Dino Spawn Question

GameFreak

is there something wrong with the dino spawns or something? because i have been killing low level dinos looking for 140+ and now the those dinos in general spawn extremely rarely regardless of level. just in case it makes a difference im playing on single player, i never remember this kind of thing happening when i used to play on official servers.

Check your difficulty settings the lower the difficulty the lower levels will spawn. Just make sure when you up it you type the number the bar only goes to like 1 or 2 and that wont do it. Plus you'll have to do a kill all or just go kill a bunch of stuff the refresh the spawns for the higher levels to get it. I have mine set on 5 i believe and get pretty good dinos but i think you can go higher.

im just playing on the island. but i dont see how the map choice would randomly reduce the amount of dinos that spawn, i mean when i first started i was finding rexs pretty easy and now i find maybe one every other day i play. i do know that the levels that spawn are different, dont understand why its so rare on the island for high level dinos to spawn but what ever.

i have the difficulty set to the highest with the additional setting that bumps everything up to a max of 150. im not asking about why the high levels arent spawning im asking why the dinos stop spawning all together, i rarely see any of the dinos ive been killing off at all. i even left my game sit for 6 hours with me doing nothing and i only find extremely few of the dinos im after at all regardless of their level.

i played as a solo tribe on an official scorched server so playing singleplayer isnt much different.  i just cant take the the breeding times on official any more, it seems kinda weird to me that its set so that youre not really supposed to get any sleep while raising creature in this game.  i just cant wait for rentable servers on xbox and hope that they arent too expensive to rent so that i can play with my friends with normal settings but with faster breeding settings.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:30 PM, GameFreak said:

i have the difficulty set to the highest with the additional setting that bumps everything up to a max of 150. im not asking about why the high levels arent spawning im asking why the dinos stop spawning all together, i rarely see any of the dinos ive been killing off at all. i even left my game sit for 6 hours with me doing nothing and i only find extremely few of the dinos im after at all regardless of their level.

Need difficulty set to 5 to get level 150 dinos.  If you're on a private dedicated or single player world, dino spawns are broken.  When you kill stuff, only smaller dinos like dimorphs, raptors and wolves seem to respawn.  Particularly noticeable on carno island.  You need to do admincheat destroywilddinos frequently to get everything to spawn properly.  This is why I stopped hosting tbh.  I started hosting so I could play more casually, only to get messages non-stop with people asking to destroy wild dinos every day and others asking me not to do it until X time so they can tame X creature.  So friggin annoying.  If I didn't do the command, there were no useful dinos on the entire map and everyone would quit.

you dont need to set the difficulty  higher, there is a setting that you can check off that will change it so that the max level dino that will spawn in is 150 regardless of the map, which is what i have it set too. i thought they finally fixed the dino spawn issue but i guess they never did. although i remember someone telling me a while ago that the spawn issue doesnt happen on the center and ragnarok but i dont know if that is true, and i have no idea if it happens on scorched earth (although i know the wyvern egg spawns are a little off so i can guess it has the same issues).

Archived