Close Calls

charles06

Oh trust and believe I know that struggle. Always have sleeping bags handy and with the carno make you a taming pen and kite it in there. Use door frames along the bottom and place walls above it maybe 2 or 3 high and a dino gate on the front and have a tribe member come close it when you got the carno aggroed on you

9 hours ago, Moriquendi32 said:

Early levels first time on an official server. I was trying to tame a low level carno to up my fire power. Didn’t realize that bear traps only hold for a few seconds. I jump off my ptera, and put a trap between me and a charging carno. It hits the traps, and I shoot it twice before it breaks free and comes for me. I start to run intending to circle back to my ptera - and run off a cliff edge. I fall and am at barely any health. I make for the water (Viking bay), and carno follows me. I manage to scramble up on a rock on waters edge, and the carno can’t get me but keeps circling. When he’s on the far side of the rock I run for the water and swim across Viking bay. Manage to get to the other side and make my way home. 

Shooting him while he qas circling would cause him to run and once he did, potentially because of torpor, he wouldnt fight back anymore.  Give chase with ptera and you have carno.  Sucks being new and not knowing the game mechanics xD

I was flying a newly Tamed pt and had to get stam. Right as I landed my bird was attacked by two raptors an a Troodon. AKA Satan's children . Well i managed to kill off all three and walked my bird away from the kill site some. at this point i had quarter tam gained right as i was getting ready to fly another two Raptors came up and jumped me. I killed off one but the other was a higher level so i tried to walk up hill more. It was Relentless so i fought for my Birds life. With about Quarter Hp left on my bird I felt it was doomed, you can only imagine how i was when another Troodon came to The raptors help.  managed to kill of both with 35.0 hp remaining got the stam needed to fly back to base. 

I just had a close call not too long ago actually xD

I had transferred over to a Rag server to tame some ovises. Soon as I spawn in Highlands N, a wild 145 giga demolished me. Needless to say, I had to get my stuff back, as veggie cakes are a bit of a commodity to my tribe right now.

Spawned again; same scenario. Third times the charm though. Soon as I respawned, I hopped, skipped, and JUMPED for my life away from the giga in to the black sands area, where nothing more than roaving megalania lay in wait. I get bit once while I struggled to get away, IMMEDIATELY contracting the megaAIDS.

Remarkably enough, I escaped the giga...So would I escape my unremarkable affliction?

With only 2.5 health left, I did. And with a bit of patience and well-times scampering, I got my stuff back too, and returned home later with 6 ovises en tow ?

Just a few minutes ago.

Taking on an alpha rex with Cadbury, my chocolate rex. That per se wasn't a big deal until we got knocked down a hill and hit an alpha raptor, which hit us from the side so we couldn't knock it back out of the way. Battled two alphas at the same time, came out with about 25% of his HP remaining. There's another alpha raptor nearby too, just healing up a bit before I go chomp it.

Archived