re-balance The long Await Flyer Re-balance is finally here, what are your thoughts on it?

Bolty

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, tidalblade said:

One of the problems is that imprinting quetz gave it move speed, which was the only worthwhile state gained on a PVE server.  My weight transport quetz had no points in speed before, so maybe its the same speed now, which is great.  My dino transport quetz is worthless right now, as all the dinos are faster than it.

I didn't think of this before, but on PVE servers quetz are worthless aside from weight transport/flying turret platforms for golem taming.  Breeding them is useless on PVE now, along with every other flyer.  The only reason I bred flyers was for the imprint speed bonus.

no offence dude but half the game is worthless if you play pve.

5 hours ago, Fnier said:

Another example of a moderator being a smart "Donkey" lol not going to trap me.  Why don't you do your job and let folks express themselves with out getting all high and mighty.   The community moderators on this web sight might very well be the worst in the world.  At least you have that.  And the flyer nerf is still a joke they went about it the wrong way.  and if they wanted to fix it they would revert it back to how it was and then make minor adjustments over time.  And to solve there PVE v PVP they should have different stats on the dino's for those modes.   Thank god Mass Effect came out giving me something fun to play now that Ark is unplayable.

Why aren't you playing it? 

Is it any good btw?

This is still no where close to where it needs to be...

I'll be honest I'm still more than a little salty that thanks to this nerf I had fliers that lost 36+ levels that I worked on for days but hey... not problem a let's just make the game more grindy and less fun that's the ticket... I don't where they came up with no one was using their ground dino's... I died more to ground dino's with riders and wild dino's than I ever did to fliers.

Sadly Wildcards responses seem to make little to no sense they trotted out v2.0 like it was the fix to world hunger like this would make everyone happy again... well it didn't.

I will again suggest that you allow us the option to disable the "nerf/Fix" on our private servers and we'll see where all the players actually go. That seems to be a much better factual test of their numbers and theories.

@Volcano637 sir you sound an awful lot like a corporate pitch/spin/PR man I guessing the Don Draper picture is no accident. Since all you seem to do is try to antagonize or disagree with anyone who isn't talking about how great the change and wildcard are...

they didit

2 minutes ago, BreadN said:

Bunch of babies calling the game unplayable and raging. It is still very much playable, in fact more playable than ever. Dev's caved to all the unnecessary bashing and rude comments, and added stats to the fliers and now I just read someone calling the dev's "inept". Get off your high horse and just play the game. 

but but but I can no longer carry 5000 metal on my 400 speed ptera!!!!! :( 

12 minutes ago, LE4SoDeadly said:

no offence dude but half the game is worthless if you play pve.

Why would I be offended, your opinion is silly.

I've put years into games where all the time you put in can be lost in a night while you are offline.  It was great when I did, but I don't have the time or passion for that at this point in my life, so I play PVE and I enjoy it thoroughly.

9 minutes ago, BreadN said:

Bunch of babies calling the game unplayable and raging. It is still very much playable, in fact more playable than ever. Dev's caved to all the unnecessary bashing and rude comments, and added stats to the fliers and now I just read someone calling the dev's "inept". Get off your high horse and just play the game. 

When people say unplayable they are obviously exaggerating, because they are upset.

What people are concerned about is losing work they have put in, and getting sick of the game because they have to spend more of their time doing things that aren't fun in the game, for example, traveling slowly.

17 minutes ago, ArksownCthulhu said:

This is still no where close to where it needs to be...

I'll be honest I'm still more than a little salty that thanks to this nerf I had fliers that lost 36+ levels that I worked on for days but hey... not problem a let's just make the game more grindy and less fun that's the ticket... I don't where they came up with no one was using their ground dino's... I died more to ground dino's with riders and wild dino's than I ever did to fliers.

Sadly Wildcards responses seem to make little to no sense they trotted out v2.0 like it was the fix to world hunger like this would make everyone happy again... well it didn't.

I will again suggest that you allow us the option to disable the "nerf/Fix" on our private servers and we'll see where all the players actually go. That seems to be a much better factual test of their numbers and theories.

@Volcano637 sir you sound an awful lot like a corporate pitch/spin/PR man I guessing the Don Draper picture is no accident. Since all you seem to do is try to antagonize or disagree with anyone who isn't talking about how great the change and wildcard are...

In correct. I agree and give out rep multiple times a day. I also try to give people hope. If they take that as a bad thing that's not on me.

and also to stay on topic I will try to help you. They did not act like v2 was the final buff and they said more was coming. I argue with people because they over exaggerate. 

The people that give actual feedback, I usually agree with their ideas

Just now, Volcano637 said:

Ah ok. Never did pve. You like it?

and I would definitely recommend no tame

Yes, I've been playing PVP games for almost 20 years, so I don't really need it to have fun anymore.  And losing everything I work for while offline isn't something I can really deal with, especially with all the time it takes to get established.  The amount of time I can play is limited because of work, and I don't want to have scheduled activities in the game, I have a family so being able to step away at any time is something I enjoy.

I also play alone (on an official server) because I don't necessarily want to deal with other people more than I have to.  Solo PVP doesn't really seem like a viable thing in ARK.

13 minutes ago, tidalblade said:

Why would I be offended, your opinion is silly.

I've put years into games where all the time you put in can be lost in a night while you are offline.  It was great when I did, but I don't have the time or passion for that at this point in my life, so I play PVE and I enjoy it thoroughly.

ok ok it was poorly worded but there's a lot of content that serves no purpose in pve. like why even tame a giga in pve?or build a turret? maybe I'm being short sighted. as for offline raiding don't get me started that's the worse part of this game the lack of ORP it serves no purpose other then making the game pro troll.

This is nothing but taking the cake and giving back breadcrumps.  Its still impossible to level up movement speed on flyers. More importantly, quetz still cannot regenerate stamina when dismounted midair. Which was pretty much the most distinctive feature of quetz. And wild quetzals never land to regain stamina, so taking that ability away from tamed quetzals almost completely beats the point of taming one. Devs should come to their sense and give the ability to regenerate stamina when dismounted midair back to quetz.

After testing it all evening, I only feel quetzal is more at point. Everything else is slow, heavy makes me feel heavy. Nothing is powerful just weak. It's just all bad. For real there was minimal change to everything what's going on? 

I am not happy about this, for PC players this is like a console version. And it's pure boring the devs need to wake up. 

Wyverns are still a fish in dry land, can't do nothing. Just flopping around.

Please make flyers work again and keep pvp and pve two seperate "mode" if you understand it.

5 minutes ago, tidalblade said:

Yes, I've been playing PVP games for almost 20 years, so I don't really need it to have fun anymore.  And losing everything I work for while offline isn't something I can really deal with, especially with all the time it takes to get established.  The amount of time I can play is limited because of work, and I don't want to have scheduled activities in the game, I have a family so being able to step away at any time is something I enjoy.

I also play alone (on an official server) because I don't necessarily want to deal with other people more than I have to.  Solo PVP doesn't really seem like a viable thing in ARK.

I totally agree with you, especially the off lining part. Some people disagree with me but I think that is cowardly.

and yes solo is tough, though two people are still viable. Anyways, hopefully they can work things out pve wise. I totally get it, you guys just want to have fun building 

Just now, LE4SoDeadly said:

ok ok it was poorly worded but there's a lot of content that serves no purpose in pve. like why even tame a giga in pve?or build a turret? maybe I'm being short sighted. as for offline raiding don't get me started that's the worse part of this game the lack of ORP it serves no purpose other then making the game pro troll.

Why not tame a giga? I still get to ride it around killing stuff, its a bigger stronger Rex.  I don't have one yet, but I plan on getting one.

True turrets are basically useless, but that's only one small thing.

PVE ark is basically good looking minecraft with dinos.  I enjoy building and collecting strong dinos...

7 minutes ago, Sorrelon said:

quetz still cannot regenerate stamina when dismounted midair. Which was pretty much the most distinctive feature of quetz. And wild quetzals never land to regain stamina, so taking that ability away from tamed quetzals almost completely beats the poin

That a lie right here, ability to have platform while flying ability to carry larger dino. 

ITS A FKING LIE !

7 minutes ago, LE4SoDeadly said:

You are officially a cool guy now. Loved everything in this post.

i still think that raising health by 5x towards structures and adding 5 times damage towards turrets as long as nobody is online in the tribe would be a good idea.

either you raid someone that's online or spend a lot more time grinding to be able to offline someone. Cowards

1 minute ago, Carcajou said:

That a lie right here, ability to have platform while flying ability to carry larger dino. 

ITS A FKING LIE !

You mean the ability to fly for 20 meters (or even less if you carry anything), then run out of stamina, land and wait for 21397123 hours to regain your stamina?

Besides, since that flyer nerft patch quetz cannot regenerate stamina when dismounted midair, there was no lie in that statement.

54 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Game Developers used to have to pay for Q+A and Testers, to be fair. The work we're doing for the developers is substantial, and while I'm not sure it breaks even with the server upkeep/cost vs tester pay/salary, it's a thing that exists.

The developers know that there will be whining, gnashing of teeth and such over nerfs (Particularly as bad as Wildcard is at handling, well, basically anything and everything PR related), but the quality and quantity of testing in an EA environment like this is nearly unmatched. 

I wouldn't mind being their PR rep. If I was getting paid good money for it, people would actually believe it was raining while wildcard peed on their leg.

• GP locked this topic

Archived