So, Tamed Reaper got Nerf with light and isn't immune to Radiation. K

gerrynaples

5 hours ago, iAmE said:

Oh I'm with you there.

Wild Reapers receive a 90% damage reduction and something to the tune of 45-50% damage increase when not in the light. A tamed Reaper receives a 15% damage reduction and no damage increase while not in the light. In addition Wild Reaper Kings had their HP boosted by 300% in a recent patch due to the fact that they simply weren't threatening enough. 

Yea Id like it they got the damage increase in the dark; then they would keep their current mediocre (yet still semi useable) status in light, but be the buffed version that it needs to be in the dark. They could keep the stat scaling as is, and that way charge light would be an actual inflicted punishment on the reaper.

I think the devs might be a bit squeamish at making them much stronger as according to wiki they can go in bossfights, and it would make for a cheap pay2win alternative to boss rexes.Because lets be honest, they aren't that hard to obtain.

2 hours ago, Danouk said:

More I hear about it more I think I won't even try to get one. Unless you want as an emblem or trophy. Making it that weak . It's not worth the hassle.

I mean. They do look *really* bad ass. I don't regret raising mine, just for the aesthetic eye candy that he is/will be. I raised several Wyverns despite the fact that I knew they had absolutely no use or application, just because I loved the colors of them. Some people build huge bases. I live on Official PvP, thus live in a cave, so I can't do that. I can at least have some pretty dinos. 

10 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Yea Id like it they got the damage increase in the dark; then they would keep their current mediocre (yet still semi useable) status in light, but be the buffed version that it needs to be in the dark. They could keep the stat scaling as is, and that way charge light would be an actual inflicted punishment on the reaper.

I think the devs might be a bit squeamish at making them much stronger as according to wiki they can go in bossfights, and it would make for a cheap pay2win alternative to boss rexes.Because lets be honest, they aren't that hard to obtain.

I mean. They can be squeamish all they want, and I'd understand it, if it wasn't for the fact that it's a strictly inferior version of the Mega with niche utility that doesn't mean enough to actually matter enough to be worth discussing. 

Mega's are stronger, in every way. In fact, so are Drakes. Those can go into boss fights. Why isn't the Reaper, at least, as strong as those dinos?

They aren't hard to obtain, realistically not much in Ark is once you figure everything out, but that doesn't change the fact that the Reaper is, probably, the most difficult dino to obtain in the current game, and involves the most hoops in raising them. 

3 hours ago, iAmE said:

I mean. They do look *really* bad ass. I don't regret raising mine, just for the aesthetic eye candy that he is/will be. I raised several Wyverns despite the fact that I knew they had absolutely no use or application, just because I loved the colors of them. Some people build huge bases. I live on Official PvP, thus live in a cave, so I can't do that. I can at least have some pretty dinos. 

I mean. They can be squeamish all they want, and I'd understand it, if it wasn't for the fact that it's a strictly inferior version of the Mega with niche utility that doesn't mean enough to actually matter enough to be worth discussing. 

Mega's are stronger, in every way. In fact, so are Drakes. Those can go into boss fights. Why isn't the Reaper, at least, as strong as those dinos?

They aren't hard to obtain, realistically not much in Ark is once you figure everything out, but that doesn't change the fact that the Reaper is, probably, the most difficult dino to obtain in the current game, and involves the most hoops in raising them. 

Once you have a drake reapers are not a hard tame to get in any way. take a partner with you both on drakes, chomp until pink, let it impregnate you whilst mounted, and by the time you get back to safety you have the +75 levels and all the pheromones you require for baby stage.

7 hours ago, Saupe said:

Once you have a drake reapers are not a hard tame to get in any way. take a partner with you both on drakes, chomp until pink, let it impregnate you whilst mounted, and by the time you get back to safety you have the +75 levels and all the pheromones you require for baby stage.

Hard is relative. It still remains the *hardest* tame to obtain in the game. Just because the hardest tame to obtain is easy doesn't change anything about the relative difficulty in obtaining one. 

Archived