Lets talk about the broken ocean.

Robersdee

2 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Yknow, I'll answer this. I personally don't find comments like "git gud" to be offensive. However, when it sparks such a volatile response to it, then action has to be taken. The original poster felt maligned by the comment and gave a knee jerk reaction that was anything but polite. Under normal circumstances, I would have just removed his comment and given him a warning, as respecting each other is the number one rule within the community hub. However, if I were to simply remove his post alone, that sends a wrong message. It states that I find it fine for others to chidingly tell him that his performance is inadequate, that it's somehow ok for others to make fun of any perceived inadequacies he has. Rather than do that, I went with the fairer option of removing both the volatile reply as well as the post that caused such a reaction, affording this thread a blank slate.

I don't find comments like that offensive either, but if you spend time writing a constructive post with criticism and the issue with bugs and someone replies a few seconds later with "Git Gud", well then that's a little bit of an idiot thing to do, yes I got angry and called him a millennial <Censored>, yes i was a bit peeved off but I hardly used the harshest of insults to be honest.

you would have warned me? but encourage a meme thats spouted by 12 year olds the internet over, which added nothing to the thread at all?

the moderation style is a bit like WC's attitude to the game, hundreds of threads on a game breaking bug or issue but they release a new hair style. 9_9

A) I love the oceans and spent about 1/3 of my time there but i remember they felt kind of empty especially on the island so i am enjoying seeing the new creatures there and feel it is much more challenging and exciting.

B) the creatures clipping inside of my squid is indeed annoying. Alpha mosa or squid? Np can always use more black pearls. Anglers? Im running lol

C) so far i have only encountered eels once in the cave. I seen them from aways off so had no issues taking them out with my squid but i can see where they would be a pita if they got close.

20 minutes ago, Robersdee said:

I don't find comments like that offensive either, but if you spend time writing a constructive post with criticism and the issue with bugs and someone replies a few seconds later with "Git Gud", well then that's a little bit of an idiot thing to do, yes I got angry and called him a millennial <Censored>, yes i was a bit peeved off but I hardly used the harshest of insults to be honest.

you would have warned me? but encourage a meme thats spouted by 12 year olds the internet over, which added nothing to the thread at all?

the moderation style is a bit like WC's attitude to the game, hundreds of threads on a game breaking bug or issue but they release a new hair style. 9_9

Ffs. Trolls come in all ages. It's idiotic using a generational nickname as an insult

25 minutes ago, Robersdee said:

you'll probably get a warning and have that post removed

8 hours ago, DmpTrkDrvr said:

#1 problem with the ocean in Ark.. the crap way I lose my stuffwhenever I die in the ocean... Never see a satchel and even my animals seem to not drop a bag after they die... absolutely hate this otherwise I don't mind the ocean as for the most part it's an option and can be avoided without affecting the game experience... though when I do choose that option I would love my stuff to be retrievable after I die.. 

7 hours ago, vanyelxp5 said:

The bags always fall to the lowest point they can before colliding with a surface. Add to that the low visibility and it's very hard to find anything.

nope, I'm with DmpTrkDrvr.. we have 1 hour timers on corpses and we have death helper mod. there's approx 75% chance when you die in the water your stuff and dinos stuff is just gone. also wild water dinos no longer drop packs at all, if you accidentally eat that alpha mosa corpse while trying to fend off some anglers, bye bye black pearls... this is on theisland and thecenter.

P.S. please fix dino clipping underwater! pretty please??

2 hours ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

nope, I'm with DmpTrkDrvr.. we have 1 hour timers on corpses and we have death helper mod. there's approx 75% chance when you die in the water your stuff and dinos stuff is just gone. also wild water dinos no longer drop packs at all, if you accidentally eat that alpha mosa corpse while trying to fend off some anglers, bye bye black pearls... this is on theisland and thecenter.

P.S. please fix dino clipping underwater! pretty please??

This is, indeed, correct. 

In the ocean if you die, and your body is eaten (IE A dino kills you and harvests your body for meat), if you aren't within about, oh, 5-10 walls off the ocean bottom, your bag disappears. They used to appear at 50/50/50, along with Quetzal Eggs and such, but they've long since fixed that. 

Now, a bit more on topic.

I'm a resident Aquaman. My main base is located underwater. It has been since release. On different servers I'll grant, but almost always underwater. Somewhere, somehow. Lived on the back of a Plesi. Lived underwater in a cave. Before and after multi nerf. Lived off a Mosa. Lived off an armada of mosa's/plesis. 

The current underwater "Meta" so to speak, is as toxic as it ever has been. I'm all for adding difficulty, but the way Eels (And to some extent, even Jellies) add difficulty, is the wrong way. Entirely. While the game is a survival sim, and the goal should be to survive, adding a small animal (Which even loses it's abilities once tamed), that outright kills almost all the availability and diversity of underwater mounts, is a horrible idea. Add to that the natural glitches and hitbox issues, and you have an environment which still isn't challenging. It's just cheap. Sometimes you, with absolutely no possible way to change it, lose an underwater mount, and we aren't just talking about a "Oh, two hours gone, rip", we're talking about "Oh, I just lost something I have invested 5-10 hours into because an Eel was in a cave wall/rock/geometry".

The Eel shouldn't exist in it's current state. It certainly shouldn't exist in it's current state in the context it does (In a game where so many glitches are present that exacerbate it's already rediculous ability). 

10 minutes ago, iAmE said:

In the ocean if you die, and your body is eaten (IE A dino kills you and harvests your body for meat), if you aren't within about, oh, 5-10 walls off the ocean bottom, your bag disappears. They used to appear at 50/50/50, along with Quetzal Eggs and such, but they've long since fixed that. 

I'm a resident Aquaman. My main base is located underwater. It has been since release. On different servers I'll grant, but almost always underwater. Somewhere, somehow. Lived on the back of a Plesi. Lived underwater in a cave. Before and after multi nerf. Lived off a Mosa. Lived off an armada of mosa's/plesis. 

The current underwater "Meta" so to speak, is as toxic as it ever has been. I'm all for adding difficulty, but the way Eels (And to some extent, even Jellies) add difficulty, is the wrong way. Entirely. While the game is a survival sim, and the goal should be to survive, adding a small animal (Which even loses it's abilities once tamed), that outright kills almost all the availability and diversity of underwater mounts, is a horrible idea. Add to that the natural glitches and hitbox issues, and you have an environment which still isn't challenging. It's just cheap. Sometimes you, with absolutely no possible way to change it, lose an underwater mount, and we aren't just talking about a "Oh, two hours gone, rip", we're talking about "Oh, I just lost something I have invested 5-10 hours into because an Eel was in a cave wall/rock/geometry".

The Eel shouldn't exist in it's current state. It certainly shouldn't exist in it's current state in the context it does (In a game where so many glitches are present that exacerbate it's already rediculous ability). 

fantastic post.

I've lost so many tames due to this. 1 jelly fish stuns me and rip. It's stuck inside me and nothing I can do. Then the swarm of jelly fish and angler fish swim over and just melt my tame down. I wish priority was something WC had. I can't stand all these bugs/glitches that kills tames that take hours to tame and there's nothing you can do about it. Meanwhile WC are doing nothing to fix it. Instead they're adding cameras/canvases no one wants/knows even exist. 

I'd love a kind of 'purge' week where they take Ark down for a week and just fix it. Simple as that. 

5 hours ago, pkerjock said:

I've lost so many tames due to this. 1 jelly fish stuns me and rip. It's stuck inside me and nothing I can do. Then the swarm of jelly fish and angler fish swim over and just melt my tame down. I wish priority was something WC had. I can't stand all these bugs/glitches that kills tames that take hours to tame and there's nothing you can do about it. Meanwhile WC are doing nothing to fix it. Instead they're adding cameras/canvases no one wants/knows even exist. 

I'd love a kind of 'purge' week where they take Ark down for a week and just fix it. Simple as that. 

Sounds like a good idea, the ocean is terrible

6 hours ago, iAmE said:

exactly, difficulty should involve mechanics and skill, not luck. i also feel the larger ocean creatures should be affected differently by the eels/jelly, make them stun for 2 seconds or slow down but dont let them dismount you. 

9 hours ago, iAmE said:

Is that you my long lost aquatic brother? :Jerbcry: (About three thousand hours in, under, or on the ocean official primitive PVE, solo 99% of that time.)

On 3/19/2017 at 6:07 AM, Jostabeere said:

You could've left Bob Ross' and my comment though.

And you basically said the exact same thing as I did. You just didn't show him how bad he acts directly though.

dam why are you so useless men. 

Am gonna help you here on not to be useless.

Me on the water. I think the art team made a great job. For everything else, it really bad. Pleasio mega-predator ???? they were piscivore... Jelly fish are just an annoying thing that dont really put anything in the game a bit like the swamp fever when it got put inside the game. Something not needed and something the game was better with out.

I use to like water to be honest, i breaded spino just for it. But now there way to many way to lose a breaded animal.

You Dc underwater= you die. Good luck finding your bag. The game unfinished so this can happen at any moments.  

the Dev said that underwater base is really something risky that they probably should not do and i absolutely agree .  

I think i lost mosas in nearly every possible way in the ocean. got a total of 10 dead 145+ tamed mosas. Some just despawned, others got killed by invisible squids (luckly patched by now) and also 1 cause i got stuck on a squid and just despawned with the squids corpse after harvesting it. Today it hit me even harder. i usually farmed the hard cave solo with my high lvl squid. never had much problems but on friday the update came for xbox and i went in again. i killed an ammonite and tried to fall back to get all creatures lined up, but then my squid got stuck cause all of the sudden a huge squad of eels came out of the wall and i got stuck. eels and jellyfish continuously shocked me so i decided to jump of and whistle aggressive. i died very fast and decided to help the squid with a 3 mosa squad (all 150 tames). in the cave i sadly got swamed by 5 eels and then they shocked all 3 mosas and before the stun was gone, the first eel came back and again shocked all 3. this went on and on and in the end i lost a squid and 3 mosas. What were the devs thinking by adding this eel? its so broken op. the only waterdino with a use is the basilo, so this cave should be called basilo cave cause every other dino cant make it through.

and before people are saying that i should have used a basilo in first place. you just expect that 1 squid and 3 high lvl mosas shouldnt lose againt 5 eels, thats just totally unbalanced.

3 minutes ago, Carcajou said:

dam why are you so useless men. 

Am gonna help you here on not to be useless.

Me on the water. I think the art team made a great job. For everything else, it really bad. Pleasio mega-predator ???? they were piscivore... Jelly fish are just an annoying thing that dont really put anything in the game a bit like the swamp fever when it got put inside the game. Something not needed and something the game was better with out.

I use to like water to be honest, i breaded spino just for it. But now there way to many way to lose a breaded animal.

You Dc underwater= you die. Good luck finding your bag. The game unfinished so this can happen at any moments.  

the Dev said that underwater base is really something risky that they probably should not do and i absolutely agree .  

i dont fully understand the first part of your post but about the jellyfish i have to disagree, they are a good addition to the game, maybe they need to be tweeked a little for the bigger dinos but there needed to be more variety into the ocean, and having to be carefull and watch your steps isnt a bad thing. its the glitches that make it unbearable. i dont mind losing dinos legit because i want carefull or paying attention but losing them because of a creature that spawned where it shouldnt be spawning is stupid and wrong.

2 minutes ago, GGSDubSt3pz said:

I think i lost mosas in nearly every possible way in the ocean. got a total of 10 dead 145+ tamed mosas. Some just despawned, others got killed by invisible squids (luckly patched by now) and also 1 cause i got stuck on a squid and just despawned with the squids corpse after harvesting it. Today it hit me even harder. i usually farmed the hard cave solo with my high lvl squid. never had much problems but on friday the update came for xbox and i went in again. i killed an ammonite and tried to fall back to get all creatures lined up, but then my squid got stuck cause all of the sudden a huge squad of eels came out of the wall and i got stuck. eels and jellyfish continuously shocked me so i decided to jump of and whistle aggressive. i died very fast and decided to help the squid with a 3 mosa squad (all 150 tames). in the cave i sadly got swamed by 5 eels and then they shocked all 3 mosas and before the stun was gone, the first eel came back and again shocked all 3. this went on and on and in the end i lost a squid and 3 mosas. What were the devs thinking by adding this eel? its so broken op. the only waterdino with a use is the basilo, so this cave should be called basilo cave cause every other dino cant make it through.

and before people are saying that i should have used a basilo in first place. you just expect that 1 squid and 3 high lvl mosas shouldnt lose againt 5 eels, thats just totally unbalanced.

the dinos you brought should take care of anything inside that cave and under normal circumstances they would have been fine, its just this wall spawn thing that screwed you and many others over. The eels and jellyfish might be a bit to strong atm but if you see them coming and are prepared you can handle them, the wall glitch takes all that away...

14 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

i dont fully understand the first part of your post but about the jellyfish i have to disagree, they are a good addition to the game, maybe they need to be tweeked a little for the bigger dinos but there needed to be more variety into the ocean, and having to be carefull and watch your steps isnt a bad thing. its the glitches that make it unbearable. i dont mind losing dinos legit because i want carefull or paying attention but losing them because of a creature that spawned where it shouldnt be spawning is stupid and wrong.

okay i guess they could add this mechanic on land too. Something like a compy could paralyse and do damage to a giga and as more compys would swarm the Giga the giga would die .

The game could definitely use that. Also as you get ejected from the giga Troodon could work in tandem with the compy so you would get knock out as you land on the ground. 

you're welcome

7 minutes ago, Carcajou said:

okay i guess they could add this mechanic on land too. Something like a compy could paralyse and do damage to a giga and as more compys would swarm the Giga the giga would die and there nothing you could about it .

The game could definitely use that. Also as you get ejected from the giga Troodon could work in tandem with the compy so you would get knock out as you land on the ground. 

there are already dinos that can dismount you on land too, im referring to the thylacoleo, and microraptors can do the same thing. you shouldnt ever parade the entire island on 1 dino and be safe from everything. it is a survival game after all

Archived