Another day at wildcard studio

Mjsechrest

Well, I think basically all there is to say about the turret nerf has been said and it's sad to think that this game has gotten to this low point. Ark is too big and too resource intensive on current systems and servers and the developers cannot fix the fundamental issues that have been created through the development process without starting to slowly strip away main aspects of the game in an effort to try and cull the lag and overload that has been created during this time. They have proposed solutions that are highly controversial within the community and still continue on with them trying to slowly fix the core issues of the game such as desync issues , complete rubbing banding , network issues , graphics errors and other things that compound the problems further. Unfortunately for wildcard , snail has given them very strict schedules and I'm sure deadlines that correlate to investors waiting to get paid, as well as push wildcard to pump out new content like dlcs and other added features. The fact remains that there are many issues in this game that have existed since day one on PC and they have not been fixed, and on top of that, the content that is being produced is being pushed out with little to no testing which ends up creating more bugs and errors that wildcard simply does not have the time or experience to fix. At this current time the official servers are mainly unplayable but people love the game so much that they will spend hours during a day battling lag to raise a dinosaur that takes twice as long as normal to raise because of the massive desync and lag issues with ragnarok. It is certainly a gloomy atmosphere around here and as someone who lived and breathed this game since it came out I truly sincerely hope that it can be turned around. It's obvious that you have a very different opinion on the vision of the game than we players who have been around through all the hard times and the good. Waiting for the next patch because we were thrilled to play such an amazing game. Now we've come to a point where every update is met with dismay and upset because somewhere along the lines things changed. It got out of control and it turned a small studio on its head trying to force itself to be a triple a studio because of pressure and demands. For all the stuff I say negative about wildcard I will admit that they created a masterpiece. But too many brush strokes and too many colors have made it a muddled and incoherent painting. I would only echo the sentiment of others and say to not release any more dlc or content after aberration until you can tend to the many issues present in the core game. 

11 minutes ago, Mjsechrest said:

Well, I think basically all there is to say about the turret nerf has been said and it's sad to think that this game has gotten to this low point. Ark is too big and too resource intensive on current systems and servers and the developers cannot fix the fundamental issues that have been created through the development process without starting to slowly strip away main aspects of the game in an effort to try and cull the lag and overload that has been created during this time. They have proposed solutions that are highly controversial within the community and still continue on with them trying to slowly fix the core issues of the game such as desync issues , complete rubbing banding , network issues , graphics errors and other things that compound the problems further.

Unfortunately for wildcard , snail has given them very strict schedules and I'm sure deadlines that correlate to investors waiting to get paid, as well as push wildcard to pump out new content like dlcs and other added features. The fact remains that there are many issues in this game that have existed since day one on PC and they have not been fixed, and on top of that, the content that is being produced is being pushed out with little to no testing which ends up creating more bugs and errors that wildcard simply does not have the time or experience to fix.

At this current time the official servers are mainly unplayable but people love the game so much that they will spend hours during a day battling lag to raise a dinosaur that takes twice as long as normal to raise because of the massive desync and lag issues with ragnarok. It is certainly a gloomy atmosphere around here and as someone who lived and breathed this game since it came out I truly sincerely hope that it can be turned around. It's obvious that you have a very different opinion on the vision of the game than we players who have been around through all the hard times and the good. Waiting for the next patch because we were thrilled to play such an amazing game.

Now we've come to a point where every update is met with dismay and upset because somewhere along the lines things changed. It got out of control and it turned a small studio on its head trying to force itself to be a triple a studio because of pressure and demands. For all the stuff I say negative about wildcard I will admit that they created a masterpiece. But too many brush strokes and too many colors have made it a muddled and incoherent painting. I would only echo the sentiment of others and say to not release any more dlc or content after aberration until you can tend to the many issues present in the core game. 

There, I fixed your giant block of text for you.

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, Mjsechrest said:

Unfortunately for wildcard , snail has given them very strict schedules and I'm sure deadlines that correlate to investors waiting to get paid, as well as push wildcard to pump out new content like dlcs and other added features.

Since you know so much about the operations of snail you must be an employee of theirs. Please ask them what other cosmetics their ark mmo will have and how much it will cost. If you aren't, then please stop with the tinfoil hat talk.

11 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Since you know so much about the operations of snail you must be an employee of theirs. Please ask them what other cosmetics their ark mmo will have and how much it will cost. If you aren't, then please stop with the tinfoil hat talk.

Here's some tin foil hat talk for you. This game is dead 

Its looking overbloated and overreached development wise with fairly little care for customer experience at the moment.

Legacy servers noone wants to play because their a write off

new servers that are so few and so overpopulated they have been capped since first week (mainly PVE) or literally owned by a few large experienced tribes (so much for server deletes on release hey guys)

So we have a constant flood of new customers comming in with literally nowhere to go. They should employ a PR representative on every capped server to answer the constant spam of 'why cant i tame anything and what r all these pillars' because thats about the only experience of the game they are going to get.

9 hours ago, Azmeaiel said:

Its looking overbloated and overreached development wise with fairly little care for customer experience at the moment.

Legacy servers noone wants to play because their a write off

new servers that are so few and so overpopulated they have been capped since first week (mainly PVE) or literally owned by a few large experienced tribes (so much for server deletes on release hey guys)

So we have a constant flood of new customers comming in with literally nowhere to go. They should employ a PR representative on every capped server to answer the constant spam of 'why cant i tame anything and what r all these pillars' because thats about the only experience of the game they are going to get.

Our legacy server is approaching pre-legacy daily numbers. We get about 15 new players a day according to battlemetrics. If that's dead then I'd hate to see alive because the server would hit the soft player cap and start to bug out.

Archived