Yurt prison on PvE

skeeta

As some of you may know, I've been having problems with a tribe on my PvE Prim+ server. Wiping me (and others) several times with Gigas and laying down laws as to where we can or can't build. 
I've since moved to a new, Giga proof base but that hasn't stopped him.

He has a few buildings around the hidden lake but the lake itself is clear so i stopped there last night to grab a little CP from the beaver dams and he told me to leave. I emptied the dam I was in and went back to the two Sabertooths (Saberteeth???) I had in the taming pen of my old base ruins but he followed me and told me never to enter his "base" again. I replied by asking him if he was purposely preventing people from accessing resources and he failed to reply. I didn't know what he was doing after that. Yes he was getting in my way and making life difficult but nothing more than an irritation. Eventually my starve timer sounded and I had to go get prime. That was what he'd been waiting for.

As soon as I was out of range of my base and attacking a Stego something suddenly covered me. I was confused to start with and didn't know what was going on. It turned out it was a yurt he'd built on me and he blocked the door with a foundation and a wall. I was trapped, had no way of getting out and was being taunted in chat so after taking a few screenshots I transferred my gear to the bird, put him on neutral and suicided. I watched the yurt from the woods for a good half hour but he didn't come back so I had no choice but to log off. I have no idea what's become of my bird until tomorrow morning so I'll just keep my fingers crossed that he ends up fighting an argy and hovering somewhere. I really don't want to lose him. He's the best bird I've ever tamed. 2.5k stam, 2k weight and 360+ melee. 

I've reported the incident to WC and submitted 6 photos and a video as evidence. I've had the auto reply email back and now wait to see what they do. They DO need to do something about this. Trapping other players dinos is on their own list of serious banning offences and if nothing gets done this moron will be doing this to me and others everytime he sees us out and about. Above and beyond that, yurts need to be removed from PvE (along with anything else that can be used in the same way) because there's no defense against it. Once you're in you're stuck. I'll be placing a foundation next to anything I'm taming from now on but that's just a work around for a problem that shouldn't exist and putting one down everytime I land is stupid.

One problem is that they ask for his gamertag when creating the ticket and I don't have a clue. I wouldn't know how to even find out so I had to put unknown in that box. They have his character name, tribe name and the location of the incident so I can't see how it can matter.

33 minutes ago, skeeta said:

As some of you may know, I've been having problems with a tribe on my PvE Prim+ server. Wiping me (and others) several times with Gigas and laying down laws as to where we can or can't build. 
I've since moved to a new, Giga proof base but that hasn't stopped him.

He has a few buildings around the hidden lake but the lake itself is clear so i stopped there last night to grab a little CP from the beaver dams and he told me to leave. I emptied the dam I was in and went back to the two Sabertooths (Saberteeth???) I had in the taming pen of my old base ruins but he followed me and told me never to enter his "base" again. I replied by asking him if he was purposely preventing people from accessing resources and he failed to reply. I didn't know what he was doing after that. Yes he was getting in my way and making life difficult but nothing more than an irritation. Eventually my starve timer sounded and I had to go get prime. That was what he'd been waiting for.

As soon as I was out of range of my base and attacking a Stego something suddenly covered me. I was confused to start with and didn't know what was going on. It turned out it was a yurt he'd built on me and he blocked the door with a foundation and a wall. I was trapped, had no way of getting out and was being taunted in chat so after taking a few screenshots I transferred my gear to the bird, put him on neutral and suicided. I watched the yurt from the woods for a good half hour but he didn't come back so I had no choice but to log off. I have no idea what's become of my bird until tomorrow morning so I'll just keep my fingers crossed that he ends up fighting an argy and hovering somewhere. I really don't want to lose him. He's the best bird I've ever tamed. 2.5k stam, 2k weight and 360+ melee. 

I've reported the incident to WC and submitted 6 photos and a video as evidence. I've had the auto reply email back and now wait to see what they do. They DO need to do something about this. Trapping other players dinos is on their own list of serious banning offences and if nothing gets done this moron will be doing this to me and others everytime he sees us out and about. Above and beyond that, yurts need to be removed from PvE (along with anything else that can be used in the same way) because there's no defense against it. Once you're in you're stuck. I'll be placing a foundation next to anything I'm taming from now on but that's just a work around for a problem that shouldn't exist and putting one down everytime I land is stupid.

One problem is that they ask for his gamertag when creating the ticket and I don't have a clue. I wouldn't know how to even find out so I had to put unknown in that box. They have his character name, tribe name and the location of the incident so I can't see how it can matter.

Start > Options > Check Box Where it says Chat Show Gamertag

Lol sorry guys. I didn't realise it wasn't a vanilla item. 

If anyone is interested, I logged on this morning after work and the Argy had been killed by a lvl 20 therizinosaurus. He must have been in a couple of fights first because he'd have messed up a lvl 20 therizinosaurus normally. 

Did my post really need to be moved to prim plus? Maybe the yurt is a prim plus item but this kind of thing is defo a global pve issue and the general forum will give it the most views. 

Archived