New mod out to override flier nerf

steffeeh

Not sure if people know about this already, but I just discovered that there is already a mod overriding the flier nerf. Downloaded it, and it works, I could get back my speed level for my Ptera.

It's called "Classic Flyers", so just search for it in the workshop. Hopefully it will stay updated as well so it adapts to the new rebalancing update that Wildcard is about to add.

Of course this is only relevant if you're on singleplayer or if you're on a private server where the admin is willing to add it.

However it would be neat if all people wanting back the old flier stats FOR NOW would get the mod, as then the devs can see how many gamers actually preferred the old settings or disliked their approach, by the devs looking at how many people have this mod.

18 minutes ago, Enex said:

The only upside to this whole debacle has been our private server giving up rolling vanilla and starting to experiment with mods. It's more or less a vote of "No Confidence" in these flier changes going forward. Some of those mods look fun though, so we've got that going for us. Which is nice.

We are doing the same. We had been sticking to the "pure" version of the game but 256 (and especially .30) has forced us to give up on that. I'm guessing that as it becomes clear that the devs don't care more servers will switch. it's kinda sad but like you said some of the mods do look cool.

7 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Its kinda sad to see that nay-sayers for the flyer change have to force advertise the mod to make their point.

P.S. Flyer v2 patch is amazing, but you wont know because "mod".

It's kinda sad to see that nay-sayers for the flyers (not the nerf) have to post here to make their point.

PS: I wont know about Flyer v2 patch because I simple stopped...

Archived