Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jerryn said:

The best people can do is to post issues, accurate observations, and constructive ideas and criticisms.

They don't really care, even if we do. They didn't even want to tell us what the damage was going to be so it could be discussed beforehand. Wildcard has shown time and time again they have no desire to listen to their players, they have gotten so big now that they fell they have no need to care. We were told we would be involved in the entire EA cycle. When they did the base nerf they did not tell us anything about the official rates, they left us to guess that, and never checked it themselves before releasing it and killing off OUR hard work (at x1, not x2 like it is now). Now they're doing this and again not communicating with thier players until after the fact? they won't do anything about it, no matter what we say.

It has only been what 4 hours? As a person who plays both PVP and PVE as well as running a dedicated server I urge all of you who are complaining to give it a week. Just one week of playing around with the nerf and seeing how it adapts the gameplay. After a week take the time to decide if it is really as bad as you think it is or perhaps it is for the better and you are jumping the gun. Use the week to come up with reasons why it is not a good nerf and then come up with ways the devs can tweak it to make it more balanced. A nerf needed to happen and maybe they went a little to far in the other direction but yelling about the nerf before it has even had a chance to be used in the game is not fair to the devs or the playerbase. 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Zederia said:

They don't really care, even if we do. They didn't even want to tell us what the damage was going to be so it could be discussed beforehand. Wildcard has shown time and time again they have no desire to listen to their players, they have gotten so big now that they fell they have no need to care. We were told we would be involved in the entire EA cycle. When they did the base nerf they did not tell us anything about the official rates, they left us to guess that, and never checked it themselves before releasing it and killing off OUR hard work (at x1, not x2 like it is now). Now they're doing this and again not communicating with thier players until after the fact? they won't do anything about it, no matter what we say.

Your choice to believe so.  I know differently, and that is how I proceed.

Just now, GrumpyxKitten said:

It has only been what 4 hours? As a person who plays both PVP and PVE as well as running a dedicated server I urge all of you who are complaining to give it a week. Just one week of playing around with the nerf and seeing how it adapts the gameplay.

no, just no. After a week it's 100% never going to change. Wildcard will not retouch it after a week, and they will care even less than now

Just now, Zederia said:

no, just no. After a week it's 100% never going to change. Wildcard will not retouch it after a week, and they will care even less than now

How do you know this? You dont. You and everyone else rioting on this thread are doing nothing but having a knee jerk reaction without actually giving it a chance and coming up with better ideas or constructive critiques to the current nerf. 

Guest BubbaCrawfish
32 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

Nothing says they will not make adjustments, like they have done previously.  I believe Jat even said the same in a tweet.

Since Speed is not a stat that is applied during breeding, that would not really matter.   And, breeding to have a better tamed/hatch stamina and carry weight would be even more important now.

Hopefully, after this has been tried out for a bit, some people will post some constructive ideas to improve the balance.

For example, imagine if the base stat was 100%, but that wild and tame level ups actually applied(but in small increments), so that all wilds(and tames) don't have the same movement speed; imagine that impact on breeding.  So, what you find and tame in the wild is really important, as there are no more level ups.

It was only last month they nerfed the base speed of the pteras in the first instance of these nerfs. Now they nerf it again by making it capped, thus totally nullifying my breeding regardless.

I also got told that any changes would be able to have a mod made to revert them, but yet, it doesn't seem like anone is that good to do a mod, or want to bloat it with extra functions where it doesn't need it.

Either way, we're screwed over, "change notification" or not.

You may think this isn't constructive criticism, but to hold this suggestion on another avenue entirely than the forum you have here, defeats the purpose of the forum... Had I known that this was going to happen, I'd have objected whole heartedly.

Where's the suggestion thread where this was discussed, as I didn't get my say, and I hazard a guess that MANY OTHERS didn't get their say either... I'm hardly part of a minority in this case, I am sure...

43 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

Nothing says they will not make adjustments, like they have done previously.  I believe Jat even said the same in a tweet.

Since Speed is not a stat that is applied during breeding, that would not really matter.   And, breeding to have a better tamed/hatch stamina and carry weight would be even more important now.

Hopefully, after this has been tried out for a bit, some people will post some constructive ideas to improve the balance.

For example, imagine if the base stat was 100%, but that wild and tame level ups actually applied(but in small increments), so that all wilds(and tames) don't have the same movement speed; imagine that impact on breeding.  So, what you find and tame in the wild is really important, as there are no more level ups.

I saw this and had to post. The thing is don't dismiss people's opinions and complaints because you don't think its constructive.

Well, I think I am just about done with this game now. I have about 2 months worth of breeding Argents to finally get good ones last night.

