconnect you will lose all that things at once...

That's a problem ye... we are hunting thiefs on our servers, even if it's forbidden, now our server is friendly at 100%... if someone is caught stealing they know we will wipe their bases and dinos (PvE)

We need to be prevented from damages when we are offline with our chars, cuz when i'm crashing on the water or somewhere, when i log back i'm 98% of times dead -_-

9 hours ago, lzihl said:

I flew managam twice and died without any hint of a direct resurrection screen

On Island, SE, Aberration, The Center and Ragnarok is there is, as you know, an invisible barrier that prevents you from going too high. 

That's not the case on Extinction. If you take the Mana too high, you pass into an insta-kill zone, which kills you and the Mana.

For some reason, if on a non-Extinction map, you take the Mana too high, it is coded to think you are on Extinction and have passed into the kill-zone. But that zone doesn't exist on the other maps, so, basically the game gets confused and glitches, which results in the brief lag before the game just jumps to the respawn screen. The game ASSUMED you were supposed to die, so it just skipped your death and went straight to the respawn screen.

This may not work for all players, but the other day I was watching a Twich streamer on The Center map. He flew too high with his Mana, and like you, got the lag and death. He respawned and used the Fly command to soar back to where he was, but couldn't find his body or that of the Mana.

So he went into God mode and Ghosted past the invisible barrier. There he found his body and the Mana, which was still alive. He was able to collect his items, but couldn't get the Mana back through the barrier.

So, when you die riding the Mana at that height, the game places your corpse above the invisible barrier, where is the kill zone would be on Extinction.

Archived