Respawning on a bed during a raid....

mikem29172

I am unsure if there is a way to disable the little cinematic thing during a bed respawn, where your character yawns and stands before being playable. Normally it wouldn't be an issue but in one case it happened while I was being raided and was repeatedly killed before I could control my character. I am not one for complaining about raiding or being killed on a pvp server, however when you lose to raiders due to the few seconds they have to attack before you can retaliate after respawning is ridiculous.

lets be honest, they were already inside which means you lost. even if you were invulnerable during the yawn, you'd still be 1 shot after that animation, considering you're butt naked. beds don't have much hp so those would have gone too. your actual lesson in this case should have been to have several closed bedrooms, including a few hidden sleeping bags around your property.

6 hours ago, eESTlane said:

lets be honest, they were already inside which means you lost. even if you were invulnerable during the yawn, you'd still be 1 shot after that animation, considering you're butt naked. beds don't have much hp so those would have gone too. your actual lesson in this case should have been to have several closed bedrooms, including a few hidden sleeping bags around your property.

Even that instant is a precious few seconds that could mean the difference between life and death - at least the life and death of your tames being attacked as well. I'd gotten to my Argy and got the threat off of him with only 5hp to spare. Poor thing looked like a torn up paper plane mixed with chewed up bendy straws. That little bootleg animation almost cost me a really good bird, so I completely understand OP's point. That animation should be turned off if you're spawning in on a bed or if it isn't your first character's first time spawning into life.

Archived