Auto-Decay Prevention?

Crows

Hi. So I play on official pvp and I've noticed that the PvE auto-decay timer effects us now too, which is fine, but I'm confused. What exactly needs to be connected to/by Dinosaur Gates so that they don't auto-decay? for example, I put down 6 stone Dino gates in a row with doors on either end (typical Griffin trap) and after about a week, it all auto-destroyed. I looked at other traps and theirs hasn't, but I haven't noticed that they've done anything special to keep theirs in place? 

Also, how do you prevent a pillar from auto-decaying now? thank you in advance.

take a look here 

esp these 2 posts 

On 7-12-2017 at 8:53 PM, Ranger1 said:

That would be the obvious choice for PVE play, or to simply join one of the thousands of Unofficial servers that will already be running Aberration.  Sure, you can jump on an official PVE Aberration server if you want to take a peek first, but if you actually want to play there for awhile official PVE Aberration servers are not going to be the intelligent choice.

On 7-12-2017 at 9:06 PM, Ranger1 said:

If you're talking console I can't comment towards that as it's not my area of knowledge.  If you're speaking of PC play, you can use whatever hosting service you prefer.

You might also consider that whether they open a few official servers or not is fairly irrelevant to Aberration having a successful launch.  As with all of the other maps, the bulk of Aberration PVE game play will not be happening on official servers.

this says everything about what official servers are, no?

they don't care about you, they get to play on unofficial servers (as are the test servers)
where lag, and the likes do not exist

that's why they don't fix anything "but hey for us it don't lag"

they enabled orp on pve = massive issues with breeding (dinos going in stasis and not eating leading to dead babies)
they enabled auto-decay on pvp, leading to loss of structures/dinos

12 hours ago, Crows said:

Hi. So I play on official pvp and I've noticed that the PvE auto-decay timer effects us now too, which is fine, but I'm confused. What exactly needs to be connected to/by Dinosaur Gates so that they don't auto-decay? for example, I put down 6 stone Dino gates in a row with doors on either end (typical Griffin trap) and after about a week, it all auto-destroyed. I looked at other traps and theirs hasn't, but I haven't noticed that they've done anything special to keep theirs in place? 

Also, how do you prevent a pillar from auto-decaying now? thank you in advance.

If no one from your tribe logins for a week or so, they auto decay. I beleive that is for isolated strcutures alone, as for bases with dinos, etc will last for 2 weeks of inactivity. (I checked this a long time ago, so high chance that i'm wrong).

But as for pillars, i beleive you have to snap a foundation to them to prevent auto decay.

Hmmm alright, thanks everyone! Personally I think it doesn't make sense for auto-decay to exist on PvP servers. Not sure what kind of logic they tried applying to that decision. I hadn't visited my griffin trap for over a week because I was busy building and grinding for turrets and bullets, etc. Ah well... guess I'll stick to a different kind of build to trap griffins in, which hopefully doesn't decay.

The griffin trap benefited the whole server as I left the gates unlocked for all to use.

Archived