MAJOR GAMEBREAKING ISSUE: ("123" && Small Tribe Server)

Shaanig

Please do read and share your thoughts about this, this is a huge problem.

THE FEAR OF "123" ?

Another day on ark official small tribe server just the usual stuff until some guy comes and kill our stuff, that is fine but this "123" steam profile name the guy had is bothering me and it seems these guys can break any rules and be toxic as they want, because there are more then 6 players when I checked from shift+tab with the name of "123" most of them profile set to private. They have no fear of getting reported/banned or any consequences. As for my second problem is something that can't be fixed but worth mentioning here with proof. Below is the story .. . . .. . .

My friend's friend tribe got raided by a alpha (mega)tribe, if that make sense. This is how it usually goes but this alpha some of there names are weird. They have a white icon which I have no idea how do they do that . Look at this, (  these images aren't edited )

1. https://imgur.com/a/ELH9oIc

2. https://imgur.com/a/zoiap6W

3. https://imgur.com/a/MsnzKvy

P.S: those brackets are Russian language, I see other languages written in chat as brackets

In conclusion,

Alphas are "Meow Gangs", the guy who killed my stuff is "MR BIG". Look at there names the alphas, never saw any name like that before, I have been playing ark for quite some time now, and look at the "123" 's chat, So toxic. "123" problem can be fixed if you can click and open steam profile in the chat bar while in the chatting UI.

Spoiler

Thank you for taking your time reading this.

Spoiler

and this too ?

Spoiler

Seriously I know I'm going to get raided tommorow 100%, very sad ;(

I am also 123, do u know why people keep their steam name 123? To hide their status from others Like if I am Mike and I use Global chat then people know Mike belong to XYZ tribe. When people came online Game show their steam name not char name so other people easily know mike from XYZ Tribe is online now. If someone is after you and ur tribe, they easily know how many members from ur tribes are online, battlemetric site easily send all of ur info to others.

123, </>, Bob, Lost... These are common names in ARK, You can also adopt 123 name to hide urself from people.

Naming is not ARK problem, its Steam problem, Steam allow people to keep same name for multiple account. 

Box [] icon:  When people see [] they assume all boxes text  belong to Chinese [some say hackers], but ARK is available in 21 language too, anything other than English  will show u []. So people should break this [] box concept. These box can be French, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Russian, chinese and any of non English word. for Test just open google translate and paste anything other than English in ur chat, it show box.

The white box: The white box with name is missing pic icon from steam profile. Some people use pic link with their steam name, but ARK don't recognise those link so in game it appear as white box [Missing link]. Now people use this feature to scare people.

Nothing is game breaking, everything is allowed by Steam, these chats are common in ark. 

6 hours ago, Shaanig said:

Please do read and share your thoughts about this, this is a huge problem.

THE FEAR OF "123" ?

Another day on ark official small tribe server just the usual stuff until some guy comes and kill our stuff, that is fine but this "123" steam profile name the guy had is bothering me and it seems these guys can break any rules and be toxic as they want, because there are more then 6 players when I checked from shift+tab with the name of "123" most of them profile set to private. They have no fear of getting reported/banned or any consequences. As for my second problem is something that can't be fixed but worth mentioning here with proof. Below is the story .. . . .. . .

My friend's friend tribe got raided by a alpha (mega)tribe, if that make sense. This is how it usually goes but this alpha some of there names are weird. They have a white icon which I have no idea how do they do that . Look at this, (  these images aren't edited )

1. https://imgur.com/a/ELH9oIc

2. https://imgur.com/a/zoiap6W

3. https://imgur.com/a/MsnzKvy

P.S: those brackets are Russian language, I see other languages written in chat as brackets

In conclusion,

Alphas are "Meow Gangs", the guy who killed my stuff is "MR BIG". Look at there names the alphas, never saw any name like that before, I have been playing ark for quite some time now, and look at the "123" 's chat, So toxic. "123" problem can be fixed if you can click and open steam profile in the chat bar while in the chatting UI.

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you for taking your time reading this.

Reveal hidden contents

and this too ?

Reveal hidden contents

Seriously I know I'm going to get raided tommorow 100%, very sad ;(

meaow gang are sad and sick people from sts island 12, but they dont breach rules with those names. even its hurting eyes to see that in chat

@Meth_is_Deth

you missed my whole point, you didn't get the down side.

@GEonWAR

thanks for taking your time,

I thought this was my solution also marked the topic as solved but just realized that you can't see the tribe and there is a player list with the names of '123' in a list, and I can't click his profile so how am I gonna find the 123 guy who I want to report ? this is actually whats bothering me. I can just go with the name of '123' and just go break the rules or hack. Even if he goes to this site. It doesn't show profile or tribe, and there is a list of "123", how his he going to find me? and ofc I know you do this to hide and its good way including my tribe mate does this, however there is a down side to it. You can't report in anyway that guy even with proof. Because there is a list of '123' and can't find the correct one even in shift+tab even with the site u gaved me. I'm not trying to report anyone right now but this was my whole point + thanks for introducing me to this site, how come I never heard of it xd, have been playing ark for a quite time.

@Paroxyde,

thank you for not reading and rubbing it in mate, although u shared your thoughts so no offense taken. xd

@OttoGrunf

First day is a hunger games trophy to alpha in ark, another day is the alphas to enjoy , btw you gotta click the pic to get the full resolution but yea it's still kinda bad xd

Spoiler

P.S: seriously it sucks got 4 computer for my bros, gotta fill em all with high graphic cards, currently got 2 filled ?

• Volunteer Moderator

If you wish to report what you think is a bug/unintended feature, please use the Bug Report form so it can be investigated and eventually fixed.

14 hours ago, Shaanig said:

You could install the Global Font package that includes all the available fonts into the same culture which will correctly decode and display all the unicodes characters. Very useful to distinguish tribes and players.

9 hours ago, GEonWAR said:

The white box: The white box with name is missing pic icon from steam profile. Some people use pic link with their steam name, but ARK don't recognise those link so in game it appear as white box [Missing link]. Now people use this feature to scare people.

Except that the white box is actually the name of the character in that screenshot, and not the steam name; being the one between parentheses.

Archived