This site not up to date why? You sleeping on the job?

Danouk

If you guys go to the ark steam discussion they have a new patch coming today. Why is this site not kept up to date?  This site as always been behind the one on steam. Why even start this site if you can't keep up to date. No wonder they have problems getting us the info we need. 

Get off the tweets and come do your job. I am really getting frustrated here. As a lot of people here. New servers ? Where are they?  This is unacceptable

I will tell you what the problem is. Not everyone can be on their computer all day long. Most of us need to do things during the day. We need to know when those servers will be brought up  if we don't know by the time we find out the servers are full and at the same time pillars and foundations everywhere so why waste my time I won't be able to do anything. That's the problem with information not going to the forum instead of tweets. Most people are not on twitter or need to go there. The forum is here.

15 minutes ago, Danouk said:

The forum is here for a reason. That's were the info should be pass on. Tell me why the forum on steam has the new patch info and not here? 

The forum is here for players to talk. Period. Twitter (Social Media) is the standard form of communication for major business and governments across the entire world.

So your opinion, and the argument it's based on, is, well, wrong.

26 minutes ago, PaleoJoe said:

The tweets keep people informed. If you read them you would know Jat took a power nap after being up and working for 36 hours straight. A lot of things go on to get servers up and do updates (they even mentioned they had to do each server manually due to a glitch). They are doing their job, just have patience.

Look at your boy Jat's tweet and check those little symbols up top. Those tell you that he and your girl Jen flew off to Pax West to hype their game. You really believe that I worked 36 hours? ? 

6 minutes ago, Bassplayer said:

Look at your boy Jat's tweet and check those little symbols up top. Those tell you that he and your girl Jen flew off to Pax West to hype their game. You really believe that I worked 36 hours? ? 

If you ever had to go sell your product at those events you'd know that it is a sleepless exhausting week. Going multiple days without sleep is very common. It's work, not fun.

7 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

Just saying: The patch is announced on the ARK menu in game. Everyone getting the patch can see it

Not everyone goes to their computer they play their  games on to check for info. I use my ipad to check the forum. Why is the steam forum have more info than the official ark forum? It's not the first time this happens.

1 hour ago, PaleoJoe said:

The tweets keep people informed. If you read them you would know Jat took a power nap after being up and working for 36 hours straight. A lot of things go on to get servers up and do updates (they even mentioned they had to do each server manually due to a glitch). They are doing their job, just have patience.

Should I feel sympathy for him working 36 hours straight ?

Or maybe should I feel jealousy for him being at PAX West for at least some of those 36 hours ?

Where is the sympathy for me because I cannot play the game since I work for a school board and school just started and i've been doing 12 hours shifts for the last week ???

2 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

Should I feel sympathy for him working 36 hours straight ?

Or maybe should I feel jealousy for him being at PAX West for at least some of those 36 hours ?

Where is the sympathy for me because I cannot play the game since I work for a school board and school just started and i've been doing 12 hours shifts for the last week ???

No one suggested sympathy.

Fact is, the world communicates on Social Media.

When Pepsi wants to advertise a new product or special event they tweet about it, not post on forums.

When the Red Socks/49ers etc win a game, they Tweet about it, not post it on forums.

When the US President wants to say something to the world, they Tweet about it, not post on forums.

The problem is people expecting Wildcard to communicate the way they want, instead of looking for the communication in the place the whole world communicates.

Take it from an old guy, ya gotta learn, grow and adapt to the times, or you just get left behind. 

53 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

If you ever had to go sell your product at those events you'd know that it is a sleepless exhausting week. Going multiple days without sleep is very common. It's work, not fun.

I have been to multiple Pax events and those booths never have more than 2 people or so at them. I know they are there to sell their broken game to new suckers like us but I also know what they delayed their release more than once and this is day three of thier launch with only a handful of server. Get off their jock and hold this company accountable for their complete failure of a launch. 

3 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

No one suggested sympathy.

Fact is, the world communicates on Social Media.

When Pepsi wants to advertise a new product or special event they tweet about it, not post on forums.

When the Red Socks/49ers etc win a game, they Tweet about it, not post it on forums.

When the US President wants to say something to the world, they Tweet about it, not post on forums.

The problem is people expecting Wildcard to communicate the way they want, instead of looking for the communication in the place the whole world communicates.

Take it from an old guy, ya gotta learn, grow and adapt to the times, or you just get left behind. 

I seriously can't wait for Trump to declare the start of WW3 on Twitter. I'll stop paying my creditcard debts and just go raptor every chick I can find out there. 

1 minute ago, Bassplayer said:

I have been to multiple Pax events and those booths never have more than 2 people or so at them. I know they are there to sell their broken game to new suckers like us but I also know what they delayed their release more than once and this is day three of thier launch with only a handful of server. Get off their jock and hold this company accountable for their complete failure of a launch. 

How do you know it's a failure? Are you their marketing or finance department???

That's how these things are measured, by market penetration & gross profit.

I'd explain all the things that go on for a trade show that you don't see and how much work they are, but I know it'll fall on deaf ears. 

Just now, powerstuck said:

I seriously can't wait for Trump to declare the start of WW3 on Twitter. I'll stop paying my creditcard debts and just go raptor every chick I can find out there. 

Well, can't say that was appropriate, or funny. Maybe if it was in person it would be, but in text it came off a lil creepy. Sorry dude.

Archived