Impregnated by same reaper question

Revan25

So I have 140 reaper baby waiting to pop, and my tribe mate who got pregnant by the same one popped hers, and it’s not my favorite color ever haha. We recently changed our trap to where we could do this, and we have seen reapers pop that come out with the same color but different stats. To me, reason should say if they can come out with different stats they should be able to come out with different colors. 

Anyone have experience with this?

10 hours ago, Revan25 said:

We used stone foundations to prevent them from going under. 

Lmao. You find a decent exploit that might get fixed at some point.
Its like Drake and Wyvern. The baby you get comes from how their parent looks like. For Reaper's case, the color regions for the babies they impregnate on you is harcoded differently on each and every Reaper Queen, despite having no color regions of their own. (And I honestly hate it, because as of now, the colors are very limited only to midsection region unless its a color event.)

On 3/24/2018 at 7:54 PM, Vaculity said:

Its like Drake and Wyvern. The baby you get comes from how their parent looks like. For Reaper's case, the color regions for the babies they impregnate on you is harcoded differently on each and every Reaper Queen, despite having no color regions of their own. (And I honestly hate it, because as of now, the colors are very limited only to midsection region unless its a color event.)

Yeah I popped my reaper this weekend and it came out the same as my tribe mates, thinking about just painting it lol. There is some variation in stats, though I’ve yet to see any extreme differences. I really wish they would add more colors to the reapers, and that you could see them on the queens. I’m dying to get a purple reaper and I know they are out there my tribe has just yet to get one.

On 3/24/2018 at 6:54 PM, Vaculity said:

Not quite.  In my early testing, I used one reaper queen to impregnate 4 times and got 4 different colors.  There seem to be more common variants than others, though, so it's not unheard of for 2 to be identical even from 2 different queens.

6 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Not quite.  In my early testing, I used one reaper queen to impregnate 4 times and got 4 different colors.  There seem to be more common variants than others, though, so it's not unheard of for 2 to be identical even from 2 different queens.

I guess I was wrong, but then again, nobody has gotten anything else out of event other than the 5 (yes, 5.) mid section color from Reaper King.

On 3/26/2018 at 7:38 AM, Vaculity said:

I guess I was wrong, but then again, nobody has gotten anything else out of event other than the 5 (yes, 5.) mid section color from Reaper King.

The mid section colors have the most variation and the most striking contrasts but the belly and top armor have a few slight variations in the shade they are.  I agree that reapers need some more colors, its one of the coolest looking models they have added since launch and it has the weakest color palette. @Wazzamaniac had some screens in the reaper king mutations thread that i would like to see implemented, as it stands the reapers have the most boring color variety in the game IMHO.

I personally wish there was a low chance for a white shelled reaper upon birth:  something like a 2.5% chance of a white shell.  This would add a certain thing to grind for on pregnancies.

*Edit* also, I wish they would change it from "Reaper King" to something else like maybe "Reaper Soldier" and give them genders for mate boosting.  We don't need the ability to breed them, but the mate boost would go a long way toward making them viable for more things.  They could then have the kings be specifically wild.

Even something like "Reaper Prince" and "Reaper Princess" would work.  Just give us some dang gendered reapers!

Archived