PvE Griefing? Reaper Queens

Creable

2 hours ago, arkark said:

Tame a low level bulbdog you dont care getting it killed. 

Drop it near the queen reapers, ensuring they are agroing him.

Get on your mount and go to a safe place where you can render in-out the trap.

Eventually the queens will get freed out of the trap (and will eat your bulbdog)

He might be keeping it rendered though.

Also, i want to ask.how does he even know if those reaper queens are event colored? Their color region arent visible by itself.

1 minute ago, Vaculity said:

Also, i want to ask.how does he even know if those reaper queens are event colored? Their color region arent visible by itself.

Well, its not easy to just keep them rendered while afk in red zone (if it is in red zone), because clothes decay with radiation.

And regarding the colors, I think the colors of the babies arent the same as the mother, but every baby from a queen will have the same color combination.

1 hour ago, arkark said:

Well, its not easy to just keep them rendered while afk in red zone (if it is in red zone), because clothes decay with radiation.

And regarding the colors, I think the colors of the babies arent the same as the mother, but every baby from a queen will have the same color combination.

True, but he could be swimming in plastic fabrics and just sit around foe days, or had a tek foecefield at minimum enough with a lot of elements.

the issue with reaper queen is mostly due to the fact they technically have no visible color region, but thr color is stored in the region. While its true thry give mostly identical color (due to wc coding even though reaper king can spawn in other colors), during events with unnatural coloe potentially spawning, its a complete hit and miss.

On 3 January 2019 at 7:48 PM, Vaculity said:

Arkark basically answered it, the reaper queen itself displays no different colours, however by getting pregnant and having the baby actually come out, you will know whether that queen has the Christmas event colours or not.

On 3 January 2019 at 7:56 PM, arkark said:

Little less known fact, but teleporters can teleport wild dinos too, using this info you can risk yourself and teleport the reaper queen into an enclosed trap at their base outside of the radiation zone.

Just now, Pellao said:

Little less known fact, but teleporters can teleport wild dinos too, using this info you can risk yourself and teleport the reaper queen into an enclosed trap at their base outside of the radiation zone.

I never tried, but I read in a global chat in the context of a discussion about public teleports that reaper queens burrows right after being teleported outside their spawn zone.

3 minutes ago, arkark said:

I never tried, but I read in a global chat in the context of a discussion about public teleports that reaper queens burrows right after being teleported outside their spawn zone.

With trader tribes we do it with the teleporters, too much of a nuisance to lure it out of the red zone into the green zone, completely possible but that would take ages, and since our hunts venture deep within (not the east side where queens spawn quite close to blue zone) we just teleport them, we've encountered it rarely where the reaper queen burrows on teleporters that are too close to the ground, our teleporters usually sit fairly high up from the ground on top of pens etc.

On 1/3/2019 at 3:56 AM, arkark said:

Tek sleeping pods keep you alive vs radiation indefinitely. On our server we held a queen in a trap for a while to get everyone pregnant from it, we had someone sleeping right by it, afk.

On 1/4/2019 at 11:53 PM, Pellao said:

Arkark basically answered it, the reaper queen itself displays no different colours, however by getting pregnant and having the baby actually come out, you will know whether that queen has the Christmas event colours or not.

Hence why i said trying to get thr desired color is acomplete hit or miss.

Archived