I am part of the Admin Tribe of an unofficial PvP PC server (I play on Xbox One).

We do not raid, we mainly just build cool stuff and observe the chaos around us. The server message states that admin should not be attacked under any circumstances (as we are peaceful - and of course, have God-like powers, so what would be the point?) and we have recently built some communal settlements for anyone to use and enjoy.

THE QUESTION is: What would the people of Ark would want in their game? What would be useful as a communal place? Here's what we've come up with so far...

In one desert settlement, we have built:

A fighting arena big enough for for a couple of gigas to battle, including tiered seating, a snack bar and coloured light displays during the action.

An inn, "Ye Olde Pube", with a bar serving beer and water downstairs and guest rooms upstairs.

A market where people can shed any unwanted resources and pick up someone else's through a swap/sell system.

A Mall including a pet shop, weapons store, camping store and garden store, as well as a bulk buy area where you can order goods en masse (goods that aren't stored on the premises to avoid raids)

A restaurant with fully functioning kitchen and upstairs seating with views over the settlement and out to the desert.

Now inevitably, half the pub and some of the mall have already been blown up. We have shields and tek gates in parts that need more security, but most of it is stone and wood because we find its more aesthetically pleasing for our building style. We know its PvP and people are always going to blow your stuff up, but do you have any suggestions for how to try and dissuade people from doing that? We ban those who attack admin but we don't want to have to do that.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Old Gregg

Guest DJRone89
7 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

I think there is a mod that makes some structures indestructible that was made with what you want to do in mind. Forgot the name though... Sorry. 

No mods on console buddy

• 7 months later...
On 8/21/2018 at 6:48 PM, invincibleqc said:

Yes, but also said:

So it is safe to assume he is playing on Xbox version hosted on PC. ?

Correct, I'm playing on Xbox One on a PC hosted server.

I've now built a village that includes:

pub

roadhouse

brewery

pet store

Art supplies store

Gun store

Camping store

Cinema

Clothing store

Public smith workshop

Bank

Jail

Shipyard

Lighthouse

Information centre

Public toilets

Maritime museum

the town is called Old Gregton, situated in the far Northeast corner of Ragnarok on the EU unofficial pc server "Loveark" -Come check it out!

On 8/20/2018 at 7:32 AM, Aylana314159 said:

Maybe more signage in-game.

I second this. 
OR
You could advertise your server on the CORRECT SECTION of the ark forums and whitelist it, creating more effort for players to join your server, dissuading would-be trolls who just prowl the server listings in search of their next victim.

Archived