Notice All Those For The Flyer Nerf Have Barely Hundreds Hours Logged?

theronin

See, the only use the ground creatures have had up until now, is standing in an Egg farm, popping out eggs constantly, without ever being used.

With this 'nerf', they can finally be put to some use, for once.

I am still hoping they'll balance it further, but for now, i'll be enjoying my ground creatures a lot more.

The game was getting a bit boring, especially on unofficials where flight speed reaches 300+ on some.

It is a survival game at the end of the day. Without having to worry about anything at all, the survival part flies out the window to be honest.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Sure thing. Let me just pull 5 more hours a day out of Narnia so I can farm some more, and maybe have some PvP sometime this month. 

Perhaps that's the point. Pre-nerf, anyone who got a flyer pretty much vaulted over a huge part of progression in the early game, and the Quetzal significantly accelerated late-game progression. The Argy, Tape, and Wyvern all aggravated that issue in various ways. Now, you're not going to be able to get 10k metal in 15 minutes. Maybe you'll have to do it in 25-30, or maybe you'll have to go out and tame a few more dinos. If anything, the entire "Now I can't get as much work done in the day" is a non-argument because it's just a statement of the fact that Wildcard is trying to regulate the progression in the game so you don't go zero-to-hero overnight.

18 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

Perhaps that's the point. Pre-nerf, anyone who got a flyer pretty much vaulted over a huge part of progression in the early game, and the Quetzal significantly accelerated late-game progression. The Argy, Tape, and Wyvern all aggravated that issue in various ways. Now, you're not going to be able to get 10k metal in 15 minutes. Maybe you'll have to do it in 25-30, or maybe you'll have to go out and tame a few more dinos. If anything, the entire "Now I can't get as much work done in the day" is a non-argument because it's just a statement of the fact that Wildcard is trying to regulate the progression in the game so you don't go zero-to-hero overnight.

And the funny part is?

It just widens the disparity between attackers and defenders in Ark. I mean, sure, just nerf farming, it only makes defending bases impossible. Then again, 10k metal is probably 5-6 hours work and about 1/50th of the metal required for you to actually do anything in Ark, but yeah.

It's always amusing to watch people who don't know how Ark works, particularly PvP wise, try to make assertions about how farming nerfs work (or don't). 

6 hours ago, iAmE said:

And the funny part is?

It just widens the disparity between attackers and defenders in Ark. I mean, sure, just nerf farming, it only makes defending bases impossible. Then again, 10k metal is probably 5-6 hours work and about 1/50th of the metal required for you to actually do anything in Ark, but yeah.

It's always amusing to watch people who don't know how Ark works, particularly PvP wise, try to make assertions about how farming nerfs work (or don't). 

Aggreed. I can't be bothered to farm metal to finish my base now, I have a 12 layer thick wall on a 8x9x4 with 7 thick ceilings, all that was finished I just needed the turrets to finish it off but then the nerf happened and I couldn't finish it and got raided. Because turtles are OP. 

And the argument that everytime comes up "Nobody used to use ground dinos" is just total bullpoop because that's the only proper way to PVP, birds weren't everything I don't see anyone effectively turret tank with a quetz, since the (platform) saddle is hard to find a really good one and even when you had an 80 armor saddle the turtle would still be better,

2 minutes ago, younevergetthis said:

And you base that on what ark has been to easy for to long and these forums are full of children that want everything in a week so u stick to your x's 100 server and  pretend you know how the game should play 

Nah max I play on is 10x actually and that's preference that has nothing to do with it being easy or not, the bases I build you will never be able to build.

On 4/3/2017 at 5:16 PM, ciabattaroll said:

That's fairly flawed reasoning there. By the very virtue of what an alpha tribe is (a tribe with more manpower, firepower, overall dominance and resources at their disposal), then entropy and collapse from within (or through a mega tribe) is the only real method a smaller tribe can have to "catch up". Before these revisions, they most likely had more fliers, more dinos, and more manhours they could use than a small tribe could. Post stat changes, they still have more of everything than the smaller tribe. Being alpha meant that they are a very dominant force on the server, and if they were very assailable before this update then that means they weren't alpha, just a tribe with lots of stuff.

I think you, and other people, kind of focused on the wording that I used (ie: "catch up") instead of what I was trying to say.  The point is that someone with a metal base & decent turrets now has a huge advantage over those that are trying to build their base from scratch on a new server or after a wipe.  This applies to people wherever they're playing, official, dedicated, whatever. But honestly, I was talking more about the people who play on dedicated servers because they enjoyed ark before it was run by cross-server mega tribes.  The old alpha vs beta vs tons of small tribes was a big draw of the game for a lot of people, because you always felt like MAYBE one day you could become the alpha.  I've recently started playing on dedicated on XB1 because I was sooo bored of sitting there doing nothing on official but breed another giga that noone needed or troll some solo players with a bunch of bullies in the tribe I had to join to progress past stone lol.  I think a lot of people have probably switched to dedicated, or at least cluster servers, to limit the number of moving parts in the Ark's politics.  In these situations, where building up was still a possibility (pre flyer nerf) that ability has been severely reduced.  I'm not trying to get into a discussion about how sad it is that you can't possibly build up in an official server without joining a big tribe, and you can't even join a new server to try your hand at becoming the alpha first.  I'm just saying that this widens the gap on official, and that for people who aren't playing on official (Heretics!!!  Iknorite?!) it has severely increased the gap between people who built up pre-nerf and people who are just starting on a server.

Also... The issue that I haven't really seen anyone bring up about this nerf is the fact that WC added tek tier right before nerfing flyers.  I know, I know.... they seem unrelated, but think about it...

AFAIK there are only 1 viable methods for doing most of the bosses.  The first is to glitch yourself/the boss to somewhere you can't be hit and shoot it, which can't have been intended (this isn't destiny right?).  The second method is to take about 20 rexes to the obelisk with a max of 10 people.  So....why not nerf the only thing capable of quickly transporting a large number of rexes to an obelisk?  

And before ciabatta gets involved in this: I KNOW! We could caravan rexes from the redwoods, or the icebergs, or anywhere that's not directly on the OB alllll the way across the map to said OB right?  Or, if we were reallly the type of tribe that deserves tek tier, we'd be able to get 20 people and each could ride just 1 rex up there and have no problem with losing rexes to their old nemesis, the rock. 

Wait... what's that you say? Only 10 people can go into the arena, but you need 20 rexes?  Well I guess I have to revise my statement.  If we were REALLY REALLY the type of tribe that deserved tek tier, we'd be able to get 10 people riding rexes and then 10 minions/indentured servants who would happily walk our rexes up to the obelisk and then sit back and wait for the boss fight to finish so that we could all travel back to base and the important half of the team could go make their tek gear while the minions went back to their closet until we needed them for something else tedious.  

3 minutes ago, JoeBob1024 said:

Also... The issue that I haven't really seen anyone bring up about this nerf is the fact that WC added tek tier right before nerfing flyers.  I know, I know.... they seem unrelated, but think about it...

AFAIK there are only 1 viable methods for doing most of the bosses.  The first is to glitch yourself/the boss to somewhere you can't be hit and shoot it, which can't have been intended (this isn't destiny right?).  The second method is to take about 20 rexes to the obelisk with a max of 10 people.  So....why not nerf the only thing capable of quickly transporting a large number of rexes to an obelisk?  

And before ciabatta gets involved in this: I KNOW! We could caravan rexes from the redwoods, or the icebergs, or anywhere that's not directly on the OB alllll the way across the map to said OB right?  Or, if we were reallly the type of tribe that deserves tek tier, we'd be able to get 20 people and each could ride just 1 rex up there and have no problem with losing rexes to their old nemesis, the rock. 

Wait... what's that you say? Only 10 people can go into the arena, but you need 20 rexes?  Well I guess I have to revise my statement.  If we were REALLY REALLY the type of tribe that deserved tek tier, we'd be able to get 10 people riding rexes and then 10 minions/indentured servants who would happily walk our rexes up to the obelisk and then sit back and wait for the boss fight to finish so that we could all travel back to base and the important half of the team could go make their tek gear while the minions went back to their closet until we needed them for something else tedious.  

And then after the boss you have to spend hours of holding down the E button to heal them back up, which is SOOOO much fun and challanging gameplay.

