Safe All-in-one Raft base

Menace

Hey everyone! i know alot of people like to build on rafts but won't because they are so easy to destroy so i made one that's completely encased in metal (including underneath) and has all the basics on it including: Smithy, Mortar and pestle, Fabricator, generator + fridge and auto turrets, bed, storage boxes and even a vault! All of that within the structure limit ofcourse ;)

2016-02-17_00002232.jpg

20 hours ago, EvilChaosDX said:

Post a pic or two :)

Do you still have a land base as well?

I will as soon as I can play again I'm not at my house right now and yes I do have a land base to just not as equipped as the rafts. I meant to mention that I had multiple and they connect to make one big base when aligned correctly. I have multiple small land bases and I just g to whichever one is closest to where were are 

4 minutes ago, Tomato808o said:

I will as soon as I can play again I'm not at my house right now and yes I do have a land base to just not as equipped as the rafts. I meant to mention that I had multiple and they connect to make one big base when aligned correctly. I have multiple small land bases and I just g to whichever one is closest to where were are 

That sounds pretty cool! Is it hard to get them all to line up? We need like an larger raft for massive water bases

Just now, EvilChaosDX said:

That sounds pretty cool! Is it hard to get them all to line up? We need like an larger raft for massive water bases

Sometimes it is difficult to line them up, yes. And I agree we need bigger rafts.1 small like the one now, one double the size, and a massive one, each teer up it is much more expensive, of course.

Just now, VicRattlehed said:

I can't for the life of me figure out how to encase the bottom of the boats. Is there a trick that i've completely missed?

Try this.

Place a Foundation

Place a Ceiling directly ON TOP of the Foundation.

Then place a Wall on w/e side you need to cover.

Then add another Ceiling to the bottom of the wall you just built.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2016 at 3:14 PM, Menace said:

Hey everyone! i know alot of people like to build on rafts but won't because they are so easy to destroy so i made one that's completely encased in metal (including underneath) and has all the basics on it including: Smithy, Mortar and pestle, Fabricator, generator + fridge and auto turrets, bed, storage boxes and even a vault! All of that within the structure limit ofcourse ;)

2016-02-17_00002232.jpg

looks like a floating pillbox :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived