Saber cat remodel

CeaselessFish

2 hours ago, CeaselessFish said:

Is it just me that thinks that not all 'battle dino's' need a combat based special ability? It's still a good combat mount. Does decent damage. And with the fall damage reduction now too I think it would be really good for scouting. It basically fits the dossier now to a tee. 

The thing is...

It's basically an inferior thyla, which not only does more damage, has more hp, also has the fall damage reduction, but can also climb cliffs. Maybe the saber is slightly faster, but I doubt it was exempted from the speed nerf. And noe if you want speed for scouting, use an equus, which can still gain a lot of speed per level.

2 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

The thing is...

It's basically an inferior thyla, which not only does more damage, has more hp, also has the fall damage reduction, but can also climb cliffs. Maybe the saber is slightly faster, but I doubt it was exempted from the speed nerf. And noe if you want speed for scouting, use an equus, which can still gain a lot of speed per level.

It's  also a lot easier to tame a saber than a Thyla. I absolutely agree that the Thyla is better in every respect. one would just use sabers before having access to Thylas. Just like with plenty of other things in the game. Raptors aren't particularly amazing at anything. But they deserve a remodel all the same and still have a use for tribes early game. 

4 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

The thing is...

Saber was also a recipient of faster base speed.  I actually did extensive testing in single player to see which of the small mounts that allowed rider weaponry were now the fastest to see what my new PvP skirmishing and sniping mount would be and saber is far and away a step ahead of everything now from thylas, baryonyx, and terror birds.  Only thing that rivaled it was baryonyx (which didn't get much speed per level but was fast as fresh tame but fell behind if you plan on leveling movespeed) and raptor (which had lower starting speed than saber but faster than the other tested mounts, but marginally better speed per level than sabers, but sabers still win out unless both spend dozens and dozens of points in speed then the raptor wins barely).

2 hours ago, CeaselessFish said:

It's  also a lot easier to tame a saber than a Thyla. I absolutely agree that the Thyla is better in every respect. one would just use sabers before having access to Thylas. Just like with plenty of other things in the game. Raptors aren't particularly amazing at anything. But they deserve a remodel all the same and still have a use for tribes early game. 

still, I think true balance is only achieved when no creature becomes obsolete. If it had an interesting alt attack, for example a pounce like the thyla that can be used on the ground after moving slowly/not moving for a short time that would pin creatures up to human size, then it could be useful for ambushes or something.

Or even have it be able to temporarily cripple large dinos by attacking their legs, thus slowing them down, like a large cat would do. (as mentioned earlier, sabertooth salmon bleed effect would suffice)

Archived