New servers are pointless if your not gonna fix the ddos duping...

Cloud24

It's a pretty simple fix but might require some legwork on their part since it changes crossark fundamentally.  My understanding is it entirely contingent crashing servers and the asynchronous aspect of loading Dino's to the ark for transfer.  There's about 5 ways I can think of fixing it just off the top of my head and I'm sure they though of more.  Fixing that fixes mist of the intentional crashing.

Legacy servers will not be able to play with Fresh start servers and Fresh start servers will be new code,new network,seperate from what is live now/legacy servers.This is to remove any possible chance of dupped items and exploits/cheats.And just a heads up,everyone is probably going top have to do a re install for this new netowrk of fresh start servers.

If your a new player and you want to play and you do not know what server network to join,I would not join the Legacy network which is the network that is live now,I would wait for the fresh start clean servers befor I started palying for real and commited to this game.Your not going to want to jon a community that is already established if your looking for true emmersion.Leveling up on a clean server is where all the fun is.Not leveling up on a controled server.

Title says it all,  there is no point making new servers,  sectioning off all the existing players,  if the duping is not fixed. 

Yeah maybe they won't have tek gates to dupe,  but at early game it would even be useful to dupe silly things like fert and stone walls or grenades.  Then in a day or two they be duping metal behemoth gates, ind forges and then it's back too how it was and the whole legacy server thing was pointless.

New players will hate this game if the only thing to do is join a mega tribe and sit around duping all day.  No farming no taming just crash the server repeatedly. And if they don't want to do that they will just get wiped by the people who do. 

Archived