how much meat for multiple babies?

Mephos

I did breed and hatch one animal at a time normally. But this weekend we wanted to try to hatch multiple babies.

2x T-Rex

2x Raptor

2x Argentavis

2x Dire Wolf

So, I did the math on those and 1 filled feeding trough should work over night for all those 8 babies. Can someone please help me and tell me how much meat I need over night if 1 or 2 full troughs are needed (or more).

Any help is appriciated to prevent babies from dying (which is the saddest thing ever programmed!)

1 minute ago, Mephos said:

I did breed and hatch one animal at a time normally. But this weekend we wanted to try to hatch multiple babies.

2x T-Rex

2x Raptor

2x Argentavis

2x Dire Wolf

So, I did the math on those and 1 filled feeding trough should work over night for all those 8 babies. Can someone please help me and tell me how much meat I need over night if 1 or 2 full troughs are needed (or more).

Any help is appriciated to prevent babies from dying (which is the saddest thing ever programmed!)

You will need a literal tonne of meat. I know a rex takes about 10 k meat to fully grow. 8 carnivores will be getting through an insane amount of meat. My tribe has like 8 fridges we fill with meat for breeding and we have never tried breeding more than 4 at a time

I play on a private server with increased breeding speed (3x or 4x) I guess. So I don´t think they need as much as on the offical. Still I think they will need quite a lot ^^ that´s why I´m asking here.

2x Rex = 9333 food * 2 = 18666 food

1x dire wolf = 4912 food

2x raptor = 3733 food *2 = 7466 food

1x argentavis = 5490 food

Total of 36534 food. Breeding multiplier is x4 = 9133,4 food

In that case will one fully topped trough be enough over night for those animals? I just want to prevent that they die over night.

A trough can hold 48000 food for 13 hours.

10 minutes ago, Darmaniac said:

if the speed is faster.. they eat faster no ? thats what i think at least.. but playing with does number is plain....... (insert your favorite word) stupid.

No they do not eat faster when the speed is configured faster. On our server we have x10 and a Quetz for example has about 16 hours to grow. This needs maximum 1000 meat at all.

Edit: We have configured BabyFoodConsumptionSpeedMultiplier=0.3 too. So with only x10 factor, it will need about 3000 meat.

• Volunteer Moderator

What will get you is spoilage.  (apologies in advance, as I will probably tell you some stuff you already know).

For one trough, you can place 60 stacks of 20 meat, 1200 meat total.  And, lets say, this trough goes untouched, because you have other troughs they are using first.

After 40 minutes(Arkepdia says 4X spoil time for a trough), 1 piece from each stack will spoil; it will actually be less on the first loading because you will lose time while it is on your character.  After that, the timer resets to 40; and this is a good time to top off all of the meat stacks, so that you get max time when you log off.  Anyway, every 40 minutes, you available meat goes down by 60.

Anyway, if they are eating from a different trough at first(which is also going to have the spoiling issue), by the time they get to the next trough, there will be very little left in it.  So, you need to make sure you are back in time.

However, and I have not tried this myself, you could use cooked meat and cooked meat jerky in a trough.  It will last much longer, but, the juveniles will need to eat more of it as it satisfies their hunger less; therefore, you will need more of it.  If you do this, you will need to make sure you put it in the trough(s) they will eat from last; and they don't necessarily eat from the closest trough first.

Also, if you get twins or triplets from any of those eggs, you will need even more; I got twin Qs and twin Gigas on my last hatching!  So, it is better to over plan and over prepare; would rather waste meat and make a few extra troughs than have the babies die after spending a lot of time hatching them and raising them.

Finally, if you are not aware, you can pre-hatch the eggs in advance.  That is, you let them get almost to the point of hatching and then put them back in the fridge.  Then, when you are ready, you take them out and let them finish hatching.  This breaks up your marathon session.

we have 2 fridges full of meat atm. once the animal is hatched and above the 10% we will put all that meat in 1 trough and start farming again until fridge is full.
I think I can hold up with the supply of meat when I´m online. However I´m always worried about the night because I can´t judge how much meat 8 animals
 eat over the course of 8-10 hours. I know it spoils but lets see it like this:

a trough has 48.000 food units for 13 hours. 24.000 units will spoil within 7 hours. My animals eat in 7 hours how much food? if it is less than 24000 than they will not hunger. if its is more then I have an issue and they probably will starve to death.

However I will probably prepare a 2nd or 3rd tough with cooked meat for backup if they don´t use the fresh one. is there any way how I could tell from which trough they would eat first? or will they always prefer fresh meat over cooked meat?

damn, I calculated the feeding trough with 48 slots instead of 60. Actually its 60.000 units.

60 slots * 20 meat = 1200 meat * 50 food value = 60.000 food value for 1 feeding trough

I think I calculated that way because the fridge has 48 slots and we always just put 1 fridge in 1 trough (take all, remove all etc.)

• 1 year later...

I hatched 17 pteras the other weekend during a 2x event, I was fine leaving them overnight w/ 8 troughs full...

Now this weekend i hatch 8 rexes and get 4 w/ the stats i want to keep, so my brain does the math and assumes half the troughs for 1/4 the amount of dinos should do the trick. 

well they died. So is there a spreadsheet or document somewhere that lists the amount of food baby dinos eat so i can better prepare? Im assuming rexes require far more meat than pteras, but are there numbers i can look at somewhere instead of going off what everybody thinks "sounds right".

• 1 month later...

Archived