Spawn Weight on the Island, is it adjustable?

graystorm01

Hi All,

Jut a quick question. I read somewhere (think it was reddit) where somebody did a test showing that the island was weighted towards spawning lower level dinos, as in more lvl 15s tend to spawn than on any other map (which of course makes sense since it is the "first" map. ) But, is there any way to equalize it?  I've gotten to the point where i'm getting ready to start breeding, and getting really tired of spending hours trying to find hi-level dinos only to end up seeing only lvl 5s, 10s, 20s, etc. I've made a few excursions to the center map to find certain hi level dinos, but would love it if i didn't have to since transferring is a real pain.

I already have the difficulty set to 1, and using the overrride setting to get level 150's to spawn, but i rarely see any even close to that.

Currently playing single player atm.

Thanks

16 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

There is a server plugin that works for this.

https://arkserverapi.com/resources/better-spawn-distribution.42/

Thank you. This worked.

At first i didn't think it was going to work since what i read was talking about servers, and not a single player game, but for others who might read this, this is what worked for me.

1. Download the zip file (i actually got it from github instead of creating a new account on serverapi)

2. Go to your ark game folder, usually steam/steamapps/common/Ark Survival Evolved.  Go to Engine/Plugins, and put the extracted folder there.

3. Start up ark, go into the console and type plugins.load  ArkModifiedSpawnLevelDistribution.dll

4. Then type DestroyWIldDinos and wait a few minutes for dinos to repopulate.. And enjoy your higher lvl dinos

I'm not sure if step 3 is actually necessary, but i did it anyways

This has actually added more challenge and danger to the game as now i have to be a bit more careful about the dinos i engage. Before, i wasn't worried about most dinos because my argy with 720% melee could handle most dinos in a couple of hits, but now, that yuty and his carno buddies might not be worth tangling with unless absolutely necessary. LOL, be careful what you wish for.

Thanks Again

Archived