why can you level up a pterodactyl oxygen but they can't go underwater

Lyssabear

On 9/16/2017 at 9:50 AM, ChargingParacerParacer said:

It would be nice if leveling Oxygen synergized with Stamina to give a tiny speed boost or even a health boost, and I'm talking small like 0.01.  At least then Oxy isn't one of the 'wasted' stats for pretty much every dino.

It pretty much only helps in breeding to boost higher lvls but, that's about it

7 hours ago, PrimalBroom744 said:

It pretty much only helps in breeding to boost higher lvls but, that's about it

I know that but it would be great if dinos could get an actual use out of it. Imagine if it synnergized with health or stamina to simulate healthy 'athletic' dinos. I know I saiid a tiny speed boost but after rethinking it the logical thing would be better stam consumption.

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:26 AM, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

To be fair, many people in PvP don't knock stuff. They just kill it

It actually depends. If you're trying to go undetected, but at the same time wanting to kill someone's stuff. Let's say a ptera is on neutral, and it's chasing you, but you don't want to kill it or else you're caught, but at the same time, you want it dead. You need an alternative. So you fly over the water and knock it out. Personally, oxygen on my ptera has saved it before when it got knocked out over the water.

The current meta of the game is to max oxygen on every creature you own including yourself. After you have said oxygen, you hide at the bottom of the ocean and wait in the ocean caves for deep sea divers. You then ambush these divers with land dinos. They get so confused as to why theres are dodos attacking them in the sea caves that they forget to breath themselves. You then loot the divers now dead bodies for easy loot. make sure to repeat this process before they nerf it into the ground.

They have on multiple occasions allowed flyers to swim on follow to players. A feature I greatly enjoyed as it allowed all new possibilities for underwater bases. Sadly people immediately managed to accidentally drown their fliers with poor play because they left them on follow and went pearl diving. I would love to see it return.

On 9/17/2017 at 8:55 PM, ChargingParacerParacer said:

I know that but it would be great if dinos could get an actual use out of it. Imagine if it synnergized with health or stamina to simulate healthy 'athletic' dinos. I know I saiid a tiny speed boost but after rethinking it the logical thing would be better stam consumption.

I like that idea. It would be reasonable to have it affect stamnia consumption but, it would have to be very little as it could just reverse the effect of the flyer nerf if it's to great.

On 9/15/2017 at 12:22 PM, Ulta said:

I don't know why either...shouldn't even be a stat for them if they can't go underwater. Only time Oxygen is 'relevant' is if you accidentally knock it out and it falls into the water, and that's only a taming caution, not a utility anything for them after taming.

So much oversight...eck. Even I am starting to think that the polish is still gonna take like another year or two...

but all land dinos have oxygen, the argent has oxygen, so does all the rest of the flyers. they are meant to drown if they fall in the water. I don't think its an oversight. The fact that when most hit the water they dismount you and can't get in the water is one thing. The fact that they are not supposed to and sometimes do sounds more like just another glitch.

Archived