PVE griefing issue?

WolfBrink

Short and simple. I have a base on extinction in the snow biome on the hill around 20lat 66long. I have my base, and the outer ring of the snow biome pillared with 1 pillar in about 6 sections to prevent people from building on the metal edge within render distance. Plus pillars under my base. I left server for a few days and came back to a giant box base underneath mine on the metal border.

He built literally in between 3 of my pillars and now wants me to remove them. They aren't even against his build zone, there's still green in between. He said he's going to report me but it's not interfering with where he's directly built, he just won't be able to expand much more than the 30x10x14 base he already has.

Kind of in a screwed up situation and idk how WC is gunna handle it. Don't wanna lose my stuff, and don't wanna have a giant base expand even closer to me. Feels like a catch 22.

1 hour ago, WolfBrink said:

Short and simple. I have a base on extinction in the snow biome on the hill around 20lat 66long. I have my base, and the outer ring of the snow biome pillared with 1 pillar in about 6 sections to prevent people from building on the metal edge within render distance. Plus pillars under my base. I left server for a few days and came back to a giant box base underneath mine on the metal border.

He built literally in between 3 of my pillars and now wants me to remove them. They aren't even against his build zone, there's still green in between. He said he's going to report me but it's not interfering with where he's directly built, he just won't be able to expand much more than the 30x10x14 base he already has.

Kind of in a screwed up situation and idk how WC is gunna handle it. Don't wanna lose my stuff, and don't wanna have a giant base expand even closer to me. Feels like a catch 22.

Unfortunately, this is the situation people often find themselves in.  PvE ARK promotes land-competition and being sausages to people on purpose to pull one over on them:  There really is no other explanation for it.  He wants your spot, so he is gonna keep the pressure on you until you leave.  If WildCard determines his actions are legal, then there isn't anything you can really do other than prepare for LagFest 2019 every time you log in.  The problem, I feel, for WildCard in the situation is establishing intent and a timeline.  On the programming/admin side, I don't know if a timeline can be verified past he said/she said statements (I was here first.  No I was!  Nooo, I was!  I REALLY WAS!).  Depending on the GM and the specific base setup, intent can be tough too.  Just hope that you get a no-nonsense GM that sees this is obviously a power-play to build you out of your spot.

It is very, very, very, VERY common for people to claim a bit of land around their bases to keep unscrupulous people who lack manners building right next to them.  It is also just as common that if there is a vulnerability near your base, especially if you are built in a good spot, that the same unscrupulous type of people will build as close as they can to your base, and ask you to remove pillars amidst a shower of "ill report you" threats.

Do not remove anything for this person, regardless of what they ask/threaten.  Playing on a server earlier than someone else is not a crime, and in the situation that is all you are guilty of.  Remember that.

9 hours ago, TheDonn said:

Unfortunately, this is the situation people often find themselves in.  PvE ARK promotes land-competition and being sausages to people on purpose to pull one over on them:  There really is no other explanation for it.  He wants your spot, so he is gonna keep the pressure on you until you leave.  If WildCard determines his actions are legal, then there isn't anything you can really do other than prepare for LagFest 2019 every time you log in.  The problem, I feel, for WildCard in the situation is establishing intent and a timeline.  On the programming/admin side, I don't know if a timeline can be verified past he said/she said statements (I was here first.  No I was!  Nooo, I was!  I REALLY WAS!).  Depending on the GM and the specific base setup, intent can be tough too.  Just hope that you get a no-nonsense GM that sees this is obviously a power-play to build you out of your spot.

It is very, very, very, VERY common for people to claim a bit of land around their bases to keep unscrupulous people who lack manners building right next to them.  It is also just as common that if there is a vulnerability near your base, especially if you are built in a good spot, that the same unscrupulous type of people will build as close as they can to your base, and ask you to remove pillars amidst a shower of "ill report you" threats.

Do not remove anything for this person, regardless of what they ask/threaten.  Playing on a server earlier than someone else is not a crime, and in the situation that is all you are guilty of.  Remember that.

Man it really really sucks. I built an elaborate modern looking home, glass windows, built in hatchery, and very detailed. Everyone on the server loves my base.

Then this guy shows up and builds a box as tall as a behe gate, 10 behes long and and 4 behes wide then wants me to move and delete my stuff? I've been on the server from day one. They also so not speak English, I'm prettier sure it's a German tribe so conversing isn't even happening on a proper scale.

I hope the GM that arrives sees the situation and doesn't act hastily and punish either of us, but give a warning to either them or me. Whatever the outcome is.

i assume your official not legacy as you refer to support. as its extinction . if your not orp he could just kite a corrupt giga or wyvern to destroy pillars or your build , and visa versa although now with open servers . corrupted wont last long against bred giga . what im trying to say is , be prepared . tbh that's why pve players spam pillars to prevent exactly this and sorry to say . you didn't do a very good job . I hate spam but for this alone to protect lag . build limits  . arguments . I have to. our base is protected also as I said with orp defences on pve lol . so if anyone kites , they cant break through . time in once a week with 2nd account .  just let things settle. don't converse in global or pm and just try to ignore them . a language barrier can always  result in hostility also when people misinterpret intension . they clearly have a big build and maybe they are trolling but if they can place a structure , who are you to tell them or prevent them otherwise ? being first is no claim to anything . if they have broken t and c then fine like they placed in your base or blocked access. a gm will be able to determine this but otherwise make sure your protected and just be respectful.

I get how you feel, my tribe mates and I were waiting about 30 min before the spawn timer for the desert to reset. A box tribe then gets upset we spawned it first saying that they wanted it first so they had the right to it. We summoned it anyway and began to fight, throughout the entire fight they tried to freeze us off our quetz or draw more aggro and even threatened to "rob" our loot when we killed it. We only stopped them because a few other tribes in the area and ourselves threatened to report with video and screenshots of what they were doing. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2019 at 2:20 AM, WolfBrink said:

For conservative play; there is no harm in defending the frame-rates of your home-territory by disallowing encroachers the opportunity to build within a parameter of your base. You play in/out of there on a daily bases. Structures do contribute to FPS sags and spikes just as much as tames do. If you don't want another 'ALPHA BASE' near your 'ALPHA BASE" then I can't blame you. Your experience; not theirs. 

Archived