Singleplayer Bosses - How to scale them

TracerBee

- Fixed boss scaling for multiplayer sessions (approximately 67% easier)

The 67% was for ONLINE MULTIPLAYER servers only. So official's, unofficial...basically anything online (albeit that phrase is vague, but my knowledge of dedi and non-dedi is limited). It's actually the opposite of what you claim. If you are hoping to do boss simulations on singleplayer, it will not help you in any sort of simulation to if you could do it on officials or even unofficials. The bosses aren't scaled for multiplayer players on singleplayer. They are scaled for 1 player only and as far as I'm aware (could be wrong but it would make no sense), there is no way to make the bosses 'NOT' be scaled for just one player...unless having 'singleplayer mode' turned off makes it such. Couldn't tell you if it does since right now I'm in no mood to be testing that myself.

3 minutes ago, Ulta said:

- Fixed boss scaling for multiplayer sessions (approximately 67% easier)

The 67% was for ONLINE MULTIPLAYER servers only. So official's, unofficial...basically anything online (albeit that phrase is vague, but my knowledge of dedi and non-dedi is limited). It's actually the opposite of what you claim. If you are hoping to do boss simulations on singleplayer, it will not help you in any sort of simulation to if you could do it on officials or even unofficials. The bosses aren't scaled for multiplayer players on singleplayer. They are scaled for 1 player only and as far as I'm aware (could be wrong but it would make no sense), there is no way to make the bosses 'NOT' be scaled for just one player...unless having 'singleplayer mode' turned off makes it such. Couldn't tell you if it does since right now I'm in no mood to be testing that myself.

Uhm, you misunderstood, my fault for not being clear.

Generally bosses in single player are much easier than the ones on multiplayer. (Yeah i got that 67% thing wrong, i guess.)

What i want to do is, fight bosses in single player that have the same stats of that on official multiplayer servers.

I beleive this can be done by adjusting dino damage/health, etc in single player settings but i wish to know the proper values.

10 minutes ago, TracerBee said:

Uhm, you misunderstood, my fault for not being clear.

Generally bosses in single player are much easier than the ones on multiplayer.

What i want to do is, fight bosses in single player that have the same stats of that on official multiplayer servers.

I beleive this can be done by adjusting dino damage/health, etc in single player settings but i wish to know the proper values.

I can't help you then. I didn't misunderstand at all. Because I really don't think there is a way TO scale the bosses in singleplayer to replicate the bosses in online. Trust me, I had so many people at my throat in the other thread claiming that even an UNofficial ONLINE server couldn't replicate it (even though really, there was no reason for it to be different in that case). No one would believe anything produced in SINGLEplayer would produce accurate results better. Heck it's an even worse mode to do tests in my opinion.

But yeah...you are unable to alter the bosses stats directly, which would mean you'd need to scale your dino's stats accordingly. But we are talking some very HEAVY math here, so unless you attract a math professional whom people not only trust in this forum. but can verify they know what they are talking about (good luck with that in THIS forum community), then it's pretty much near impossible to do that sort of scaling and make it totally accurate enough to produce accurate results. And as far as I'm aware, there's no hard evidence of how much 'easier' the bosses in singleplayer are compared to the online one's (that percentage was 67% easier than what online bosses USE to be, not 67% than singleplayer). And even then, there's no guarantee that any weapon's used on the bosses will be doing the same damage to the boss as they would on an official, even with the same damage percentage (this is something that would need testing, but still).

Sorry to say...I'm just trying to help, since this is a very unwise thing to hope on. Singleplayer was built for 1 player. It is not a very wise ground to do boss simulations that you hope can mirror results for official servers, or any online server for that matter. The scaling just isn't the same and it's a mystery just how much so unless your a wIldcard dev and are able to go right into the game's coding and see.

Not sure if this helps, but on my single player on xbox, I have single player setting unticked, difficulty offset at one (or as far as it goes) and the maximum difficulty setting ticked. This to my knowledge has the game at the same difficulty as official (in other words difficulty 5, i.e max wild dinos level 150) and I am assuming the bosses are set to the same difficulty. 

6 hours ago, TracerBee said:

I would like to run some simulations in singleplayer on bosses and from what i remember, bosses on singleplayer and non dedicated server are 67% easier.

So, is there anyway to scale the boss  to be the exact same as those in official servers?

There is no clear correlation between SP vs MP, because bosses have been balanced and rebalanced multiple times since the initial "3 times less HP of bosses and 3 times more damage to them as well" change.

2 hours ago, Ulta said:

I can't help you then. I didn't misunderstand at all. Because I really don't think there is a way TO scale the bosses in singleplayer to replicate the bosses in online. Trust me, I had so many people at my throat in the other thread claiming that even an UNofficial ONLINE server couldn't replicate it (even though really, there was no reason for it to be different in that case). No one would believe anything produced in SINGLEplayer would produce accurate results better. Heck it's an even worse mode to do tests in my opinion.

