Pendragon

On 12/15/2017 at 3:13 AM, DomiDarko said:

I'd agree if I would get more than 7 fps... Yeah, my GPU isn't good, but on all other maps I get 35-40. With all the latest patches/fixes it seems to be rushed out again. So far I enjoy it anyways because of the different mechanics and creatures. I hope they'll work on performance pretty soon!

omg same here, (bad gfx card, garbage aber fps but decent on other maps). Do you know if it's an optimization issue? Or is there a bug affecting us (because not many people seem to have this issue)

Just now, rororoxor said:

omg same here, (bad gfx card, garbage aber fps but decent on other maps). Do you know if it's an optimization issue? Or is there a bug affecting us (because not many people seem to have this issue)

For some reason upping some settings (resolution, shadows, etc.) gave me quite a boost. Haven't tried the shadows, but upping resolution gave me a boost of about 10 fps. O.o And yes, we are not the only ones. I read it somewhere (here or on the steam forum) that people also got very low fps, even with a decent GPU, but playing around with some settings fixed some issues.

I second the OP. 

Thus far I have over 2,000 hours of play in Ark. Sometimes it's infuriating, sometimes amazing, sometimes hilarious. But the end result is that I have gotten over 2000 hours of entertainment from a game. I paid 30 bucks to get the base game, then 20 for Scorched and 20 for Aberration. Even at the worst that's 70 dollars, for 2000 hours of entertainment (and I'm not done with it yet!!). That is a helluva deal, and now with Aberration I see another 300 or 400 hours of play coming from this map alone. 

Thank you Wildcard. The game has bugs, it has some... odd mechanics. But damn it is still fun and enjoyable even after all this time. 
The last game that gave me this much value was Mount&Blade Warband. 

2 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

For some reason upping some settings (resolution, shadows, etc.) gave me quite a boost. Haven't tried the shadows, but upping resolution gave me a boost of about 10 fps. O.o And yes, we are not the only ones. I read it somewhere (here or on the steam forum) that people also got very low fps, even with a decent GPU, but playing around with some settings fixed some issues.

resolution...meaning the slider? Or the screen size?

2 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

I did the slider. But you can try screen size as well. Tell me about the results! :D 

K i tried doing both and didn't get that much of a difference (as my res slider was quite high already)

BUT I did find a fix! At the ingame console commands, type "r.shadowquality 0" 

I did and my fps went a lot higher! Apparently theres an unoptimization with low quality shadows so this just removes them entirely. Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, rororoxor said:

K i tried doing both and didn't get that much of a difference (as my res slider was quite high already)

BUT I did find a fix! At the ingame console commands, type "r.shadowquality 0" 

I did and my fps went a lot higher! Apparently theres an unoptimization with low quality shadows so this just removes them entirely. Hope this helps!

OK, I'll try it. Only thing is that you have to enable it every time you log back on... :/ 

Archived