If you could have only one Dino

SmokeyB

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diplocaulus, fun and versatile. Almost always over looked. I like it because if you have the time to tame one and drag it back to a base near the ocean. It gives you all kinds of access to goods such as chitin, oil, black pearls, silica pearls for trading with other tribes. and dare I say deep sea loot crates when you can loot them. Plus it's so darn cute I wanna hug it.

9 hours ago, Dinopolis said:

Diplocaulus, fun and versatile. Almost always over looked. I like it because if you have the time to tame one and drag it back to a base near the ocean. It gives you all kinds of access to goods such as chitin, oil, black pearls, silica pearls for trading with other tribes. and dare I say deep sea loot crates when you can loot them. Plus it's so darn cute I wanna hug it.

I like the Benedict Cumberbatch of Ark as well, but as my one and only creature? No. For collecting resources I'd rather get a Therizino or a Mantis.

I'd go for Anky, manual harvesting of obsidian/metal/crystal/oil would be too much pain. Stone will go as byproduct of other resources, thatch is easy, for wood you can use it as a transport to haul manually chopped wood. It can also harvest berries. All you left to do manually are pearls and all of the animal harvesting, but weight is much less of a problem here, and you still can haul it with anky.

1 hour ago, DomiDarko said:

I like the Benedict Cumberbatch of Ark as well, but as my one and only creature? No. For collecting resources I'd rather get a Therizino or a Mantis.

Kinda like saying a screw driver is good for all jobs but ultimately they have only one purpose and that is to screw. Either of those can't gather the above mentioned from trilobites  effectively and going under water is something neither of the two really excel at. I'll take my Benedict Cumberbatch and go now to find some loot crates. :)

Archived