I've spent thousands of hours in the game .....breeding etc and im ready to pike everything this nerf is just retarded. All of my quetzals have became useless, it takes 40 minutes to fly from green obby to blue obby on the center map. This is NOT the first time they have pulled this poop. I timed how long it takes on a rex guess what... SAME EXACT AMOUNT OF TIME TO GO FRM BLUE TO GREEN.

Just now, mizzz said:

I've spent thousands of hours in the game .....breeding etc and im ready to pike everything this nerf is just retarded. All of my quetzals have became useless, it takes 40 minutes to fly from green obby to blue obby on the center map. This is NOT the first time they have pulled this poop. I timed how long it takes on a rex guess what... SAME EXACT AMOUNT OF TIME TO GO FRM BLUE TO GREEN.

Only difference is Rex can actually kill something whereas quetzals cannot.

1 minute ago, Kevink888 said:

And then after the boss you have to spend hours of holding down the E button to heal them back up, which is SOOOO much fun and challanging gameplay.

I'm on xbox bro... we can't even hold down RT.  I have to mash it repeatedly.  My trigger literally squeaks all of the time from this game lol.

3 minutes ago, JoeBob1024 said:

I'm on xbox bro... we can't even hold down RT.  I have to mash it repeatedly.  My trigger literally squeaks all of the time from this game lol.

I feel for you, I was using a macro with less than 1ms delay on clicks making a stack of 2k meat (yes I play on unofficial) gone in less than 1 second.

But yeah my Rexes have 120-160k hp so yea..... 2k meat = 10k hp, after breeding them and leveling you need to heal them over 100k hp since the passive healing is utter bullpoop and holding down E will feed with a delay of 30ms (I know this because I have a 30ms macro to forcefeed berries to my phiomia for poop) so that means 15-20minutes per rex to heal them up, well you do the math (I'll give you a hint it's more than a quarter of a day)

26 minutes ago, Kevink888 said:

I feel for you, I was using a macro with less than 1ms delay on clicks making a stack of 2k meat (yes I play on unofficial) gone in less than 1 second.

But yeah my Rexes have 120-160k hp so yea..... 2k meat = 10k hp, after breeding them and leveling you need to heal them over 100k hp since the passive healing is utter bullpoop and holding down E will feed with a delay of 30ms (I know this because I have a 30ms macro to forcefeed berries to my phiomia for poop) so that means 15-20minutes per rex to heal them up, well you do the math (I'll give you a hint it's more than a quarter of a day)

What we really need is a Meat Pie, or something similar to sweet vegetable cake for carnivores. The current method is quite absurd.

2 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

I've only been plating since its release on ps4, but ask me the same question in a years time and my answer would still be the same.  If the game is "ruined" for people because of a simple nerf, then look for another game is the only advice I can give as there's more to the game than how fast a bird can fly. 

Very true. Amen to that.

that was all that the game had become. Now it is time to enjoy everything else the game has to offer

Just now, Volcano637 said:

Very true. Amen to that.

that was all that the game had become. Now it is time to enjoy everything else the game has to offer

Like grinding for years knowing there's no way you can ever make a defendable base because Quetzal Platforms (Yes, bugs and all) was about the only thing that kept the balance between offense and defense even tenuously in balance. 

41 minutes ago, Kevink888 said:

Jesus those stats are inflated. 

1 minute ago, iAmE said:

Like grinding for years knowing there's no way you can ever make a defendable base because Quetzal Platforms (Yes, bugs and all) was about the only thing that kept the balance between offense and defense even tenuously in balance. 

Yeah, but those barrel pteras and box quetzes cant duck you over either. 

Just now, iAmE said:

It is also going to slow down the production of rockets and c4 which is awesome. People need to work a little harder to destroy something that took a lot longer to build than it did to destroy.

i love the fact it will take people weeks to get all the explosives to raid a base

Hell im having fun now using raptors and carnos before I get Rexs whereas before I would be just using pteradons which saves me time as I'm living in the cave on carno island while I get ready to wipe the official I'm on as well as my friends in the diffrent caves fortifying explosives to take the alpha and wipe everyone else

2 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

It is also going to slow down the production of rockets and c4 which is awesome. People need to work a little harder to destroy something that took a lot longer to build than it did to destroy.

i love the fact it will take people weeks to get all the explosives to raid a base

Unless they already have those explosives, or live near the material nodes... Then you'll be regretting the fact that it takes so long to repair your base. lol

Archived