Is there anything that can be done about tribes grieving in PVE

Ben9796

Playing on a server with my friend and this one tribe has trapped people's dinos in a cage, built a wall on the beach so the tribe can't move past, and now they've built a wall in front of my tribe's behemoth gate. They are also believed to be kiting wild dinos to people's bases to try and run them off the server.

If you are not on official and are having these issues on an official server you are welcome to transfer your character/dinos over to my Ragnarok map! I have downloads/uploads of characters/dinos/items enabled and right now its only me and my friend on a 15 slot server! Mostly vanilla with minimal mods (5 total)

Link is https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/ark/1086520?playerCount=24H

if you want to connect to my server! Don't know that this will work if you are coming from official to unofficial but the offer is there. Just finished testing singleplayer uploads to my server though which worked but don't think official would work.

Either way the offer is there!

The realty is is that you must pillar off your area FIRST. Before you start building or taming you have to pillar anywhere trolls mite try to grief including a reasonable area outside of where your intended base area is so no structures can be built to block you. PVE base design must take defense agaiinst trolling as a priority. Ispent the first day just pillaring my area

Just now, CaptainRaa said:

The realty is is that you must pillar off your area FIRST. Before you start building or taming you have to pillar anywhere trolls mite try to grief including a reasonable area outside of where your intended base area is so no structures can be built to block you. PVE base design must take defense agaiinst trolling as a priority. Ispent the first day just pillaring my area

Except for in admin controlled PVE servers where they won't let this happen! Me personally in my server I won't tolerate people pillaring off everywhere

18 minutes ago, Zergling963 said:

Except for in admin controlled PVE servers where they won't let this happen! Me personally in my server I won't tolerate people pillaring off everywhere

Yep, unfortunatly tho with no admin control on official servers, pillaring is the only way to ensure future enjoyment. 

10 minutes ago, CaptainRaa said:

Yep, unfortunatly tho with no admin control on official servers, pillaring is the only way to ensure future enjoyment. 

I didn't think there were alphas in PVE but I guess it goes by whoever can grief the hardest and influence people to move. The drama doesn't look much different than PVP but instead of having rockets fly at your base they use trolling to get you to move or cage people's dinos to extort them for something.

15 minutes ago, Ben9796 said:

I didn't think there were alphas in PVE but I guess it goes by whoever can grief the hardest and influence people to move. The drama doesn't look much different than PVP but instead of having rockets fly at your base they use trolling to get you to move or cage people's dinos to extort them for something.

Not alphas! Just being admin I don't like to let this stuff happen as I feel this spoils enjoyable play! I don't let people troll with pillars etc! if they try it they get two warnings than a ban if they keep doing it! Same for people kiting titans and gigas etc to others bases! I don't feel its fair for peoples games to be destroyed by these types of people

It's a side note I know. But I feel it is important to clearly define this.

Alpha Tribe definition. VERY different from PvP and PvE.

PvP - Alpha is defined but the strongest tribe. They are clearly identified by their ability to control the server by force whether for good or bad.

PvE - Alpha is defined by the nicest tribe that has been around for a reasonably long time (like 6 months or so). They are known for caring about the server as a whole and helping those in need (does not include new players most often named Bob who ask for free dinos/stuff).

Large tribes in PvE who seek to ruin others enjoyment of the game or try to force rules (most often arbitrary ones that they make up) are called Griefers- NOT alpha tribes.

Archived