Just to put in perspective... NEW DLC

Guest chancho33015

Guest chancho33015

Been a few weeks now of this new DLC and let me tell you it is a great map...but that is about it. I want to put this into perspective.... here are all the patches and perhaps some side notes for each. In other words my thought.

Current ARK Official Server Network Servers Version: v286.104

Patches, when they occur, are conducted Tuesdays at 10 am PST unless otherwise stated.

Current Version: 286.104

- Disabled element veins due to base destruction issues, will be re-enabled at a later time

Main feature off due to failure to test before launch.

Aberration
- Enabled transfer of all Extinction Expansion Pack dinos to Aberration (except Snow Owl)

This makes no sense... why not the owl? one good reason! there is none. very similar to the decision of why aren't thylas allowed in bosses.

Gacha
- Fix for Gacha's sad effects not playing properly

clearly the game wasn't tested enough. this is a basic feature of only 5 or 4 new dinos on this map.
- Fixed bug where taming didn't decay over time
- Fixed bug where taming didn't reset when a different player/tribe started taming
- Fixed bug where taming was always at 100% effectiveness

is there even one good reason they didn't dotame a dino on testing? Seriously!
- Set Gacha to have a lower chance of dropping an item when wild

This is extinction...you would expect better drops than on other maps...but you would be wrong. Also, yellow drops are not any better than blue. is completely random. 
- Adjusted Gacha loot to skew towards lower quality rolls being more common

Understandable...
- Increased Gacha affinity gained per level to match other dinos of similar size
- Reduced the max quality of generated items to a more appropriate amount
- Adjusted how much food Snow Owl pellets give
- Fixed issue with disappearing saddle

Gasbags
- Made Gasbags like their favorite taming food again

I am guessing they didn't tamed all dinos with kibble on testing stages...this is inexcusable.  

Cryopod
- Fix for XP exploit

I can understand this.
- Disabled ability to cryo rafts and motorrafts

They literally said on their live stream this was already fixed....apparently not lol
- Disabled ability to cryo Cryosick dinos
- Cryo sick dinos take 10x damage 

If the dino is already unconscious why should they add 10x more damage? this is DUMB

Orbital Supply Drop

Element Vains currently off... MAIN FEATURE of 4 new FEATURES OFF...explain that to me... FIXED
- Enabled Element Veins
- Fixed issue with certain OSD mode networks
- Fixed issue where crate could respawn in the same location after crate landed

Velonasaur
- Fixed issue with spines floating after a dino mesh is harvested too quickly.
- Fixed stamina issues with Velonasaur getting in a state where it was stuck charging stamina without doing an ability.

Velonosaur wastes stamina a lot...and still to this day (11/16/2018) some of them are stuck loosing stamina. (not completely fixed).
- Fix for Velonasaur being able to ground boss flyers

Dino Leash
- Added smaller radius for breeding

Mek

MEks ARE off at the moment. Another main feature off...(kinna fixed) 
- Fix for Mega Mek regaining health
- Set Mek pistol to be unable to damage metal or tek 
- Increased damaged to Mek when in siege mode
- Disabled shield retracting when Mek is still flying upward 
- Fixed issue with Mek shields preventing the buffs/debuffs from applying
- Prevented shield from deploying within range of enemy turrets
- Mek siege cannon and missile pod projectiles move slower and can now be properly targetable by turrets
- Adjusted Mek charge-up for siege to be quicker
- Adjusted Mek drag weight to match their size
- Auto-colorize Mek backpacks with the Mek's colors

Snow Owl

Snow owls can freeze on pve Other players to ruin tames or troll...
- Fix bug that caused players to go into a weird state after being affected by its ice bomb
- Snow Owl encapsulate healing amount is now based on the Owl's base health instead of the healed dino's base health
- Set Owls to not 'poop' so frequently so they are a more rare resource

Managarmr

Managarmr glitch float, glitch on behemoth gates, and glitch on rocks...
- Now requires half second pass before allowing another forward dash after jumping.
- Adjusted ice breath to not be usable directly behind you on the ground. 
- Fixed Managarmr laying carno eggs
- Fixed issue with damage calculation
- Fixed issue with FOV calculating incorrectly when user has a non-default FOV setting. 