Hatch at lvl 313

Hp - 3796.1 (47 levels)

Stam - 4350.0 (48 levels)

Oxy - 780 (42 levels)(not that anyone cares)

Food - 9800 (39 levels)(not that anyone cares)

Weight - 665 (45 levels)

Melee - 402.2 (47 levels)

Speed - 100 (43 levels)

100% imprinting was, 15khp, 4350 stam, 780 oxy, 39200 food, 2660 weight, 1584.1 melee, 400 speed, and 47184.5 torps

now they are sub 1500 stam, and 100 move speed, not to mention a loss of about 80 levels.....

may aswell tame random 150s that will be higher level, oh wait or not... they are useless now, cant catch anything to kill now....

Guest BubbaCrawfish
5 minutes ago, LadyofHats said:

someone just posted this in another thread:

steam dev post

it would seem they will keep making changes during the week,  probably until people can no longer compare whether they like things or not.  

That's just a terrible statement, and such a terrible method considering they nerf various dinos, and don't give a rats about who complains, especially on the forums here.

Maybe they're using the steam discussions so they can simply see who is playing at the time they're making their posts, and how many hours they have on board...

I stay offline when I play, and don't disclose my steamname as I'd rather not have people who see my posts on here, finding my server and being asses about it...

Just now, BubbaCrawfish said:

That's just a terrible statement, and such a terrible method considering they nerf various dinos, and don't give a rats about who complains, especially on the forums here.

Maybe they're using the steam discussions so they can simply see who is playing at the time they're making their posts, and how many hours they have on board...

I stay offline when I play, and don't disclose my steamname as I'd rather not have people who see my posts on here, finding my server and being asses about it...

this website is suposed to be the "official" forum. but it seems news are posted there by the devs. 

1 hour ago, Michaud said:

You're kidding right? I've seen better idea's come from a cereal box and yes I verified wild wyverns are just as fast as our tamed ones now so you can't out run you'll run out of stamina you can't fight same thing unless you're an end tier player with a rock time and patience your screwed plus the milk is a while other poop show. 

Did you try?

Guest BubbaCrawfish
Just now, LadyofHats said:

this website is suposed to be the "official" forum. but it seems news are posted there by the devs. 

And suggestions, and polls, and actual dev correspondence...

The flyer nerf absolutely killed flyers. My Pteranodon which used to be able to go acrossed the island in one go without landing very quickly struggles to go 100 meters without landing. They are slower than running now. What was the point of this nerf. Everyone can get a flyer its not like a giga where you have to nerf it to protect noobs. Flyers helped everyone with travel so much why would you get rid of this. They are practically useless now. What is the point of getting rid of one of the most popular dinos of the games purpose? 

I didn't say that you did, its just easier to dismiss someone's opinion if its contrary to your own or whats popular. From all indications there are a lot of vocal people saying that its great, but most of the posts I have seen along those lines are people wanting to drink other peoples "tears"... As long as both sides of the argument are SERIOUSLY taken into consideration then a constructive changes can be made, but just because things weren't satisfying to the dev team doesn't mean you completely dismiss the opinions of your paying customers.

Also don't claim transparency when not a single thing was said about what was going to be changed, and so far as I can find no actual list on what got changed has been released.

5 minutes ago, velociderptor said:

Also don't claim transparency when not a single thing was said about what was going to be changed, and so far as I can find no actual list on what got changed has been released.

I will have to correct you on this: the information was posted POST-release. nothing was said prior however:

Flyer Nerf!

• A long time in the making, air combat is now being brought in-line with overall nerfs to things such as health, weight, speed, and stamina.
  • Stamina: across the board 50% decrease to base stamina (not including moth) and per-level stamina increase amount.
  • Increased stamina recovery time for flyers.
  • Don't allow the recovery stamina in the air if creature is being ridden or if a player is standing on it.
  • No speed upgrade. This clears the existing level-up speed stats and gives the points back to you to spend elsewhere.
  • Made passenger carrying weight scaling 1.0 for flyers.
  • Increased wyvern elemental stamina cost. 
  • Riding speed of flyers decreased by 10-30%.
  • Decreased quetz per-level hp.
  • Added a 3 second cooldown to Ptera barrel roll.

Im fine with the new ui and most of the stuff but like most people i really dont like the hardcore flyer nerf. Yes it does mess with my breeding lines and my base 294 ptera is now 270 .  . But think about new players on SE how are they gonna be able to steal an egg without 200 speed argy. I think if you wanna cap speed 200 would be reasonable. And Stamina ,well we tamed many to get good stats for breeding stamina included now its all going to hell. All those hours spent on the game im just disapointed and hope youre gonna make the good call and realize youve made and error. You should consider pve and pvp as different things. It doesnt affect us as much as pvp i guess. Also killing titan that are a pain in pve with wuvern now that 1 breath takes all your stam is gonna be difficult. Thats my opinion hope you will listen to us people that have more then 1700hours into this game :) 

those bunch freaken idiots just killed all my tribes wyverns we were raising by making it so it is IMPOSSIBLE TO GET MILK TO FEED THEM. Do you ever think before you nerf crap like this. If you did is slowly and balence the wilds at the same time then at least they would of had a chance to get milk and get them done knowing more was coming. instead you just went and killed every single wyvern that was being raised and made it impossible to get more at the same time.

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived