Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

So question how are we supposed to get wyvren eggs now?? just curious! I will adapt to this change evntually like always and I can't say it wouldn't have happened it is a shame I now have to tame new dinos and hope I don't loose a heap of levels on them when tamed too (petra went from 276 to 208 in levels lost over 60 levels don't know if those have been reqinded or not) But it kinda concerns me as soon as I tame up a new petra/argent as soon as it tames it will loose levels too! That is my main concerns right now and wondering if its worth trying to tame new ones even though I need breeding pairs etc!

But yes curious about this any help here??

Thanks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Zergling963 said:

So question how are we supposed to get wyvren eggs now?? just curious! I will adapt to this change evntually like always and I can't say it wouldn't have happened it is a shame I now have to tame new dinos and hope I don't loose a heap of levels on them when tamed too (petra went from 276 to 208 in levels lost over 60 levels don't know if those have been reqinded or not) But it kinda concerns me as soon as I tame up a new petra/argent as soon as it tames it will loose levels too! That is my main concerns right now and wondering if its worth trying to tame new ones even though I need breeding pairs etc!

But yes curious about this any help here??

Thanks

Sniper and a giga... sniper to agro them out giga to kill then fly in and pick up egg. 

Guest BubbaCrawfish
35 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

complain about the patch

Same as last time though, they nerfed my pteras, and now they've capped them at a terrible speed which means that my whole breeding project was for nothing... No more high speed runabouts, or high stam drop hunters... They're now utterly useless...

They REALLY need to revert this, and assess why it is that on the forums this wasn't discussed at all before it was done... There's a forum for a reason, and this nerf, shows that it's pointless being on the forums if the communication isn't going to be here...

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Same as last time though, they nerfed my pteras, and now they've capped them at a terrible speed which means that my whole breeding project was for nothing... No more high speed runabouts, or high stam drop hunters... They're now utterly useless...

They REALLY need to revert this, and assess why it is that on the forums this wasn't discussed at all before it was done... There's a forum for a reason, and this nerf, shows that it's pointless being on the forums if the communication isn't going to be here...

Nothing says they will not make adjustments, like they have done previously.  I believe Jat even said the same in a tweet.

Since Speed is not a stat that is applied during breeding, that would not really matter.   And, breeding to have a better tamed/hatch stamina and carry weight would be even more important now.

Hopefully, after this has been tried out for a bit, some people will post some constructive ideas to improve the balance.

For example, imagine if the base stat was 100%, but that wild and tame level ups actually applied(but in small increments), so that all wilds(and tames) don't have the same movement speed; imagine that impact on breeding.  So, what you find and tame in the wild is really important, as there are no more level ups.

12 hours ago, Jerryn said:

Hopefully, after this has been tried out for a bit, some people will post some constructive ideas to improve the balance.

For example, imagine if the base stat was 100%, but that wild and tame level ups actually applied(but in small increments), so that all wilds(and tames) don't have the same movement speed; imagine that impact on breeding.  So, what you find and tame in the wild is really important, as there are no more level ups.

having less than 1k stamina on a bird (argent) means it can not fly and attack more than a few times before having to land and sit to gain stamina. this will kill most dinos now. My ptera, 106 went to 103 and has about 400 stamina? from 1200? it lost WAY more than 50% that was said. it is no\w 100% useless, even to just scout

pics for @Jat

pre-patch

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/83721528734597015/A52A2D3999682900E8381C66197196541818D604/

post-patch

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/83721528734598087/7482542752929981EB1CCBC3C3237B106CB96590/

the above idea, I actually like

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Zederia said:

having less than 1k stamina on a bird (argent) means it can not fly and attack more than a few times before having to land and sit to gain stamina. this will kill most dinos now. My ptera, 106 went to 103 and has about 400 stamina? from 1200? it lost WAY more than 50% that was said. it is no\w 100% useless, even to just scout

Funny thing is, I remember when max level for wilds was 30.  And flying anywhere required landing at least once, which auto dismounted you.  And, you did not get nearly as many level ups.

Today's high level dinos are a luxury compared to that; at least to me.

People need to report issues if they encounter them, and, if they have constructive ideas, alternative, or compromises, to post them.

1 minute ago, Jerryn said:

Funny thing is, I remember when max level for wilds was 30.  And flying anywhere required landing at least once, which auto dismounted you.  And, you did not get nearly as many level ups.

People need to report issues if they encounter them, and, if they have constructive ideas, alternative, or compromises, to post them.

i also remember when taming a mammut took 10 hours. doesnt mean that is is right, nor fun. 

2 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

but this is a 100+ dino that cannot last 20 seconds in the air, this should not be. and 30 being max, let's see.. at base that put them in the range of.. 600 or so..? I could number crunch, but I really don't wish to right now. and Argents, well, those had EASY 1200 sta at level 30 before. in fact my tamed level 15 had about 700

1 minute ago, Jerryn said:

raptoring this...I remember at launch we were just happy as hell to get a crappy Ptera! We were in the air man!!! Its alot nicer having that ass puckering moment when you land to reup the stam wondering whats coming out of the bushes for you, and it doesnt make you oblivious to the terrain anymore either, better look for that safe place to land to recharge. The game has lost alot of those moments. you walk around now for the most part and dont fear the dinos. If you have tek gear, forget it, nothing can touch you. that needs to go too in my opinion.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Zederia said:

but this is a 100+ dino that cannot last 20 seconds in the air, this should not be. and 30 being max, let's see.. at base that put them in the range of.. 600 or so..? I could number crunch, but I really don't wish to right now. and Argents, well, those had EASY 1200 sta at level 30 before. in fact my tamed level 15 had about 700

Yes, I understand.  I am a player and I am talking as a player.

The best people can do is to post issues, accurate observations, and constructive ideas and criticisms.

This was not a nerf, this is a huge game style changer for better or for worse. Base locations might be useless now to some. Hopefully they at least add an option to revert this in private servers, otherwise 1000s of hours for me and most of our players will be put to rest. We will see where this goes but so far these changes do not look like my kinda game will come out of this. Now not only will it be dreadful gathering resources, it will take most of the day just to get there. We have spent countless hours leveling up speed and stamina based on the location of our base, now what?

we add teleporters but cap the speed of flyers....

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived