Dimetrodon Egg Laying

Guest DJRone89

Guest DJRone89

Do Dimetrodons 100% only lay eggs when they are deep enough in water to poop?

My kibble farm is at my main base however my water pen is a trek away so as you can imagine, I have hardly any of their eggs in comparison to the rest.

Now, when I tamed them, they were apart of my farm at the main base but never produced any eggs, that’s why I made the water pen in the first place.

*Please note* Asking my tribe members (all 2 of them) is not an option.

• Volunteer Moderator

They will lay more often if they are submerged, but they will also lay some times when on land. The only thing is that when they are not floating, they are laying eggs inside their body and the only way for you to see them is to K mode and you need to move them to pick the eggs. However, if you park them on a ceiling, and demo that ceiling, they will float in the air and the eggs will fall on the ground for you to pikcup. ?

Spoiler

031402D37D9941C71E421F55CDB2BB250591406E

I usually find the egg floats up into the sail, never had a problem getting them when they're in water, only problem the OP will have is the render range thing, I like to keep all my kibble dinos together so I can at least do stuff in my base while they're all rendered and producing eggs.

If you're playing PvE and there's another tribe you can trust who are next to water then I'd try and sort something out with them to leave the dimetrodons there, obviously it needs to be a decent tribe as they're going to be collecting the eggs, I've done something similar where another tribe who were based inland gave me quetz kibble so I could set up the dimetrodon kibble farm then they took what they needed for imprinting and I was left with the rest, worked well but we got on well for a long time before that and had done a lot of stuff for each other, only other thing you can do that doesn't involve upping sticks permanently to be next to water is tame as many females as you can, ovi boost them and spend a day or two just camping at your water pen to build up your stocks then you can forget about them for a while, especially if you only need the kibble for imprinting as 20 eggs may last you ages depending on the rng.

Place them on a ramp, with a large crop plot half way in the ramp (under dimo butt) and the eggs should roll down ramp. Crop plots make eggs float! If you must have em on land

I dont think theres a specific mechanic in place that they lay more in water, just as qinvincible said.. they can actually be reached in water

Edit: just saw @invincibleqc 's screen, genious! Try that.

Archived