Enforcer
- Hid blank buff that appeared when blinking with an Enforcer
- Enabled Scouts and Enforcers to be crafted in the city terminals

Scout

AM i the only one who thinks this scout shouldn't waste element dust? also, the range is lame even for an ASc...
- Scouts no longer drop eggs
- Enabled Scouts and Enforcers to be crafted in the city terminals

Titans

Titans are glitch. boss music stuck for ever as titan tamed Roams around in the map.

Forest titan corrupted zones to shoot are glitchy...very hard to hit. I mean, it looks like you are hitting it but no...you do more damage to tame.

Also, areas where titans spawn shouldnt be buildable...or there should be a clear warning to not build there....
- Desert Titan node health fix
- Titan beta/gamma health fix
- Improved Desert Titan basing
- Transmitter UI no longer shows Titan is downloadable during two hour download limit

Translation
- Chinese strings added

Difficulty

This is a LIEEEEEEEEE (Seen better spawns since updated yesterday)

most dinos spawns are level 5, 10, 15...it is rare to see a 150...or Tek 180.
- Set max Override Difficulty to 5

Extinction Map
- Disabled meteor event for now due to meteors causing damage in unintended areas

Another main feature off....this is terrible! (seems like the animation was left) no ingame effect anymore.
- Fixed ice cave water spawner overspawning, added cave water spawner with hostile dinos
- Updated spawn volumes to fix Beaverpocalypse
- Updated Wasteland cavern water spawner volumes
- Fixed sound radius for street lights, no longer can be heard by everyone in the area
- Fixed various map holes
- Converted all of the water ppvol DoF to use Gaussian settings matching those on the Island
- Map streaming fixes
- Water plane fixes
- Fixed some floating resources
- Fixed teleporting between domes breaking their effects
- Dome streaming fixes
- Updated drag weight values for dinos that did not have it set so they're not all pick-u

This is a bit of a shame...the map design is very well done...but everything else...just leaves you in awe of how bad is working.

Out of about 5 main new features...3 are OFF...

I can understand how server population is falling every day on official servers... is annoying, makes the game not enjoyable, and worst of all...just proves that Wildcard keeps being wildCard. 

I hope for the sake of this great game...because one thing is true that this game is so great that even with the terrible job they do the game is still successful just because the core idea is amazing... it is starting to catch up with WildCard that bad DLC delivery is starting to hurt them.

population was 70/70 on most official extinction...now is down to about 40/70. 

Revised 11/17/2018

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, chancho33015 said:

Aberration
- Enabled transfer of all Extinction Expansion Pack dinos to Aberration (except Snow Owl)

This makes no sense... why not the owl? one good reason! there is none. very similar to the decision of why aren't thylas allowed in bosses.

One good reason = no flyers are meant to be on Aberration.

7 minutes ago, chancho33015 said:

This is extinction...you would expect better drops than on other maps...but you would be wrong. Also, yellow drops are not any better than blue. is completely random.

Why would you expect better drops than on other maps? What does Extinction have to do with that?

12 minutes ago, chancho33015 said:

This is a LIEEEEEEEEE

most dinos spawns are level 5, 10, 15...it is rare to see a 150...or Tek 180.
- Set max Override Difficulty to 5

How is that a lie? If difficulty is set to 5.0 then you should expect to levels of 5 multiples from 5 to 150. Just because you see more 5, 10 and 15's regularly doesn't mean the 5.0 setting is a lie. I mean come on use the term correctly.

The rest I didn't bother responding to because either I don't have a differing opinion from what you said, or you are just pointing out things like main features disabled explain why. I mean we all know why meteors and element veins are disabled. So really what you are asking is why it wasn't caught in testing stages. Well it's a fair question, but you are asking questions you know won't be answered anyway, so really not much point in asking them.

Also you say most population was 70/70 now it's down to 40/70, well it is the working week, what do you expect? Last week was busy because it had just been released, last weekend ARK broke its all time peak of players and hit 106,170, now we are heading into another weekend. I wouldn't say the population is dropping based on figures during the working week. At least give it time to see how it looks over a few weeks.

-Owl is a flyer. Are there any flyers in Aberration? 

-Thylas can climb walls, that's why.

