Anybody Else Lost Motivation?

Crows

Has anybody else lost motivation to grind, tame, raise and even like, play because of dupers?

I hate to admit it, but we have... because we don't dupe. Now you may think, what a lousy/dramatized excuse, but it actually isn't and I will briefly explain why. We started over 6 months ago on PS4, official pvp. We've been on the same server since. We spent over 5 months on our base alone and grinded almost every day. We had the strongest base on the server. Our allies slowly got raided/taken out by big tribes from other servers who were blatantly duping (I could write paragraphs on that alone.) 

Now things have calmed down, but our friends and allies went down the duping route to fight fire with fire (I won't ever expose my friends, so don't ask) and they now all have full Tek bases and countless numbers of turrets, filled to the brim with ammo they duped. 

We're sitting here like, Well, what do we do now?... continue to play properly and grind bullets for our turrets (which we've already been doing for months anyway...) and raise rex's to attempt to kill bosses for a little bit of element to build tek structures, while other tribes have hundreds of Tek foundations, walls, ceilings, pillars and even 20+ Tek behemoth gates around their bases? I think we'd be insane to continue the legit grind... like, what is even the point? is there any point? I'm struggling to find a reason to continue. I'm sure there's other players out there who are in the exact same position... 

The new servers are going to be awesome for this very reason. Two things, the dupers are going to be bored and go over to the new servers on launch. Or the dupers are going to find that people that are receiving abuse, go to the new servers where you couldn't dupe your crap. If duping cannot continue, it may very well be that they will exhaust their resources over time. See how the game is in 6 months.

Of course if Wildcard drops the ball and duping happens on the new servers, they deserve to have steam accept refunds.

This is why legacy is dead. Can't even call it official anymore.

Its like if someone from a player dedicated came in here and bragged about how many turrets they have. Who cares? It's not "legit." Apple's and oranges, doesn't hold up to the standard supposed to be set by officials.

Now, if duping is kept off the new officials, same thing will happen to legacy because I don't think the damage can be undone. Maybe further duping will be ended, but those servers have been compromised. No way to distinguish someone who is 100% legit on legacy who hasn't interacted either directly or indirectly with anything that resulted either directly or indirectly from duping.

So you won't be an official player anymore if u stay, just a legacy player...

Archived