Let's talk TLC Phase 1/v278 Patch Notes!

ArkCreation

Mainly interested in a few notes but to summarize what I thought was good or interesting change was these.

-  Server option which makes the Silencer hide the name of the player who has killed you from the kill message and tribe log (enabled by default on Console, disabled on PC Official PvP servers) (should make pvp more fun with sniping?)

- Demo Timers are now hidden behind the Extended Info option (H)  (Can non-tribe members still see this info even in extended info option) 

- Tribes can now see the demo timers of their own structures.

- Rex,  Its roar should receive a CD and make non-allies (under a certain dragweight) poop to act as a small stun/interrupt. There will be a cooldown on victims so that they cannot be pooplocked continuously.
- The roar will not be able to scare anything above its level EDITED: (will we get something similar for the Yuty roar?)
- Roar will cause players to poop but not stun them
- Rex's ability to climb over small rocks and steeper slopes have been improved. 

- Fortitude now provides some resistance versus the effects of the Rex Roar, and this resistance carries onto player-ridden dinos too. Enough fortitude can prevent player-ridden dinos from being poopstunned.   
- Reduced Dunky resistance to bullets to 40% (considering they need to be on the surface to shoot them with bullets? lol?)

- Increased the Phoenix's health, stamina and weight.

Creative Mode building (an admin command which you can trigger on yourself/another player which removes weight restrictions, crafting requirements, and unlocks all the engrams. (Can this be abused or will it on unofficial?)

- General AI Option for Dinos to only attack conscious targets (Can I get a Yahoo from the crowd?)

- Add messages to tribe logs with information about uploading and downloading creatures

- You can now scroll the chatbox using a game controller by holding down the BACK Action Wheel, and selecting the Scroll Chat Box option. This will highlight the chatbox. To exit this mode, just press back button on your controller (B/Circle)

On 11/02/2018 at 1:05 AM, ArkCreation said:

Creative Mode building (an admin command which you can trigger on yourself/another player which removes weight restrictions, crafting requirements, and unlocks all the engrams. (Can this be abused or will it on unofficial?)

The mode is good but it ''cannot'' be abused I guess because it requires admin rights (which in itself allows you to spam spawn the desired number of what ever you want). So, it doesn't apply to official servers and on unofficials requires the admin rights. 

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

The mode is good but it ''cannot'' be abused I guess because it requires admin rights (which in itself allows you to spam spawn the desired number of what ever you want). So, it doesn't apply to official servers and on unofficials requires the admin rights. 

Depends on what you mean by abused. Firstly I don't think this is a mode that will be used on the majority of unofficial servers, more likely single player and private servers specifically designed for creating stuff. However, the Creative Mode gives infinitestats and fly mode with it. So if the admin of an unofficial server gives creative mode to another player then they have to have the trust in that player that they will not abuse the ability to fly and misuse their infinitestats which includes unlimited ammo. So yes it can potentially be abused by players that are given Creative Mode, and those that are given CM do not need admin rights to fly or have infinitestats.

3 minutes ago, GP said:

Depends on what you mean by abused. Firstly I don't think this is a mode that will be used on the majority of unofficial servers, more likely single player and private servers specifically designed for creating stuff. However, the Creative Mode gives infinitestats and fly mode with it. So if the admin of an unofficial server gives creative mode to another player then they have to have the trust in that player that they will not abuse the ability to fly and misuse their infinitestats which includes unlimited ammo. So yes it can potentially be abused by players that are given Creative Mode, and those that are given CM do not need admin rights to fly or have infinitestats.

I understand that, but either an admin gives me the mode or makes me admin myself. In that way, If I gain your trust to either have the mode or the admin rights...I'm able to abuse one way or the other, so yes the keyword is the trust you have in people who receive the mode. 

But for me (using it in SP) its a great feature because it saves me from having to place down a vault and spawn all possible structure item when I wanna be creative and build something nice.

Archived