orbital draops and element veins

Kodking194

On 12/9/2018 at 7:37 PM, Vaculity said:

a lot of my tribemate choose to differ. And same goes for all the tribe that are constantly cloning giga. Meks cannot level, giga can. Mek can move high, giga cannot. Giga does more damage than mek. Giga don't need osd hunt for bp, mek does.  And people would rather waste their time raising giga for a week or so with cryopod than hunting red or purple drops for decent  blueprint  only to return in disappointment.  Not to mention the amount of element mek has to go through per drop run where giga don't have to worry about. 

At the end of the day.  Bred giga still beat mek regardless of its module attached. Unfortunately.  I'd you like to try to convince them if you think what I said is wrong. 

I think you may have misunderstood what he was saying.  Bred gigas are absolutely better than meks.  Wazz was saying that tamed (not bred) gigas aren't worth taking to drops.  There's a pretty massive difference between bred and tamed gigas.  It's also a bit more than "a week or so" to raise a giga on cryo.  Even without cryopodding the baby, you're looking at 2 weeks to raise that thing on official rates.  If you're cryopodding it to devote 8 hours per day, you're still looking at a month and a half to raise that thing.

We ran a red drop last night with three 185 melee hatch gigas, four velos, two mana and an owl. No problems really other than the enraged trikes. But freezing them works just fine and then the gigas killed them easily. 

Loot was mediocre and really disappointing, though. Some premade armor, couple trash BP’s and the highlight being 62 metal foundations. 

6 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

I think you may have misunderstood what he was saying.  Bred gigas are absolutely better than meks.  Wazz was saying that tamed (not bred) gigas aren't worth taking to drops.  There's a pretty massive difference between bred and tamed gigas.  It's also a bit more than "a week or so" to raise a giga on cryo.  Even without cryopodding the baby, you're looking at 2 weeks to raise that thing on official rates.  If you're cryopodding it to devote 8 hours per day, you're still looking at a month and a half to raise that thing.

I was referring between Giga and Mek in general and how Bred Giga still dominates Mek. I am already aware Bred Giga are way better than tamed ones.
plus
"Not to mention, they are fast and agile enough to escape if it goes wrong. Gigas are screwed if they get piled up on."

Putting it this way, while mek are weaker than Bred Giga, they can still escape if things goes horribly south. Giga on the other hand can chomp all they want, bred or tamed, but theres a fine line where they will have to run (Corrupts deals more damage than when they can be healed with raw meat), but couldn't if there are corrupted dinos around it and just keeps piling up onto, with no location where Snow Owls can land to heal since they get chomped to death too easily before they can even fly out after snowbombing.

16 hours ago, Vaculity said:

I was referring between Giga and Mek in general and how Bred Giga still dominates Mek. I am already aware Bred Giga are way better than tamed ones.
plus
"Not to mention, they are fast and agile enough to escape if it goes wrong. Gigas are screwed if they get piled up on."

Putting it this way, while mek are weaker than Bred Giga, they can still escape if things goes horribly south. Giga on the other hand can chomp all they want, bred or tamed, but theres a fine line where they will have to run (Corrupts deals more damage than when they can be healed with raw meat), but couldn't if there are corrupted dinos around it and just keeps piling up onto, with no location where Snow Owls can land to heal since they get chomped to death too easily before they can even fly out after snowbombing.

With the owls, you can do a pretty substantial amount of healing if you have an owl on standby ready to come in during the last few mobs each wave. 

Archived