2x Maturation Events Becoming Less Frequent?

ambitiousdave

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the breeding can be a grind. I've been mostly breeding rexs so I can do the boss fight. I've been pretty successful but they keep dying before we can do the fight. We had like 7 or 8 adolescents die when we were raided by two gigas, and the lost 3 while we were offline( Someone attacked and made our giga go rage). Luckily we always manage to save a male and a female, so we don't have to completely start over. The only thing I really have a problem with is how hard it is to get 100% imprinting. They always seem to want the one type of kibble I don't have.

• 2 weeks later...

Are maturation events now gone? As a small tribe of 3 all with same timezones and full time jobs. It is actually impossible for us to breed  most of the dino's on anything other then the weekends. Stuff we needed for boss fights that took 4 days like rexes we would wait for the weekend. But now it's been months and nothing. If you think this is helping the server cap problems. it's absolutly doing the opposite. All your doing is enabling the people that breed breed breedd 100 dino's at a time to sell to continue and do it even more. Cause people that can't do it without the event is forced to buy them from these breeders. Giving them reason to keep doing it. It's getting really frustrating as i play to enjoy the aspects of the game. Not let someone else do it for me then buy it from them. It's kinda lame.

1 hour ago, baomorph said:

Are maturation events now gone? As a small tribe of 3 all with same timezones and full time jobs. It is actually impossible for us to breed  most of the dino's on anything other then the weekends. Stuff we needed for boss fights that took 4 days like rexes we would wait for the weekend. But now it's been months and nothing. If you think this is helping the server cap problems. it's absolutly doing the opposite. All your doing is enabling the people that breed breed breedd 100 dino's at a time to sell to continue and do it even more. Cause people that can't do it without the event is forced to buy them from these breeders. Giving them reason to keep doing it. It's getting really frustrating as i play to enjoy the aspects of the game. Not let someone else do it for me then buy it from them. It's kinda lame.

It's not impossible. It's actually very easy. I'm a tribe of two with both of us having full time jobs and working a minimum of 50 hours a week. We have all our boss rexs that we personally raised as well as just about everything else. Only things we haven't raised yet is a giga/mosa/basilo and other week + breeds. The only reason we haven't done this is just lack of desire. The rexs are some of the easiest babies to raise. After about 30 mins they can be left alone for over an hour. By 5 hours in they are about ready to be left alone until they are juvenile. If you leave a trough of raw and a trough of cooked meat they will last for a good 8 hours unless you just have an insane amount of babies, in which case just increase the number of troughs. With the 8 hour I'mprint timer we can still get 82% imprinting on rexs that we start Friday night. They finish by Tuesday morning so it is only one workday to worry about. On top of that, if you have a friend on the server that works opposite shifts, ask them to come over and top troughs off. The only one stopping anyone from breeding on this game is themselves. It really isn't the time crunch everyone makes it out to be. Pre-farm your meat and fill a bunch of fridges up and literally you only have to babysit for about an hour.

i dont have much time to post so please forgive my short sentances. Jen said there will only be 4 breeding events per year now. That is why dino skins are coming out on holidays. For me as a solo tribe member 1x isnt that bad i raised/still raising 5 rex's from this weekend for my boss tem and they are still going strong

Guest DJRone89
18 minutes ago, LLOYD0102 said:

i dont have much time to post so please forgive my short sentances. Jen said there will only be 4 breeding events per year now. That is why dino skins are coming out on holidays. For me as a solo tribe member 1x isnt that bad i raised/still raising 5 rex's from this weekend for my boss tem and they are still going strong

Comments like these restore my faith in the community, as it’s great to see ‘the little guy’ not comlaining.

Much better attitude than the whole “some of us have lives” outlook that people think the devs should change official balancing to cater to the people with the lowest time committments.

• Volunteer Moderator
28 minutes ago, SurvivedTheArkv2 said:

Wait .. there was a maturation event for Valentine's? Are you kidding me? I got everything ready for it but never saw 2x maturation event notice on the menu so I figured they didn't give it to us. WTFFF

It wasn't an Evo event, it was part of the actual event. It was stated in the Crunch announcement for the Valentine's event.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, SurvivedTheArkv2 said:
1 minute ago, GP said:
It wasn't an Evo event, it was part of the actual event. It was stated in the Crunch announcement for the Valentine's event.

Are the crunch announcements not on the menu with the rest of the Valentine's info?

I have no idea what was stated on the menu 2 months ago, not really important now anyway.

I have no idea what was stated on the menu 2 months ago, not really important now anyway.
2 months ago? The Valentine's event is still active until the end of today you clown. Not everybody sits on forums all day hunting down the information devs scatter between Reddit, Twitter, and Survivetheark app it'd be useful if they put it on the game menu ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE VDAY INFO, but that's not really important now anyways is it?

1 minute ago, SurvivedTheArkv2 said:
11 minutes ago, GP said:

2 months ago? The Valentine's event is still active until the end of today you clown. Not everybody sits on forums all day hunting down the information devs scatter between Reddit, Twitter, and Survivetheark app it'd be useful if they put it on the game menu ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE VDAY INFO, but that's not really important now anyways is it?

*Easter is maybe what you mean?

Archived