Wow this flyer nerf is beyond overkill.

ReturnToArk

11 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I think the birds are still too strong. I use my bird 95% of the time, I have all these land dinos that never leave my base. Outdated and outclassed by aerial dinos.

There should have been a nerf to birds.  This is way too much and grindy.  If they weren't going to take the time to find the right middle ground then they could have buffed up those "outdated and outclassed" ground dinos to get with the times.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The solution was to simply cap the max each creature could have in speed. Would have made everybody happy. Instead they destroyed the entire flight mechanics. I won't play without the "Classic Flyers" mod now. I feel the pain of those on consoles who can't use it. In fact if Classic Flyers ever goes away I will likely leave Ark. I love my land-based dinos (raptors, allos, rexes, a giga, and wolves atm) but I also enjoy being able to farm for metal ore without spending an entire day walking to the freaking mountain to get it! This was probably the worst move made by the devs and really the only major change I have not agreed with in any way, shape, or form. I mean surely it would have been easier just to prevent increasing the speed attribute beyond a certain limit, right? You know, a simple if check...

21 hours ago, WickedRecluse said:

Nope, I don't need that same sense of empowerment that you clearly seek. I think it's absolutely raptoring retarded that people are still whining on the subject after so long. THAT is my opinion. YOU'RE the one with an issue with others, mine, opinions. Which is shown by your failed verbal assault. Take this L.

My failed verbal assault?  Did I call you a crybaby?  A whiner perhaps?  Nope that was you buddy.  Nice try on deflecting though.

On 7/29/2017 at 2:59 PM, Ulta said:

If only WC would consider giving all flyers (except Quetzal) a way to dive down and then pull up to gain speed like the Griffin does...would probably quell about 80% of the people still complaining about the flyer nerf (the remaining would be those who still want the Quetzal fast).

I don't need that since it would make it more like flying modern aircraft and some idiot would find a way to exploit it. I do agree through, the quetz should not be a 200% bird. It is like the C-130 aircraft. It can carry land vehicles but it is NOT fast. Empty it tops out just under 370mph. I still believe caps is the way to go so we can still choose some degree of speed or other stats for our birds, but I am not complaining because I use Classic Flyers. Oh and the author is discussing putting caps in to appeal to people who don't like jets in Ark, but also dislike the "slower than dilos" version out there now. WC should have given us options here, that's the big thing.

Archived