Solo Stat Build

joey123

It depends what you want to do. My solo l build emphasizes weight (300+), so you can actually do things in the game. It's so crucial. Do not overlook weight as a solo player. 

My current stat build is something like this:

330 health (may be a little over kill)

150 stam

base ox/water/food

200 melee

330 weight

130+ movement speed

I go with something around 200 health and stamina, 350 weight, 130 speed, 300 oxygen and a bunch in fortitude. The oxygen and fortitude mostly being justified by my laziness when it comes to grabbing specialized gear before going places. Anything else I don't touch. It's all personal preference though.

Health - I think you want some of this regardless of playstyle, simple because you can take a beating no matter what. Dimos, thyla grabs, theri splash damage, ... some things just get at the player no matter what.
Stamina - just enough to not run out in whatever situations you tend to end up in, but fairly cheap to boost a little.
Oxygen - this can be compensated by gear easily. If this is high enough, you can survive a DC without drowning though, depending on your load time. Cheap to get some extra of. With 300 I can take my basilo through the Cavern of Lost Faith without scuba tank, or dive it down to kill nasties even near the ocean floor.
Food/Water - unless you really don't like paying any attention to these whatsoever, I don't think they have much benefit. Food and water are common to find or cary.
Weight - as said before, big deal, huge convenience, worth getting up to a nice number, regardless of playstyle.
Melee - depends on playstyle, it doesn't affect ranged weapons, and your mount may be doing all your melee for you.
Movement Speed - can be nice getting around your base faster at all levels, and at 120-130 being able to outrun raptors and the like can be a nice safety net. Fairly costly to level up though, so might depend on playstyle if it's worth it.
Fortitude - Gear can make up for much of this, and it comes fairly costly, but it's a great convenience stat to have some of. Helps with dealing with temperatures, hunger/thirst, resist torpor and poison, ... fairly universal.

That's all PvE perspective though.

39 minutes ago, joey123 said:

Wow thanks for the advice guys really appreciate it . i was going to go with a tanky build like health , fort , melee but  it really seems i should focus on the weight ... so now i was thinking health fort and weight just to keep me going and make trips easier 

Heads up. Fort is neigh a useless stat. It does help with temp resistance if that's what you are looking for (but the appropriate gear does this so much better), but it offers no torpidity resistance. The only effect it has on torpor is how fast your torpor decreases. So if your into being "club resistant" you will need good flak/riot helmets. I'm at 0 torpidity right now and I combat PVE and PVP torpor by constantly carrying stimulants on my hot bar. 

9 minutes ago, Teddansen said:

Before they mind wiped us i had a weight setup then I changed it to speed stamina and melee i think it's around 300 melee 250ish stam  and 300ish speed and i just love being a speedy lil punk . But at the same time i miss being ane to carry a ton of weight so yeah it just delen sa on your style of play 

I assume you mean 200ish, because 300 is 100 levels into speed lol

Joey123 - you can filter the servers to show only those where you have a survivor (options at bottom left of the server browser screen).  

Filter by PVE/PVP etc to narrow them down even further.

Its easy to log into each one in turn and find the one your old character was on.

Then favourite the server and set the server browser to show only your favourites.  Done.

Make and use Mind Wipe Tonic for re-applying your stats.

7 hours ago, RedRavenHeng said:

Joey123 - you can filter the servers to show only those where you have a survivor (options at bottom left of the server browser screen).  

Filter by PVE/PVP etc to narrow them down even further.

Its easy to log into each one in turn and find the one your old character was on.

Then favourite the server and set the server browser to show only your favourites.  Done.

Make and use Mind Wipe Tonic for re-applying your stats.

If he's on PC, yeah. If he's on Xbox or PS4, they don't have the survivors option

If you want your character back search by map, game type and EU/NA.  Load into each one, it's a pain but could save you time depending on how leveled you were.

if you're starting fresh in PvE, I'd aim for 200 HP, 140 Stam, 250 weight and a few points in speed to begin with.  You're going to want enough health/speed to survive/escape an attack.  You're also going to want Stam and weight or you will be wasting a lot of time waiting for Stam/making trips being encumbered.  Now that my tribe is all 90+ we love 500 weight.  Carrying two stacks of ingots (or what ever) is very convienent.  

As tempting as it may be, do not put points into water/food/crafting or oxygen.

On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 11:32 AM, DetectiveAtLarge said:

Heads up. Fort is neigh a useless stat. It does help with temp resistance if that's what you are looking for (but the appropriate gear does this so much better), but it offers no torpidity resistance. The only effect it has on torpor is how fast your torpor decreases. So if your into being "club resistant" you will need good flak/riot helmets. I'm at 0 torpidity right now and I combat PVE and PVP torpor by constantly carrying stimulants on my hot bar. 

Wrong. Fortitude is the only stat that has multiple uses, hence its the least useless.

Deplete torpor faster

Insulation to heat and cold

Lower consumption for food and water drain

Allows you to wear good armour anywhere (bar ice cave and extreme cold) 

Love it.

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Wrong. Fortitude is the only stat that has multiple uses, hence its the least useless.

Deplete torpor faster

Insulation to heat and cold

Lower consumption for food and water drain

Allows you to wear good armour anywhere (bar ice cave and extreme cold) 

Love it.

Haha I said all of the points you mentioned in my post but even with that impact on the game I believe that points into it yield less return value than points into other stats :)

Archived