But yeah...you are unable to alter the bosses stats directly, which would mean you'd need to scale your dino's stats accordingly. But we are talking some very HEAVY math here, so unless you attract a math professional whom people not only trust in this forum. but can verify they know what they are talking about (good luck with that in THIS forum community), then it's pretty much near impossible to do that sort of scaling and make it totally accurate enough to produce accurate results. And as far as I'm aware, there's no hard evidence of how much 'easier' the bosses in singleplayer are compared to the online one's (that percentage was 67% easier than what online bosses USE to be, not 67% than singleplayer). And even then, there's no guarantee that any weapon's used on the bosses will be doing the same damage to the boss as they would on an official, even with the same damage percentage (this is something that would need testing, but still).

Sorry to say...I'm just trying to help, since this is a very unwise thing to hope on. Singleplayer was built for 1 player. It is not a very wise ground to do boss simulations that you hope can mirror results for official servers, or any online server for that matter. The scaling just isn't the same and it's a mystery just how much so unless your a wIldcard dev and are able to go right into the game's coding and see.

woah cool down man, i'm just asking if someone had figured out the math yet.

From what i read on other posts, people are suggesting to scale the damage and health of dinos in single player settings, i just don't know to what values.

I guess only the developers can answer this, honestly though, it would be good to run boss simulations on single player so we dont have to loose our tames in which we spend alot of hours on.

3 minutes ago, TracerBee said:

woah cool down man, i'm just asking if someone had figured out the math yet.

From what i read on other posts, people are suggesting to scale the damage and health of dinos in single player settings, i just don't know to what values.

I guess only the developers can answer this, honestly though, it would be good to run boss simulations on single player so we dont have to loose our tames in which we spend alot of hours on.

Cool down? I didn't even blow up >_>

No one has bothered doing this, so it'll be a miracle if someone had the values. No one's tried because, in theory, it's not a good idea, and it also demands info we do not have access to, which is knowing just how much stronger or weaker the bosses are between official servers and singleplayer. Without that knowledge, it just can't be done, and the only people who know this info is Wildcard.

It would be useful to know regardless, if making SP the spitting image of an official would work. But I highly doubt it is, until a WC dev enlightens us.

Just now, TracerBee said:

Yeah, guess i should submit a ticket asking for info? Think they would respond? :P

You could try. I've tagged devs in threads before but only sometimes has a dev actually acknowledged it.

@Jatheish@Jen Let's see if they'll answer if a SP can be shaped to be the spitting image of an official server. While we're at it, I'd like to know if an unofficial can as well, and how to do it.

28 minutes ago, Ulta said:

You could try. I've tagged devs in threads before but only sometimes has a dev actually acknowledged it.

@Jatheish@Jen Let's see if they'll answer if a SP can be shaped to be the spitting image of an official server. While we're at it, I'd like to know if an unofficial can as well, and how to do it.

I've run simulations on unofficials before, they seem to be accurate.

17 minutes ago, Housatonic said:

Can always just set up a server on your own computer and use that for testing purposes, that might be the easiest way to do it.

Uhm, i'm kind of a newbie on that part, is there any guide to it?

39 minutes ago, Housatonic said:

Can always just set up a server on your own computer and use that for testing purposes, that might be the easiest way to do it.

Yeaaaah I did that. And while I thought my findings were accurate since I used the same difficulty as official servers, didn't have singleplayer on, and used dino's who's stats are achievable on officials...players on official claimed that our findings were not accurate since it wasn't actually done on an official server.

So yeah, it SHOULD be accurate, and nothing suggests that it WOULDN'T be. But apparently people don't trust it anyway because I actually beat Alpha dragon in my test. Go figure right?

21 minutes ago, TracerBee said:

If you don't go down the route of paying for a rented server (basically what I got), you'd need a second PC good enough to make a dedicated server on and use that (since I think that counts as a multiplayer server, though I could be wrong).

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Dedicated_Server_Setup

But a heads up. I already did boss simulation tests on my unofficial server (which is clearly a multiplayer server), doing my best to mirror every setting that was known to be true on officials...and I was still told that my readings were not accurate because it wasn't an official server that I did them on.

You can do your own tests for your own simulations still. Don't let me stop you. I'm just here to say people have already done what you are wanting to do, with mixed results of success or no success (I succeeded in killing Alpha dragon with mirrored official server settings, yet people claimed I did something wrong anyway for no reason other than I didn't do it on officials). Just saving you time and the inevitable hassle of trying to prove to others that your findings are accurate. But if you are just doing this for your own know-how, carry on.

20 minutes ago, TracerBee said:

I use ARK Server Manager for my own servers: http://arkservermanager.freeforums.net/
I think that between ASM tending most of the port stuff and such, and local play it wouldn't cause headaches?
The client now also has a launch dedicated option along with single player or non-dedicated, but I'm not sure how/if that's affected by single player settings.

Archived