ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Electroshock causes stiffness of the muscles, thus logically it should  lower stamina. Would you consider making the Jellyfish and Electrophorus attacks add no torpor until they have depleted our stamina first? Instant KO's and Losses with no chance of escape arent fun.

Also are you still open for creature suggestions(1000 + hours here and i've been saving one, but it seems the game is rather finished and i felt it's pointless to make a dossier)

P.S. Any chance of getting a Giant Crab ? 

Official ORP Servers needs some crazy changes please.

- Vault can't be pincoded (why not !?)

- Rafts have no demolish timer (Server launched 2nd June 2016 - which means we have on these Island Server tons of permanent ORP Rafts. Every single Raft counts as a tamed dino "Jen just tweeted it". Please help us to make these server running better in performance with that change).

- What about dinos which are permanent ORP ? they starve to death thats right but it can take up to serval months. check out the beaches. Full with ORP diseased dodos. and a lot of nice build spots are full with ORP dino cluster because the owners decided to go inacitve 4 ever. For the current activ people does it mean that the server lags more because of that.

- Do you have any plans for these ORP Servers. They are Test Servers and we have been testing it since 2nd June now. Not many changes or updates have been come in meanwhile. sad story because an Official ORP Mod would make ARK great again in serval points. 80% of ARK Community has besides ARK a Real Life or a Job to care about. If you come back from holidyas or something and you check out your base and see that you got raided while you have been offline that makes tons of people rage quit ark.  The Official ARK Community could be way bigger if ORP Mod would get in the right focus. Player maximizing isnt it something interesting for you WC?

- Do you release more ORP Official Servers ? Whats about Official ORP Center Map ?

1. Skins being part of the hit-box, I want to wear my Top Hat skin in PvP, but that just makes my head a huge target.

2. Higher quality Crossbows do not influence Grappling Hooks, could you make is so better Crossbows can shoot Grappling Hooks farther?

3. The possibility to use handguns in the offhand with an accuracy penalty? Pistols are severely underused at the moment, and this would create an interesting meta of people dual wielding revolvers, or using pistols and shields.

4. Nobody is using Smoke Grenades in PvP, give them some additional use. At least making the effect last much longer than 40 seconds, maybe a few minutes? Or some blinding effect?

5. An easier way to change ammo type? For example, I want to be able to switch from Fire Arrows to Grappling Hooks in the middle of a fight without opening up the inventory.

6. Tribe Log sorting from Newest To Oldest. It would be awesome if we didn't need to scroll all the way down for the latest things.

7. Tribe Log Timestamp (maybe local time?) instead of ingame days. It's currently very difficult to understand when a particular event took place from the tribe log.

8. Could we have the Plant Species x idle swaying animation turned off by default? A lot of tribes have hundreds of plant turrets, all of them swaying from side to side for no reason. Farther than a few meters, that motion is not even discernible, it would improve performance a LOT.

9. Maybe an event specific item (or generally available but very expensive) that lets you rename weapons? I would love to have a more personalized gear set.

10. The ability to read chinese/russian/etc characters with english localisation. This one would actually be very nice, those "ToFu" boxes in the chat are such a pain to deal with when you need to communicate with someone not knowing what country they are from.

11. At the moment a lot of people are using TEK Replicators as storage because of the high number of slots. Can we get bigger, more expensive vaults (TEK Vault)? All our replicators are filled with flint :(

12. A log for vaults, similar to the tribe log, with the names of people that took and added what items. If it's too difficult to add this feature to current vaults, perhaps add it to a future bigger vault (TEK Vaults? :D).

13. Getting shot in the weapon could decrease the durability of the weapon and just a tiny bit of hp?

14. The possibility of adding all available attachments for a weapon? Realistically, having a scope, a laser pointer and a suppressor on a rifle is not at all uncommon, maybe increase the weight for each attachment added to it?

Thanks for all your hard work guys! :Jerblove:

Can we farm Element in other ways too ? Only Boss fights is a bit over the top and is also really boring after you have killed a lot of bosses.

Can we have a seperate server if we do a boss fight. if the server ping is high your dino hits wont get calculate right and you loose a lot of damage because of that we lost a lot of imprinted rexes on official server. we killed hard broodmother in 5 mins before but then server ping was 250-300 and our dinos didnt deal any damage at all. Its not fair to loose all dinos after that fight if the time runs out. Aslong its not bug free. I think that you should get teleported out if the time runs out without dying.

I have a question regarding the Sponsored Mod program. Will the mods that end up being released be DLC? Everyone in steam does not have to pay for them, though you are paying these modders so I get if they do end up being DLC. I was also wondering about the option to disable fog on your server. Will this ever be released?

Underwater is now a lot more lively compared to Day 1, but some things could use a little love. 

Any chance you are willing to complete the Scuba Gear set with Scuba gloves? Maybe they give a resistance/immunity to damage, shock or otherwise, or increase damage amounts potentially? At very least an insulation boost in preparation for the Center underwater TLC pass. 

Could we also get some form of harpoon/other underwater weapons? Maybe can only fire extremely short ranges above water or only fired underwater. Or maybe an attachment that allows certain guns to be fired underwater? 

Lastly, with the upcoming TLC pass for original dinos, any chance Carbonemys will be immune to shock? Thanks!

What is the status of Linux developement, especially about all the graphical gliches that prevent player to enjoy end game (no caves, so no bosses, so no endgame PVP) ?

There has been so much changes these days : Vulkan updates, new UE4.15 supporting vulkan, new libre drivers with opengl 4+ support (mesa), new official drivers from Nvidia/Amd implementing vulkan...

Stop being silent and answer us this time !

4 minutes ago, Zarx said:

What is the status of Linux developement, especially about all the graphical gliches that prevent player to enjoy end game (no caves, so no bosses, so no endgame PVP) ?

There has been so much changes these days : Vulkan updates, new UE4.15 supporting vulkan, new libre drivers with opengl 4+ support (mesa), new official drivers from Nvidia/Amd implementing vulkan...

Stop being silent and answer us this time !

Bossypants

Can you change the item stacking? Would be so much better if items when placed in a chest or on a dino would autofill a stack and then overflow into a new stack. Instead of creating like a 70 and a 40 stack of berries it would make a 100 and a 10 stack. It's a nightmare having to keep pressing X for all of those who like full stacks or get irked but not having it all organised. Please change this

• Jen unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish pinned this topic

Archived