-Imagine you throw 100 high armor steggos/trike in front of turret. They sleep, but they basically insta lock all the turrets. That's why x10

-Snow owl freeze actually helps taming as it will heal it without removing torpor and making it consume food when awake. 

-Difficulty is for server settings for private and solo. The fact that the dino level is multiple of 5 proves that's not a lie. 

Tsk tsk tsk. 

Guest chancho33015
21 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

There's lots 150 dino on map just need look :) little. Closer bro  I been rocking like crazy have breeding pairs velon 150 tames Soo nice

my friend, been playing since day 1 in extinction. till update yesterday tames were very low... but it seems like they did something bout it. so win for all of us ? 

Guest chancho33015
21 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

-Owl is a flyer. Are there any flyers in Aberration? 

-Thylas can climb walls, that's why.

-Imagine you throw 100 high armor steggos/trike in front of turret. They sleep, but they basically insta lock all the turrets. That's why x10

-Snow owl freeze actually helps taming as it will heal it without removing torpor and making it consume food when awake. 

-Difficulty is for server settings for private and solo. The fact that the dino level is multiple of 5 proves that's not a lie. 

Tsk tsk tsk. 

so you are telling me that jus tbecause a thyla "climbs" that is a good enough reason to not let it go on boss? i mean, rexes are now 700 base melee or more and freaking 20k+ hp...  point is...that is a not good enough reason to not let a dino go on boss. 

Guest chancho33015
22 hours ago, GP said:

One good reason = no flyers are meant to be on Aberration.

Why would you expect better drops than on other maps? What does Extinction have to do with that?

How is that a lie? If difficulty is set to 5.0 then you should expect to levels of 5 multiples from 5 to 150. Just because you see more 5, 10 and 15's regularly doesn't mean the 5.0 setting is a lie. I mean come on use the term correctly.

The rest I didn't bother responding to because either I don't have a differing opinion from what you said, or you are just pointing out things like main features disabled explain why. I mean we all know why meteors and element veins are disabled. So really what you are asking is why it wasn't caught in testing stages. Well it's a fair question, but you are asking questions you know won't be answered anyway, so really not much point in asking them.

Also you say most population was 70/70 now it's down to 40/70, well it is the working week, what do you expect? Last week was busy because it had just been released, last weekend ARK broke its all time peak of players and hit 106,170, now we are heading into another weekend. I wouldn't say the population is dropping based on figures during the working week. At least give it time to see how it looks over a few weeks.

WEll, why expect better drops on Extinction... every great game is build on progress... which means to bring a higher tier or add new improve items. I can say that most ark players agree that Extinction should be the hardest map...but that should also mean that drops should be better in order for people to keep making progress gamewise. HAve you played this game in official? I am guessing not much...i understand most youtubers have everything set easier (faster tame, faster breeding, and more xp) so they cant see this argument properly. HOwever, things like this [proper balance] needs to be in par with the map. I suggest you try a red drop on official...alone and see how that goes. Or even better, try the purple one with an entire server XD maybe you will understand then ? 
And yes, population droped after a week of Extinction on official...that is far faster than Ragnarok, Scorched earth, and Center. So that argument is valid. Specially, because on release bout 3 of the main features were turned off due to problems. so....yah

Guest chancho33015
22 hours ago, taternuggets said:

Feel better?

Feeling better, update fixed some stuff...not all but...slowly we will get DLC fixed! AS long as there is some dummy like me that keeps writing all the issues and nagging about it lmao

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, chancho33015 said:

so you are telling me that jus tbecause a thyla "climbs" that is a good enough reason to not let it go on boss? i mean, rexes are now 700 base melee or more and freaking 20k+ hp...  point is...that is a not good enough reason to not let a dino go on boss. 

Yes it is a good enough reason. The only arena, out of Brood, Monkey and Dragon that Thyla should be allowed on is Dragon. Bot Monkey and Brood have cliffs and so you could easily have people up high on cliffs out of reach of the boss and minions. if you can't see that as a good enough reason then you need to rethink what boss are all about.

Guest chancho33015

Meteor shower kills dinos under structures..still broken. Killed one dino of mine one hit the one next to it under a the same...Rock for protection had 0 damage...oh well...

Also, titans are still causing glitches. Sometimes when summon drops stop happening...boss music constant...and...yah...glitchy!

Archived